Friday 5/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 5/14

Good morning...I am excited this morning...and volunteering I am headed to my parents in IL for the weekend...I think that my mom and I are going to spend some together doing a few things in the morning..I am meeting friends for lunch and then going back to the apartment building that I lived in to hang out for a couple hours....Tonight I am hoping that my mom is making hamburgers and roasted veggies...The rest of the time that I am in Illinois will be spent just relaxing and hanging out with my parents...I am very much looking forward to not having to share my parents hardly at all..

Work yesterday was a little bit stressful again...am hoping today will be better....I think it will because the other Supervisor will be back and that always helps...

I hear my dad up stairs I think that I want a cup of coffee this morning...

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine..

It is "Good Friday"...Get ready for Easter....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Very sweet and true, sassy.

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Paula A..Aww..thank-you...

good early morning .

these noisy critters I live with.. ( hubby,cat).. like to listen to Tv at 4 in the morning . I grumble but does no good.. the Deaf ( almost) guy wants to hear the news. I always ask,, you could not wait until 7am?..

hoping to get the prep work done on Sundays food this morning..want to make the dressing for the cole slaw.. in case I don't have enough mayo here..

Saddest day in the life of the Christian Church.. the almost unbearable day for followers of Jesus.. And then comes Sunday Morning !.... makes me rejoice every single year..

have a good day one and all.. see you later .don't work too hard ( or fret at all)
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

The entire garden got planted yesterday. I don't see any possible frost for at least the next 10 days. Today I have to rake up the grass and weeds that I threw out of the garden while tilling and yesterday while planting.

Then I will mow and use the weedeater along the foundation of the house. Think I might even use the roundup to kill off the grass around the foundation and on each side of the drive. Make life a little easier when I don't have to use the weedeater every week.

​Went out to E.'s yesterday evening to play with V. E. and I also gave her our Easter baskets. She is really growing up now. I really wonder what grade they will put her in since she goes to the first grade in the afternoon. Kindergarten is so boring for her. She has gotten into trouble twice and sent to the principle's office once. Guess when she doesn't want to do something, she tells her teacher she doesn't want to do the "baby" work. She doesn't have any trouble in the first grade class. She just wants to learn to spell and doesn't understand why they don't teach her. Although she was spelling some words to me yesterday. She is just too intelligent and doesn't understand why she has to take steps to get where she wants to be.

Well time to quit bragging on V. and get me some breakfast then start to work. Everyone have a wonderful day.

Be ye fishers of men. You catch 'em - He'll clean 'em.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Our kindergartens are the old first grades. Kids learn to read and have sight words they spell...the preschools and daycare with curriculums do the old kindergarten!

Good Friday morning! I went to bbed a bit stressed about the cooking today and having all the kids as well as one school girl but woke up feeling good and able to get things done.
      For our prelude music Sunday we will have a harp! Christmas was the first time we had harp playing for the prelude and everyone was so quiet and just enjoyed the beautiful music. I asked the organist if she had some Easter music she could play and she started working on it last month. Usually it is the organ playing.
      I think about what you said Maye, a lot...I can't imagine the sorrow that the followers of Jesus felt on that Friday. But on the Sunday!!! Almost too much to take in.
      Reasons to rejoice, for sure.
      Beth, have a great weekend with your parents. And hope Jostoy, that you get it all done and with no problems. I had a painter give me a bid for my small daycare bedroom and at first thought I would pass, but now I think I am going to have it done. It needs it and the cheaper guy does everything in three of four trips and I just want it done on a weekend so I can get it dry before daycare.
      Love you all and hope you have a great day!

Comment

Good morning.

Yesterday hit 94° here, according to our temperature gauge. "Today will be cooler", at 89°, and cooler yet the day after. If this is spring, summer will be sizzling!

Joystoy, our youngest daughter was that way, like V.. At age 3 she learned phonetics at home, and began reading. She read the entire Dick & Jane book series at home before she entered kindergarten. In Kindergarten she was "teachers helper", helping kids who were needing help learning, since she already knew all her letters & numbers as well as reading. By the end of elementary school she had built herself a better vocabulary than her teachers had. She learned the only way to keep out of general trouble was to "dumb down" for them.
        But all through school, she hated repeating the same work over and over again, and after a while just refused to do it.
        In high school, she wanted to learn calculus, so they put her in Calculus 2, then said she wouldn't get credit for it til she took Calculus 1. As an adult, she built computers for her family (a total of 4)... and she sure knows computers!
        A child like that needs challenges to keep their brain functioning. Unfortunately, we found too many teachers who, in their own ways, were punishing her for knowing more than they did on various subjects. Oh, the situations that arose between her and the educators. I could tell you many stories, good and bad. But she was a delight to us over anything else.
        In the long run, it's very much worth encouraging these kids. But there will be bumps on the road of life for them.

Well, today I'm finishing up E's laundry and starting other batches. Plus I'll be trying on all my pants that I haven't been able to wear over more than a year, because of my medical issues. I'll keep what I can wear. I've already filled one big plastic bag with clothing and odds and ends for Goodwill. E now decided to go through his clothing, too. There's stuff he's never worn since he quit working. Hello Goodwill.

Well, time for breakfast. Haven't even had my mocha yet.
        Have a great day, everybody! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! Looks like another nice morning and I have no idea what the weather situation will be. Yesterday was hot as we loaded and unloaded boxes and clothes. My poor aunt is so overwhelmed and her son just wants to pitch stuff. She is moving into a very small assisted living apartment and cannot take or need all the clothes she has but we stuffed three closets full into one and her meals will be provided so the kitchen area is almost nonexistent yet she has packed a ton of kitchen things. I feel sorry for her since I have downsized and you get attached to stuff that you haul around and then end up...pitching! Jon is still pitching and I know i made a big mistake packing when I moved here but guess people have to learn. When Jon found out I had turned down playoff tickets he called Scott and they told me to call my nephew and I AM going to the playoff game Sunday! Nephew got hold of a box with 20 seats and still had space for Sierra and me. I know it is Easter but when my boys told me to go for it I did. Scott will not come home now but we will get together in a couple of weeks and Jon is off but said he could not turn down a day home alone in his own house...I do not think he was kidding! Anyway, Beth, I am going to the hockey game!! Today Sierra is moving in some totes and boxes and bringing her boyfriend. She called last night about taking Drew to the movies but she had to arrange that with her dad and I do not know if they are going or not. I have not seen Jon since he got home from work yesterday afternoon. we keep different hours and have different areas. We normally have a conversation when he gets home from work and after yesterdays we didn't even meet in the kitchen. Today I have to clean up the house a little and bring in some groceries. Guess I will have to cook with Sierra here...maybe just grill. Well, need to start my day..

Comment

Good Morning! Good Friday makes me sad yet grateful that He did this all for me....and you. I love Easter music....the song "up from the grave He arose....." is going through my head.

Yesterday was a busy one. Had customers in & out. Baked some Amish Sugar Cookies for the cookies trays I'm going to make. Got the eggs boiled & ready for coloring this morning. Made up stuff for cards. Tried a new recipe I found on FB. It's called Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls. Definite keeper & one that I'll be making again soon. Very lemony.

This morning I got up and made 3 (6 pans) of the sponge cakes for the Strawberry Marshmallow cakes. Then iced the carrot cake, and then we colored 5 doz eggs. Now we are going to head into town to pick up the strawberries (plus a few other things) then onto Arby's for lunch.

Oops, forgot to post this. Aldi's was out of strawberries, so we had to go to Giant Eagle. Was afraid of how much they were going to be there, but actually, they were cheaper than Aldi's. That's surprising. Blaise was looking forward to spending his time in the Eagle's Nest (free babysitting) while I shopped there, and here last Saturday corporate office closed all the Eagles Nests. He was in tears because he loved going in there.

Now that I've taked my little nap, I'm onto making the marshmallow layers. Then prep the shell & filling for the two peach pies I have to make tomorrow. I'm hoping to get to church this evening.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X