Monday 4/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 4/3

Good morning...I could go on and on about my wonderful weekend!!! The weather was perfect....just a bit cold...but thats what the heaters in our campers and my tent were for and the fire was perfect....we didn't do a whole of anything and that was even great!! The first night I slept so good and was nice and comfy and cozy in my little tent....the 2 night not so much...I couldn't get comfortable...or warm enough

Back to the real world today! Work...then I have an appointment at 1....the I badly need groceries in this house....I don't think that I will probably do much of anything this evening...I am pretty tired from my weekend...

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was beautiful.

Yesterday I tried a new crock pot recipe for chicken & dumplings. It got 2 thumbs up from everyone, so the recipe is a keeper. We had fun playing cards. My niece modeled her prom gown for us. She looks like a live Barbie doll....beautiful!

Not sure what today will bring. Might run into town to Aldi's. I need to finish up some paperwork. Have a meeting at church this evening.

Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning ...

another broken night sleep.. awake at 3 .. David got up shortly after that.. thank heavens I did get back to sleep until 6.30.. but never feel really rested when sleep is broken like that... but.. no plans or events in later afternoon, so can catch a snooze before DWTSs.

also going to Aldis .. and Walmart... like Bethina.. the grocery list finally got long enough that it will be a major groc day... mostly replacing all the easy meal foods.. like pizza, pot pies.. soups.. after lunch will hope the library has the books in that I ordered on Sat.. have finished the one we got.. David has become a reader ,( at last).. and he is in need of more books too.. the library is only 4 miles away., thank heavens.

Beth .camping is fun. and glad it was a great time for you..
      Hi Donna. and Paula.. hey,, see you all later
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Mornin! Up early again. Need to meet Sierra to make sure the rental she gets is a decent one for her to drive to school and not a clunker that barely makes it. She only has one class on Monday so i will meet her after that this morning. Plus we has a carpenter coming to bid the lattice work around the porch. We thought we could do it but with the ground being on a slope we decided to have the guy who built it last fall do the finish work this spring. Makes sense to now have the finishing work done now instead of finishing it entirely last fall...right? We bought a big umbrella for the patio and naturally it is much bigger in the store but it is more shade than we have now. Sierra and her boyfriend were here and he helped Jon put it together. It is going to look nice out there but we won't be using it today because it is raining. We had the most beautiful weekend and back to Monday rain. Did not wathc the Blues play every second because of the outside work but we won and the Cardinals beat the Cubs on opening day. What a way to start the season. I need to dress and get ready to start my day. Have a beef roast in the crock and will add potatoes and carrots. Busy week ahead starting with today!

Comment

Good morning.
          It's chilly in the house this morning. Yesterday only reached 75°, but today I forecasted to be 81°. We will see.
          I trimmed our pistachio tree yesterday so that the branches don't fall too low, and to clear a few branches that were brushing our neighbor's car. Today is bulky trash pick-up day, though that sometimes takes a week for them to get to our neighborhood. I really have one more tree to trim in the backyard, but it am not going to rush it. The few branches from that can go into the trash any time, if cut small enough. The guy I hired last fall did a lousy job of tree trimming.

Otherwise, no particular plans for today. But tomorrow I have an appointment fo a haircut.

Have a great day! ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good windy morning here! I didn't even turn on the news because I can hear what is going on outside. It will be sunny so I am willing to take the wind. And it is Monday, which means just one toddler and that means I can get some things done outside while the kids play because this little guy loves being in the stroller and watching me rake and bag up the leaves. The one bad thing is my neighbor's tree that overhangs my yard and gives the sand box great shade also is now blooming and the bees love it! We can actually hear them buzzing, there are so many and so loud! My lilac is blooming and butterflies are all over it. I went out to smell the flowers and there were 6 butterflies.
            Maye, what kind of books does David like to read?
            Donna, I would love the recipe for the crock pot chicken and dumplings...
            Take care and have a great day!!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone

I am the late one again..

Oh Boy.!!! It is rainy like cats and dogs..We had to cut short our run around..We just went to Wal-mart..
              We are home ..Now..
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Paula... David like the early old west stories.. with Indians.. horses.. no cars. trains. etc.. wish I could get into some other category too..like early exploring of places like Alaska.. he does not like mysteries or murder. spy kind.. darn.. but I just like him reading , cuts down on the TV noise.
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                X