Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ 2/28 ~ Last Day of February

Good Morning!

Weather is warming back up again after freezing temps on Sunday. ??? Drizzly rain yesterday. No sunshine.

John's numbers are holding. His platelets doubled. Everything still low but managable.

Staying home today. Laundry and other odds and ends.

We have pork, catfish, and 2 kinds of beef to choose from for lunch. Have to freeze what we don't choose.

Well, nothing newsy. Have a good day, Everyone.

BTW: I peeled, cubed and roasted a Butternut Squash the other day, and I have to say = it was awesome!

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..We have little sunshine this morning...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Morning from my bed. I feel like I've been run over. So glad I don't have the flu. I do have a uti. I will b fine.

Later today I plan on making banana bread from a mix. I also want do a load of laundry.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. Back to real life. Got the laundry caught up and put away. Made a King cake for the first time. It looked nice even though the two ends didn't stay together. Sue was to pick it up this morning, but since it was done before she left work, she picked it up on her way home. Mixed up 3 kinds of cookie dough that had to be chilled over night. Cooked a real dinner for everyone.

Remember me mentioning at 5am yesterday there was an accident at the cross roads at the corner of our property. Well last night at 5:30pm there was another accident. Oh my. It didn't look like anyone got injured though.

Sue was suppose to come this morning, but yesterday she ask if she could come this afternoon, which was fine. So instead I'm going to head to Aldi's this morning and pick up a few supplies. Then it home & start baking off all that cookie dough. She's coming to help me bake off a double batch of ladylocks. I'm going to freeze the shells empty for now. Blaise has BB practice tonight. Next week is his last practice.

I vote for the pork Elaine. We love butternut squash here.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning ... glory of glory.... I slept the entire night from11 to 7... without interruptions.. no tv. no cat. no bathroom. yea ... I had taken 3 ibuprofen ... helps keep the muscle spasm from attacking my ankles... ..should feel good all day.

good news about John ,Elaine.. I would choose roast beef..

Bethina, beds a good place to be if you are fighting "something"....hope you feel better later today.

SassyGirl... a football fan kitty.... mine prefers Food commercials..

I got notified some books for me have arrived at library.. so another trip over there today... I will then have 6 books here. and promise not to order more. until those are all back . thank heavens they can be renewed on line,, ..once I get this series finished... I will stop and check the unread books I have here of my own... then read them or give them away... I am in a mood to discard.. clean out .. shred.. all paper, programs and STUFF...... amazing how much stuff we accumulate!.

Hi Sharon , how are you.
          Paula. whats happen?.

Hi Barbca. Punkin, Nalani, Judy, Justy, JoS.. JoG.. Arm, Kellie, Kim. Pat. Deb. Darla.. Connie.. and so many more... you are loved , you are missed..

ps. If I missed YOUR name ,forgive me.. my head ain't what it used to be
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            MayeThat is for sure..lol..Mine like the funnys(Garfield)..

Feel asleep with a thunderstorm last night...almost like an old memory since we have had very little weather around here. Going to make up for it tonight with severe weather moving in after dark. Oh well, if cable goes out I won;t have to watch that man in the white house make a speech....but I will also miss a hockey game. Plus it is NCIS night. Excitement last night in the neighborhood. Jon and ANdrew were on the patio and watched a guy being dropped off. Jon says he was either very drunk or very high and he watched him stagger around and then another neighbor came out and said he saw it too. Police were called but by the time they got here the guy was gone. We are surrounded by woods so he could have gone anywhere. Police looked around and were going to check the end of some of the paths through the woods. Have no idea of the outcome and that is worrisome. Not for me but for the poor high guy. Sierra called yesterday and we talked for 2 hours. She is miserable living with mommy dearest but what did she expect. These were her decisions and if she thought mommy dearest was going to change she was sadly mistaken. She changed schools and now is in midterms and stuck for 3 more months living in a place she despises. I now that when mommy dearest lived in a place she hated she got pregnant so she could live in a place she liked better with people who were more generous and loving and supportive than her own parents....and that is how we inherited the mommy! She has to stick it out now until May then she had better get a backbone and make a break with mommy dearest. I know Sierra is miserable and now I am miserable and after I shared that with Jon her father is miserable. I swear I need a case of voodoo dolls....and mommy's boyfriend would get a pin up his backside too!! It is SIerra's fault that he is depressed...boohoo. If I had a steamroller he would just be plain old pressed! What a jerk. So I called my sister and we talked for another hour. But Drew came in all happy last night and pulled his I am not hungry bit. Jon (finally he caught on) called him to the table to sit and the kid ate 3 pulled pork sandwichs and 2 ears of corn! Not bad for not being hungry. Then he had an evening with the cops so the kid was in hog heaven. I have laundry to do but did run the vac yesterday, finally. Want to get back to my book and finish it up but it is slow reading since I need to think and digest some things. I will need something light hearted after this and I saw a brand new Stephanie Plum book out so that is always a fun read. Enjoy your day and hope we are all out of the path of the severe storms tonight.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Have been missing for a week. I helped burn a large brush pile last Monday. For some reason, which I believe was due to my meds, I started "stumbling" backwards, and slammed into a tree that wouldn't cushion my fall. I was actually headed head-first, so I put out my left arm and twisted my body so that I would hit on my backside. Well my right ribcage and shoulder blade, if I had one, hit the tree. I immediately heard 3 loud pops. I got up started working again to push some of the brush into the middle of the fire.

I later fell again, only this time it was on the ground. I hadn't told E. about the first fall, and didn't intend to tell her. Well she came running over to me, but I told her I just wanted to lay there for a bit. When I got my breath and the pain had subsided, I got up, but boy it was a little painful.

​I kept thinking that the pain would go away, but after not sleeping well for 4 nights, I finally called my Doctor to get some x-rays. It turns out that I broke 1 rib and popped my clavical at the sternum. I didn't know that we had a joint at the clavical and sternum. But I'm here to tell you that it can be very painful. The rib is #4 which lays underneath your shoulder blade. Maybe if I had a shoulder blade on the right, I wouldn't have a broken rib.

​Anyway, after a week of "taking it easy", I'm starting to sleep better at night and can get up out of a chair without hurting a lot. It could have been a whole lot worst if I'd stumbled forwards into the fire. So I feel like the Lord was watching over me. We are blessed every day, but I'm so thankful for that blessing.

​Now that I've wined to you all about my "accident, I'll just say....have a great day.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, my goodness, that is awful! I am sure you have some bruises and sore spots you never knew about.
              Hope you are able to feel better soon.

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh my! That is so painful...glad you are on the mend and take care of yourself. You do more in a day than most do in a month...time to slow down maybe?

Good sunny cold morning!
            Instead of the news this morning I put on American Ride, a history program that is all about the Civil War. It's pretty emotional and a good thing kids are late this morning.
            I keep blessing nking away tears and remembering all the trips our family took to so many of the battlefields and monuments.
            Two kids are staying home today due to illness, one is late because of a doctor appointment and that gives me time to relax a bit with you all.
            I got back on the treadmill today after a lot no break. I have to get back into the habit. When we go visit Spencer we will be walking a lot around Washington and the different sites.
            Last evening when I went to the gas station, instead of smellling fumes the air was so sweet with almond blossoms. Not a tree in sight, and no wind, just the great scent of those trees. I wish I could send you all a whiff of Spring is Coming, as I think of it.
            Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning.
              It's currently 58° here and overcast, only going to a high of 63° today. Rain possible. Good day for soup. We both have runny noses and I get to coughing now and then. Yes spring is coming, Paula. Not that we have sweet-blooming-blossoms around. Here, it's blowing dust warnings. The big dust problems (haboobs) are between Casa Grande and Phoenix. Hope we never get caught in one.
              Today we may be going to have dinner out at a Polidh restaurant. Yum!
              Next event here is our youngest great-granddaughter's 1st birthday luncheon this coming weekend. I have a quilted wall-hanging/baby-quilt to give her, handmade by my BFF of 61 years. The design is a Mary Cecile Barker apple tree fairy. I might add a book or two as well. Hope they like it. Maybe I should add a fairy figurine to that.

Joystoy, I'm so glad you weren't hurt worse. I hope you talked to the doc about your meds and balance. That light-headedness can get to be pretty serious. Do you have a follow-up checkup scheduled?
              Thanks for posting about Justy. She has been missed.

Maxie, keep us informed about the mystery of that staggering man! I hope he's okay.
              I hope Sierra can deal with her choice til school's out.
              Drew is a growing boy....and growing boys can eat a ton and then ask for snacks! 😏

Maye, happy reading. I have to clear away "stuff" too. I've been over-blessed with it.

Cookie, I hope there'll be no more accidents there! Happy baking.

Elaine, I love butternut and acorn squashes so much! E simply doesn't care for any squash for the principle of it, I think.

Hi Beth & sassy.....and all you lurkers. 😉

Hope you all have a wonderful day. ☀️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
                jostoy commented
                Editing a comment
                JoG, it isn't light-headedness. I have to take these meds for life. I really need to have an increase in one or the other actually. As to a follow up, I don't run to the Dr. for things and he knows that. He said it would take about 4 weeks to heal, and if I needed him, to call. It had been a year since I'd seen him for an introduction.
            Working...
            X