Wednesday April 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday April 12

Good morning...Yesterday wasn't a good...ended up having to get a migraine shot. Mom thinks it may have been more sinus/allergies because I felt like I was going to pass out before the head ache came...

Working this morning walmart and walgreens after that....more than likely I will go to church tonight....

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was another busy one. Started by running into town to shop at Aldi's. How did so much get into my cart? I'm looking forward to Monday. Made Rice Krispie treat "eggs" for Blaise's class for today. They are cute. I made 3 recipes so I could make 6 different colors. Then it onto baking cupcakes. Won't ice them until Saturday AM. They are for the restaurant's Easter buffet. Then made a coconut cream pie for the doctor's office.

This morning I HAVE to fill the ladylocks. Also have to get the pie delivered. Waiting to hear from Aunt J about what time she's planning on coming over to scoop grease balls. I may start baking the strawberry cake layers. I'll then freeze them until Saturday. There are a lot of steps to this cake. Going to try making all the icings I need for the cakes & cupcakes.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Becca is coming home for the night & we are going down to my SIL to play cards with the ladies of the family. She's not able to be here for Easter due to work.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it the strawberry cake we just saw on Facebook?

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      The Strawberry Marshmallow Cake....4 layers....making homemade marshmallow layers.

Good morning all.

​Well yesterday didn't turn out to be a "do-nothing" day. Went out to E's to change the filter and oil in the small mower. She had decided that we should mow so if we needed to go to T.H., the mowing would be done for this week. She has Violet this weekend including all day Friday and Monday.

Before I went out to her house, I tilled the garden again. Then when I came home about 3:45, I tilled the garden a second time. Then threw out what grass and weeds that had been tilled up.

​Today, it will be tilling the garden again. It takes at least 3 tillings to get the garden to dry out. I will go to Wally World to get a bag of soil to mix with my garden soil to put in all my flower pots. Might even see what flowers are available at the nursery around the curve from me. I saw where they must have gotten a large truck load of flowering bushes yesterday.

Again, I can't get anything done sitting here. Have a great day everyone.

God loves everyone, but probably prefers "fruits of the spirit" over "religious nuts!"
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Sunny but cool morning here. Up early to boil eggs before leaving for the doctor appointment. Andrew decided he wanted to dye eggs this year and today is the last day he will be here for a while. Jon will take his basket and gifts over this weekend after baseball practice. Scott is coming home for Easter but maybe just for the day. He is young and can drive that all in one day...my back would be screaming! Sierra is bringing in some boxes this weekend but the actual move is next weekend. She will still stay with her mom until school is out in May or her mother leaves, which ever comes first. However, I see no signs of her mother leaving or her boyfriend hearing from any jobs he has applied for in Minnesota. Jon is off this weekend but I am not sure he will be going Easter to my brothers. I think he will work over time if offered. Received the bid from the carpenter and we will do the work ourselves. With the ground going to be graded it will be at less of a slant and there comes a limit to the amount of money you can out out. The concrete work is already very expensive but will change the appearance of the front while the lattice work is just cosmetic. Getting ready to pay for the Disney trip...have been putting if off in case we had to cancel but there is no movement in either the states budget or union contract talks so guess everything is still in a holding pattern. What a way to live! Gotta go, have a long drive this morning and want to stop at a few stores that I do not get to very often plus be home to meet the bus since Andrew has early dismissal. Leftovers for supper. Hockey playoffs start tonight with the Blues playing late. Poor Cardinals need a start over this season but it isn't how you start but how you finish and it could be a looooong summer to October with what they have shown us so far! So sunny and bright this morning...probably means I will need a coat!

Comment

Good morning.
        Nothing going on here today. But it won't be a lazy kind of day. Some things here need some attention.
        The guy who sprays our yard was sick, but will be here today to catch up. They just didn't tell their customers! Not a good way to run a business.
        No big plans for Easter, though. No special dinner plans. No guests. But E bough me my jelly beans and some dark chocolate. 😄 With luck, maybe some of the kids will call. Or maybe we'll call them.
        Guess I'll bring in the paper.
        Have a very good day! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I am running behind and will get that recipe here soon.

Jostoy, your post reminded me I didn't buy any garden soil to mix in the area we are kkplanting at the church tonight with the youth group . I bought all the plants at Walmart and it was my second trip of the evening and I was just ready to get out. I think I will be stopping there on my way this evening. And of course, there is rain (scattered showers) forecast for this evening...
        Most of today will be clear skies but windy...I need something more than the hair spray I use to keep my hair out of my eyes. I need to get out my summer visor and keep it handy. I use it when I am swimming.
        This is a busy week for me and it sounds like most of you, as well.
        Maxie, with all the blue collar help promised in the election I would hope someone would help you guys out! You deserve your Disney vacation!
        Have a good day and hope the sun shines for us all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Well, I couldn't sleep last night so I washed a bunch of glassware and mirrors and dusted the house. This morning I'm tired but happy.

Our nephew tilled his garden and then on Monday got 8.75 inches of rain so his garden turned into a muddy pool. Glad we don't garden anymore.

Getting plans and supplies ready for our Friday Easter meal.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

good evening

thought I had posted here... but got moving fairly early ..D. wanted to go to the groc store with me... add 1/2 hours to the trip... just getting him out the door ,is time consuming .. he has to back to bathroom. .oops forgot a clean hankie.. finally got going ... very quick stop at library .. home , unload. and then went to Donna's.. what a nice chatty hour or more with her... making grease balls is just an excuse for me. LOL... ..

came home .eat. take a long rest.. with book in hand... finally got moving again.. but real "housework".. will get done in bits and spurts over the next couple days..

should it ever get to sunny and 75.. I will head for the flower bed down the east wall of house.. and weed . OR call on a grandkid . the daffodils are blooming right up thru the weeds.. .

have any of you tried the crocheting with plastic bags? .making strips,crochet into . mats ?.. .If so. is there a site on internet I can go to get instructions?
            not sure the fingers would take the work but might be interesting way to use up these bags ..

see you in the morning .
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye, try googling "crocheting plastic bags" and you'll find a number of sites.
              There are more projects for that than I expected.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X