Thursday 4/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 4/13

Good morning work was a bit stressful yesterday. My direct supervisor was the only the only supervisor there yesterday for a while so he was on a bit of a power trip...seemed like he was ending up in my department about every 20 minutes finding some thing that I was doing wrong...its so much better for me and I do so much better when I don't feel that I am being placed under a microscope...

Had another migraine last night and the new med the doctor gave me made me good for nothing...I did mangage to switch the laundry...I don't remember putting the first load in to wash...and I do know and remember having supper....but I woke up at midnight realizing I had falling to sleep with out taking any of my night meds...I took them all and went right back to sleep.

Work and group today....and getting the basement in shape....

Maxi I am so excited for the blues win last night!!!! From the sounds of it the game was a nail biter!!

Good Morning!

Home Health Assesment coming at 7:30, but I am ready for her. Second visit. Good thing she's a former student and I know her - well.....

So baking my 2 cakes today. Not fancy, just cakes.

TX Rangers won, as well. Always feels better to win than lose.

Have a super duper day.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Dang....I had something all typed up, got the error mgs, copied it, and then it went into cyber space somewhere.

Yesterday wasn't super productive, but I had a nice visit with Aunt J while she scooped grease and I filled the ladylocks. Before she came I delivered the pie to the doctor's office and picked up the new sale items at Aldi's. Got the icing made for the cupcakes I'll be doing on Saturday. Boxed up all the ladylocks into orders and then called everyone. They'll be coming over the next 3 days.

This morning I HOPE to bake the cake layers for the strawberry marshmallow cakes. I may even whip up the icing for them too.

Becca is coming down for the night and we are going to play cards with my SIL, niece, my Mom, & Aunt P. I've pre-ordered the pizza for tonight at Pizza Hut. They sent me a special deal, 3-Med pizzas with 1 topping for $5 ea. Works for me! Also want to make spinach dip and this new recipe for lemon filled crescent rolls. Now I hope to get this all down while fighting a cold. SOMEONE shared it with me, and I'm not happy. I DON'T have TIME to be sick!

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't wait to hear how the lemon rolls turnout...

Good morning everyone.

Donna, it seems that everyone is willing to share a cold, but nothing that makes us happy or a little wealthier.

​Well after tilling 2 gardens, filling my flower pots with dirt, and taking my blades off the mower and sharpening them, I'm a "little sore" this morning. I still have to "smooth" the dirt down with the garden rake. I will then go spend some big bucks to buy all the plants and seeds that I need. This warm "spring" weather sure makes you want to work, or at least it does me. I love being outdoors.

Time to get my morning meds down, then get to work. I'll try to remember to get some breakfast this morning. Yesterday I forgot when I got busy outside. Missed lunch also, but when I came in at 3:45, I got an early supper.

Everyone have a great day.

I don't know why some people change churches; what difference does it make which one you stay home from?

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

a quick good morning .

going to be a busy morning ... some floor cleaning.. if I get the floors mopped extra good and run the sweeper everywhere there is carpet.. I will have done a days labor.. will then go meet with the pianist at the church.. go over our Sunday morning one song.. then head for Donna's to pick up some choc goodies.. .....

will recheck that I have all the ingredients here I need for cooking over the weekend.. one of the things I miss is being able to "send" David to the store..
        I can still do that. but I worry the whole time he is gone.. his right hand is pretty much numb with neurapothy ( sp).. and his reflexes in his legs are not good... so I try to make sure to get what I need while I'm out ..

Bethina. I feel so sorry you suffer with migraine ..my daughter does too... I have been blessed never having one..
        Hi Elaine .you and Donna doing cakes..Im doing one pie .. choc pudding ..its seems to vanish fast
        Jostoy... you made me tired reading that....wish you lived next door.. I would turn you lose weeding my flower bed .. Hubbys Mother was like that .
        ........... but she did not do hand work. like knitting , crocheting .etc.. to each their own.!.

Donna, always enjoy visiting and "grease ball ' making with you...

better get moving . see you all later

HI Paula and SassyGirl
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Oh Beth, it was a beauty wasn't it? Even though it lasted until this morning! My nephew sent a text bright and early and has somehow gotten tickets for Sundays game and wanted to know if I was interested. I would kill for a playoff ticket but it is Easter Sunday and my son is coming home and the extended family is gathering at my brothers. Can you believe I turned down a playoff hockey ticket??!!!!! Any other day and I would have swam the Mississippi to St. Louis. Today I am meeting up with my sister and we are going to help our aunt pack and move some of her clothes into assisted living. Then I should be free to grocery shop tomorrow and figure out a dish to take for Easter. Yesterday doctors appointment went well. We are going to monitor everything for another 6 months. I have a faulty parathyroid and thank goodness this doctor is not pushing for surgery which down the road is going to be my only option. I did not want anything done this summer but will have a bone density test as requested. We have monitored it for a year so what is another 6 months? SUMMER is what it is! Boys dyed eggs and then we grabbed a bite out. KFC is not my favorite but I was a group player. The place must have been run without adult supervision. Food pans empty, you expect the chicken to be low at times but the slaw?, ice tea empty and never was filled while we were there even though we ask several times. People were grumbling so I expect it will be reported. but not by me. With a granddaughter in fast food I would never report a situation unless it was harmful because I am sure those kids did not want the responsibility of running a supper rush. And I know they come down on the kids and not the absent adult manager. Suppose to be warm today with a chance of rain this evening. I never picked up the flower pots so better water the plants before leaving. Tree has never been planted either but since we changed the entire plan for the front we are kinda at a loss as to where it should go now. Need to get going...promised I would get there early today so my sister would see my car and know she was in the right place. We are having some nice days here so hope you all have are also. You ladies all work to hard and to much...tilling, cooking, getting up and going to work every day...you make me feel so lazy!

Comment

• bethina
            bethina commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't believe you turned down the ticket !!! I can understand though.

Next summer we should look into cub/cards tickets!

Oh, good morning Maye, and everyone else, above and who come later. JoG and I seem to type at the same time a lot.
          I wish I had more people coming for Easter. However, I am making dinner for the shelter and a Texas sheet cake for them, too, so that helps in the wanting to bake,etc..
          I bought flowers for the youth group to plant at church yesterday. It was getting dark by the time we got them all in, but so pretty. We let the girls decide where to place them, help dig the holes and all of us ended up getting good and dirty!
          Round Up Week starts this weekend with a chili cook off and it means cowboy hats will be the Easter bonnets around here. There have been many years when Easter was rodeo finals...makes for interesting Easter services because our church is one block from the rodeo grounds. There usually are one or two guys who come to church dressed in their team shirts.
          Windy and scattered showers still in our daily forecast. No rain while we were planting yesterday so I am not complaining.
          I need to put on a little makeup so I don't scare the kids.
          Have a good day and stay out of trouble!

Comment

Good morning everyone..
            Rise and shine...
            I am last..I had early doctor appt..
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
              A bright sunny day ahead of us here...and we hit 92° before the day is out. The foreseeable forecast shows mostly the high 80°'s though.
              I see that some more trash blew into our yard, so I'll get that picked up this morning. Makes me wonder how many lazy slobs live close by. You know? We seem to get more than our share of their mess.
              E wants me to toss the cancer related booklets I got from the hospital (the size of magazines). But even though we caught it early, I'm still under their watch should it return. I might give away 1 or 2, but the ones with any care instructions I'm keeping. For now. They have an info set-up for cancer patients and fill a tote bag with the books and papers.
              We're sorting through lots of things, so if we decide to move in a year or two we'll be ready.

Yes, Paula, we do type at nearly the same time here. But we're in abutting time zones, and right now we're sharing one, sorta. Your DST is on a par with our MST. Oh, put a flower in the band of your cowgirl hat, to make it your "Easter bonnet". 😄
              Looks like everyone's already busy today. My inner clock changes with the weather now, or so it seems.
              Beth, I'm sorry that you get migraines. Do you think its work/stress related? I wonder if simple yoga would help you?

Well, I think I hear hubby stirring. That means breakfast time is approaching.
              So I guess I'll go get dressed and get breakfast started.

Does anyone hear from Punkin (don't think we heard from her since she left on that last retreat she mentioned), BarbCA (hope her back is doing better), Nalani (?), or Pat (?). Did I miss anyone?

Hope you all have a really good day! ☀️
              Last edited by JoGee; 04-13-2017, 10:29 AM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                I hear from Pat on Facebook. Things are going well.
                I also read Punkin's posts, but not as often as Pat's. I will go check.
                And BarbCA told me she uses Facebook to see grandkids photos...

Thanks, Paula. I still don't do Facebooks (except our emergency retreat when necessary).
              Please let them know their friends at the RT miss them, and please post here too if possible.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I made Sharon's wonderful sausage patties, and posted my dietary tweaks in the kitchen.
                It's really good.
                E is certain it's the best sausage he's eaten !
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X