Tuesday March 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday March 14th

Good Morning. The big snow they were predicting didn't materialize at all.

Well yesterday ended up in the toilet. Met Sue, exchanged with each other, and then picked up Blaise's little friend. About 45 minutes after we got home, the flu hit me. I eventually called his Mom and she left work to get him. I felt so bad....physically & emotionally. I was down for the count until about 7pm. I did eat but my head was pounding & I was achy all over. Didn't sleep well at all, but that was probably because I slept most of the day.

Still not feeling 100% today, so I don't know what I'll get done. Maybe nothing.

Have a good one all!

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

cookieLady,i am so sorry..that you got the flu..i hope you feel better..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning

try to come here on my Kindle fire... which connects directly to wi-fi... however was so awkward.. I gave up.

Sassygirl... if your going to own a cat... you gotta learn cat language!.. our K.D. can make us understand what she wants. and she also knows one word commands from us.. scary.huh?.

Donna, ah.. not fair... Mommys and Grandmothers aren't supposed to get sick.. will call you in a bit.

I got the scam Phone call last evening . the one where they ask , is this ,use your name,, ? and you answer Yes.. the phone goes dead.. aggggg... worried about it . but called state police number this morning to report .it... Sweet young lady said.. no worry... they cannot do anything to you. relief..... but Im still going to call my bank.. to be on alert. felt stupid because I knew about that scam..

our big snow has not arrived. think it might miss us again ... another relief..

now to find something to cook today.. see you later one and all..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye,I do.!!They let me know all the time..If there food and water low..She did...lol..

Good morning one and all.

​Got my front room changed around yesterday morning. Then the afternoon was cooking time. I cooked up 22 chicken breast in various ways...8 grilled, 8 skillet fried, and 6 made into chicken tenders. Left a few out to eat, and then froze the rest. Also made a big dish of mashed potatoes, and then made some gravy from the skillet fried grease. I have both canned and frozen veggies to fix to make a meal complete. In case you're wondering, I had to fry/grill up a whole 3 lb. bag as the breasts were all frozen together. All I can say is....the grilled ones were really tasty for supper last night.

Today will be a bit of running around this morning. This afternoon I've got to get my portfolio changed over from Raymond James to Edward Jones. I think I have all the paper work now as to where all the money was switched to. Still have to add everything up to see how much this switch cost me.

That's all folks for today. Have a good one.

Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning.

Oh Donna, I hope this passes quickly and that nobody else is affected.

sassy, I know all about "meow.' I have to follow orders from King. LOL

Hi Janet! We are having roast today. Got a great bargain. 1/1Cent. Love that.

John's hand is improving! Yay! Augmentin is the druge they gave him.

Better scoot. Gotta get out to the woodpile. We've run out in the garage.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ladybug...Me too...LOL...They give my dirty look..And give me that "LOOK"

I thought I had a bad day yesterday cookie but you beat me. Ick! After I checked in here yesterday I went in to shower and the water was off. Quick phone call tells me the water is off for the construction and will be back in a few hours then a 4 day boil order. No warning, no hey, you want might to fill a bucket to flush or anything..just shut off the water. So I think ok fine, I'll go in and crawl back in bed but the cable is out...what?! I have other means of entertainment so come back in to the computer and the internet is out now! Do you know how lost you are when you have nothing? I ended up finishing all the ironing and looking for more to do. Called my sister and we decided modern tech. and running water has ruined us and we like it that way!! Jon's meeting with Drew's teachers was short and sweet. They had already decided to retest him and evidently were in the process of communicating with his mother. She is a good mother in some respects but doesn't want to be bothered with things that will take from her 'ME' time. That is why we do homework every night and make teachers meetings. She will not take off work for anything and Jon cannot because of this job situation so if the meeting cannot be arranged around his days off they will allow the grandmother to go. It ain't like I am a stranger to the situation. I will gladly go to a meeting if it helps Andrew. Things should be going quickly since it is already in motion. My lovely granddaughter is being so nice to me I am wondering if she knows something about my health that I don't. Or maybe she has finally grown up? When Jon came in from the meeting last night Andrew ask if we could go to Steak and Shake for a milkshake. Well, you weigh it....steak and shake or hamburger helper? No use of brain power there so we piled in the car to eat. Stopped at big lots and I bought a huge pot for the palm tree I am going to buy for the front porch. I have it all envisioned...painted white with a stained deck, white rockers and my palm tree. Of course it is snowing this morning and temps in the 20s so that is a picture in my mind only. Today I have to exchange two of the 4 shirts I picked up for Drew on Saturday. His dad took him home last night and ask for the store list but came home with nothing because he wasn't sure of anything but the milk and butter. A big list and he brings in milk and butter. I will be stopping for groceries after exchanging these shirts and they will be getting that darn hamburger helper tonight. I brought him up so guess I have no one to blame but myself. When they say it is a man thing it truly is! Think I will get another cup of coffee and watch it snow for hopefully the last time. We got about 2" yesterday so that should bring our winter total to about 3"...haven't brought out the shovel this season. It is not much but you can see the flakes and if it is the last time I can appreciate it today. Cookie, hope your flu doesn't last long...take care!

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          Well at least you had telephone. Good time to cross your legs & read.

Good morning.
        Looks like we'll have 90° weather for about a week, then it'll drop to the 70's.
        My sinus' are having a party today. I don't need this! The weather says no local pollens, but flu is widespread. Hope it won't hit here. I slept well last night, but am still sleepy. Might go get a catnap before E wakens.

Cookie, my sympathies to you. Hope your flu is a short duration.
        Elaine, how's John doing?

Had my port flushed yesterday. The itching is gone for another while.

So not much is going on here. Will try to get a couple of chores done today.
        Have a good day, all. ☀️️

Looks like a bunch of you posted while I was typing.
        Am so glad to hear that John is doing better, Elaine.
        Maxie, is there a dark cloud over your house? - what a day you've had!
        Last edited by JoGee; 03-14-2017, 09:11 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning..checking in on my phone while on break.yesterday was decent. Mom and arrived at bed time last night. They will spend the day working at my sister's.

I will volunteer after work. Then fix supper for everyone...my bro law will pick me and the food up

Comment

Full house here. Half came in sleepy...time change caught up with them.
            Donna, so sorry you got sick. But happy the big storm is missing you. Tv news is showing lots of snow in places and cancelled flights.
            We order d Chinese food last night. I had egg foo young with shrimp and Becky had broccoli chicken.
            Our treadmill is making the same sounds it was before and if I can find a way ( person) to get it hauled away, I think I just need a new one.
            Maxie, that no water and no Internet would do in most people.
            Jostoy, great cooking day for you! I love fried chicken.
            Please take care and stay well!

Comment

Working...
            X