Tuesday 3/28/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 3/28/17

Good morning...The store seemed slow yesterday...not a good thing for us...we may still be on track to get either a single or double bonus....75 extra on my check...I only get half of what the full time people get and that is fine.

Work today...volunteering this afternoon...Then this evening I am going out with a friend...we are going at 730 to see Beauty and the Beast...we were supposed to go the weekend it opened but non of the other ladies that were wanting to go with us could go and we decided to wait for 5.00 night...

Good morning everyone..
    Rise and shine..I wish we see the sun..It rain last night..
    Not much going here..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Going to go do my civic duty(right) as an American citizen today. Won't be here when the election actually is. Will be in F.W. seeing my family , and doing some "chores" that my sister-in-law needs.

Everyone have a good day.

Peace starts with a smile.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        What is on your ballot? We don't have any voting scheduled...

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula, it is only local offices.

Good Morning! It's a wet dreary one here today. Yesterday was gorgeous!

Yesterday was a very productive day. You know I like those kinds of days. Cleaned, did all the laundry up and put away, mixed up 4 kinds of cookies dough & got 3 of the baked off. The only thing I didn't do was paperwork.

This morning I went to have my cereal and I forgot I used up all the milk yesterday. So first thing after getting Blaise out the door was going to the store for milk. Just got off the phone with the doctor's office to see what was going on with my insulin Rx and the girl had no clue what I was talking about. I KNOW I talked to this girl a month ago. So now I'm waiting to hear for another lady at the office.

This morning I'm hoping to get all the sugar cookie dough baked off. I'm going to the church to play a game of Hand & Foot with some of the ladies. They play every Tue except the first Tue of the month. I'm trying to build relationships & friendships again. The only way to do that is to get involved.

My cousin & I are talking about going to see the movie The Shack. I read the book & I heard the movie followed it pretty darn close. Of course you have your nah sayers, but it's fiction and never claimed to go verse by verse from the Bible. It's just something to give you to think about. It was an excellent book.

Time to get busy.....have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        All the comments from friends who saw it are good.

Good morning.
      It's trash day for us. Next week we will also have "bulky trash" pickup. Branches, bigger stuff, etc.
      It looks like we had rain sometime into the early hours. Good! The plants really need it.
      This morning I woke coughing again. Not so severely as last week, but am disappointed it hasn't left me yet. I woke 4 times during the night to get a cough drop, as well.

Today will be cooler for us, 72°, which is probably why the house feels cooler than usual. It will gradually be getting warmer as the week goes on. Warm, I like!!!

One big gripe today. I asked GD via email whether she got the baby's card and check yet. The check is a sizeable amount, so I'm concerned. It should have arrived the day before the baby shower. No response.
      I asked her sister to ask again for me....no problem, she says. I never did get the answer.
      I asked their mother as well. She didn't have a clue. So I asked if I had her DD's email right. Yes I did have it right.
      So I emailed the very PG GD again. Waiting for an answer. So far still no response.
      Am very upset/angry with the lot of them. I feel like I've got smoke coming out my ears. I'd really like to disown them completely. Am I wrong to feel this way?

No plans today. I'll take it as it comes. It feels like a good day for pancakes.
      I think meat loaf and mashed spuds sounds good for supper tonight. This is comfort food to me.

Have a super-duper day. Be happy. Pass on your beautiful smile today.☀️
      Last edited by JoGee; 03-28-2017, 09:56 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        They should let you know right away they got the check and thank you and tell you how it will be used!!!
        Honestly, Jo, I just tell myself my gift must not matter that much to them and take them off the list.
        I think you have gone way beyond the extra mile!

It is dark still here, but will be light soon. Our temperature yesterday was a high of 70, but it started out Foggy! Like 0 visibility on the road and I was really concerned about Becky. She texted when she got to school. She told me later it was so foggy that she thought a car in front of her was pulling off the road for problems and then saw it was an exit! She was so stressed from the drive that she said it took her the whole class to start to feel normal again. Her Bio teacher kept looking over to her for answers when no one was responding but she said she was still getting her nerves calmed down! The fog on Thanksgiving night was so bad that I know exactly what she meant. And when she left Red Bluff it wasn't that bad at our house. It was when she got on I-5 and then closer to Chico. Today she doesn't have class so it is a work from home day. She stays with my mom to help and be around for her care and it is much quieter there for her school work.
      I made the chicken casserole for my friend and her daughter and then a neighbor showed up with meatball stuffed shells for us! Nice surprise. He said they made a lot and wondered if we would like some.
      We are not supposed to have any rain this week. Right after daycare I mowed my side yard and half of the back that I hadn't got finished Saturday. today I will rake up some leaves the neighbor's tree drops in the play yard and get it ready for tomorrow's yard waste pick up. I want to change my sand area and put some cement blocks around it to help define the space (maybe keep the kids from hauling it off), and also have the blocks for kids to sit on if they want.
      I am rambling, I know. I hope your day has a lot of sunny rays, and if not, then sunny thoughts!
      Take care and consider yourself hugged!

Comment

I read The Shack...sent it on to my sister and we are both still mulling it over in our heads. I'd be interested in what you thought of it Cookie. Today looks like a repeat of yesterday without the rain. Not a drop of brightness in the sky. Need to run home and meet Sierra to complain about the paint job on the car she hit the dog with last September. She has gone in alone and gotten the run around but grandma is not the pushover a young girl is. I need to get home to meet the bus since Jon has an emergency dentist appointment after work and the exterminator is making his first call of the season. I had no intention of cooking anyway so guess nothing is lost but my time. This construction has changed the bus route again and now we are so confused we have no idea what time Andrew will be home today. They are adding train tracks for fast rail and highway work by adding turn lanes and stop lights and are temporarily closing crossings and/or roads . Well,,,you have to leave at least one open dummies! Boys went out for Chinese last night but I was more in the mood for early jams...I was cold all day yesterday. Must have been the damp because once I curled up under the blankets and warmed up I felt great. Enjoyed another Blue's win. Nothing new from around here and nothing exciting coming up in the future. A little sun would be nice. I need to find a day this week to stay home and do all the things I should have done this last weekend while I WAS staying home. Enjoy your day and cookie slow down. You do all that and still find time to read books? Have a good one all.....

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember the discussion was that the Trinity was meeting the man on a level he could relate to better. That he had been abused as a child and didn't have a good father figure, therefore God didn't come to him as a man. Now you've got me wanting to read the book again. I just remember it was a very thought provoking book and I wanted to share it with whoever was willing to read it. I'm terrible at reading the Bible, but give me Christian fiction any day. It brings the Bible lessons/verses to life in terms I can understand. I remember the first CF book I read was one Aunt Maye recommended by Frank Peretti....The Present Darkness. It TOTALLY changed my way of thinking of prayer and the importance of it. I've bought that book several times and shared it. I normally don't get my books back and that's one that I highly recommend. oops....I just WROTE a book.

Got Sierra's car going in for a new paint job next week. Funny how I had no problems and the paints chips were self explanatory with no questions. I think some men just get a kick out of bluffing young girls. Stopped by and saw my aunt who is moving into assisted living. She makes me laugh and Sierra ask if her grandma (my mom) was as funny. Sad she never knew my mom or my husband, her grandpa. They both died when she was barely crawling within 6 months of each other. I called down the stairs for Jon the other day and called him his dad's name. Where did that come from after 20 years? Bug guy is gone. i hate handling those things because these guys are such talkers. Must be all that bug spray they inhale? So I think all the problems and chores are finished for the day and I will take Andrew out to eat. Two days in a row I have not had to cook. Cookie, that book made me think. It took me longer to read it because I had to keep stopping and digest. Well now i am off to sit and wonder when the bus will arrive. Going home today added 20 minutes to my trip just to go past the detours and travel out of my way. I may do much with my time but I hate being inconvenienced!

Comment

Working...
        X