Wed 3/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 3/22

Yesterday was a pretty good day....work went fast!! Then I spent the afternoon running around getting groceries and doing a bit of other shopping...last night was my social skill class...

Today will be work...then volunteering..They have a special band coming..I will be there an hour longer than normal...then I will come home and nap a little bit....then church tonight...

Good SUNNY Morning! There is snow falling very slowly. Yesterday turned into a sunny day, so I was happy happy.

Yesterday I FINALLY got all the paperwork prepared for my tax appt tomorrow. Then I worked on cleaning & freezing 40 green peppers...halved them & cleaned them out. We are going to make stuffed peppers for the homeless shelter next month & Aldi's had their peppers on sale for 2/$.69. Cooked a real dinner and we actually all ate together. Since Cork hasn't been feeling good, he hasn't been eating & going straight to bed after he gets home from work.

Kathy got a letter from PENN DOT a month ago stating her license was going to be suspended if she didn't get this paperwork for a physical filled out & returned. She tried calling the # and said it didn't work. She figured it was a scam then. Well Saturday she got another letter that said her license was going to be suspended on 4/19 if she didn't get it done. Told her to talk to the State Police and see what this was all about. Someone anonymously reported her driving under the influence of drugs, so she has to prove she's not a drug user. She's a lot of things, but that's not one of them. She's had 2 drug tests in the past few months for jobs and comes back clean. She had had a fight with a friend (now ex) and this happened 2 days later. Hmmmmm. She knows how to pick them!

This morning I have to bake the pie for the doctor's office and get it delivered. I then have to get some baked goods ready for the bake sale at Open House tonight & tomorrow. I'm helping tonight and then tomorrow night is Blaise's grade's OH.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope there is a place for Kathy to comment the suspicious timing of her break up and this report!
      And, of course, I hope she gets it straightened out fast!

Good morning everyone.

Man...I thought there were a lot of early birds this morning. But then I realized I was reading yesterday's post. Oh the fun of getting up groggy.

​Today is a trip to Vincennes for a Doc. appt., then back again tomorrow for tests. Makes Doctors and hospitals stay in business I guess.

​Finally got my trip confirmed for Branson the last of April for my time share. This morning it's time to get my flight figured out for Orlando the last of June. The Orlando trip is a family vacation.

​Sharon, I sure hope that blood clot is gone, and you can get that BIG heart of yours in "tune". I think you'd enjoy that vacation more.

Good luck on those taxes, Cookie.

Everyone else have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning

for me, its almost afternoon..... SOMEONE in this house gets up at 5am and makes a lot of noise!... so I tried to stay abed but gave up...
      coffeed. and then read for an hour or so
      ... finally getting the procedure for getting books on the Kindle Fire down... one of my Emedia places gives me direct access .. the other one. I have to work though the computer and then "stream" it to the Kindle.. .. Considering my age and limited computer skills. ( and how easy I forget stuff)... this was amazing. the Kindle fire has one major Flaw.... I can borrow books from the E libraries.. BUT cannot return or get rid of them until they expire.. 14 days. they say it is their (kindle) computer glitch.. a technical problem.. so.. if I am in a hurry to read something , I get it at the real library.

JOstoy is going be on the road again!.. yea... better that than working your butt off!.
      Donna ,though of you yesterday when the sun came out
      Bethina, you are now our early bird.
      SassyGirl, where are you?...

and hi to all. .I will be back later today..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye,Here i am..This darn bug it is hard to shake..Drippy nose....

It is bright and sunny here but everyday since that beautiful 86* Monday has gotten colder. Furnace on this morning! I just plain and simple have nothing to write. Sierra talked with her advisor yesterday and was told this new area she wants to go into is 5 semesters. She will have an associates in May that goes nowhere so in 5 semesters where will she be? She could have had a bachelors degree instead of two associates...think girl..think!! I wish she had been more prepared for the big girls world but she wasn't and I guess the fact that she is still going to school is a good thing and maybe that maturity bug will hit her. Yikes, Cookie, that was a serious joke to be played on someone. Does Kathy have to pay for a drug test now? Branson and Orlando...must be nice to travel the summer away Jostoy. When will you have time to visit that lake front property you worked so hard on last summer? Beth you do stay busy...me? not so much. Caught up laundry after grocery shopping yesterday so today may be a day of rest. I am hungry for scrambled eggs with salsa and sour cream so that may be supper tonight. Fried potatoes and think there is sausage for the boys. Blues won last night...it isn't the guy who has been in the lead all season but the team that is coming in hot that has the best chance of moving on and the Blues are hot! Well, it appears I did have something to say after all. Have a great Wednesday all.

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        No, because this was all done anonymously. It's like the girl crying rape because the teacher gave her a D. People just don't think about the long term consequences of how they could screw up someone else's life just because they were mad and wanted to get back at someone.

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie, you better believe I will find time to be at the Lake. It might only be for 3-4 days a month, but I will be there to do some fishing this year.

I go to Fort Wayne the 3rd of April, so won't have the power turned on until after that.

Good morning,
      Again my coughing woke me several times during the night. But I woke at 6:30 our time, and made a quick breakfast. An Eggo with cherry preserves, and I'm actually drinking coffee this morning. Not sure if this is a cold, or allergies. No fever. I know I had a bit of sinus infection, and that I'm doomed to have post-nasal drip, so if I'm not blowing my nose I'm coughing up phlegm. The coughing grates on my throat, though.
      E cancelled the hotel reservations, and I let the kids know I won't be at the baby shower. E bought a new-baby-boy card and we are sending a check as a gift. Turns out the baby is due in 4-5 weeks, and this is the very first I've heard of it.
      Well, not going saves us several hundred dollars (hotel, meals, gas, etc.), since we'd have stayed the weekend to see everyone's family. Hotel prices are really high this month.
      I'll need to call for a haircut appointment, for next week I guess.

I need to decide where to begin my cleaning up here, and stick to one room at a time.
      We will have lots of stuff to get rid of before we're done here. E is looking into retirement homes, senior living apartments. It all seems pretty expensive to me. Especially since we own this house already. So he's checking out our normal bills and expenditures and match the sum to the cost of living at the senior apartments. See what we come up with. It'll be a year, at least, to be ready to go. What I dread is seeking out new doctors. The Mayo hospital in Phx has a new policy, the people (patients) with health coverage get priority care over Medicare and others. That is scary, isnt its?!!!
      Oh well. We'll see how all this will work out in time.

Nothing much new. Forgive me if I don't comment to everyone individually. I feel worn down with all my coughing.
      Sassy, you feeling okay?
      Nalani, we haven't heard from you in ages.... Hope this finds you well and keeping busy. What keeps you busy there?

Have a great day. ☀️
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        That doesn't seem fair or even legal about the Mayo people! I mean, all the years we paid for insurance before I got to this age and now have Medicare and Part D...or whatever.
        I know E thinks of all the pros and cons, but I hope you talk to actual residents and visit a lot before moving.
        Just having paid my property taxes, though, I am thinking it would be a positive move!
        The more social activities offered, the better....ok, I'll stop now. ❤

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        joGee,I feel little fair....It is hard to get rid of this bug...The drippy nose..
        What cute pic..That is me in the morning...lol..
        You too..It is hard to get rid of that darn coughing..
        I hope you feel better..

Getting a later start. 5 of 6 kids are here. Rainy, windy day.
      Friends picked up my new treadmill in its huge box, now I have to find someone to take away the old one. Then assemble and hook up the new one. I should have joined the gym! But I paid about a year and didn't go before stopping my membership. When Gary was alive I went a lot, but after he passed away I pretty much stopped all outside activities and then just started using my treadmill at home.
      Donna, I know how relieved I felt getting all that tax prep,done.
      I hope you all get whatever you need done...I know I hate the pressure of a hurried schedule!
      You are my sunshine, so even on this rainy day it's all 😊

Comment

Paula, thats everything E is looking into. Some places you are paying higher "prestige" prices, for area or the name. And there are more affordable places, still in nice and decent areas. He is making lists, and then we'll spend a week or two to check them all out, and make a decision.
        No, the Mayo hospital doesn't sound fair. But since they've been hiring top doctors from other hospital, offering them higher wages, they're in it for the money now. Health care is already too expensive. And before we leave here, I shall talk to all my doctors about that and see who they recommend in that area. I mean that it really bothers me to see a doctor cringe when they look at my records, rather than take it as a new opportunity in the health field. A doctor who can calmly comment "wow, you've been through medical hell .... but let's watch this and see what can be done" shows more promise for good care than those who cringe and wish I'd vanish. I wish you could see the differences in their faces.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

I am late again..LOL..
          I got up early and shopping..There was alot of people shopping that early..
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X