Wednesday Feb. 22 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Feb. 22 2017

Good morning all....Just got off the phone with my mother....My dad told me last night that my granny is moving again this weekend...atleast its the same building this time. This like the 6th or 7th time she has moved in the last 10 years....This time she doesn't have a good reason at all...and I am just a little annoyed with her....she is moving because she wants a better view out her one window....I offered to cancel everything I have planned for my weekend in order to go and help but mom doesn't need/want more help than what she already has. I am very ok with that...and knowing that I offered. I am not speaking to my granny for a few weeks...IF I don't have anything nice to say to granny I don't call...I am not going to cause more problems for my mother by saying bad stuff to my granny. Some times/ Most of the time I just plain don't understand that woman.

Work yesterday was stressful for everyone making everyone in a bit of a bad mood...we all were behind all day...oh well.

Today after work I think that I will get something to eat at Bread Company then come on home but I can only do that if there are 4 buses...so I will find out after work.

Tonight I have church....its my Bible Study groups turn to be in the nursery...They always put me in with the bitty babies and I am fine with that...I don't want to have to be in a group with an older group.
    Last edited by bethina; 02-22-2017, 07:41 AM.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

It is one wet day..Our cough it is gone...Finally..We did home remedies...They work the best...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning! It's looking like a dreary one out there this morning. Got spoiled with a few days of sunshine in a row.

Yesterday was great. Tidied up first then started making a mess again. My friend Lori is up from SC for the week and she's done my hair for 30 years. So she was coming for lunch, hair, and a visit with me. Of course I loaded her up with cookies as my thank you for my new perm. I hate flat hair. We had a very nice visit. Blaise had BB practice last night, so while sitting there, I chatted with another grandma that brought her grandson. Made the hour go fast for both of us. She had never done it before.

First thing in the morning yesterday I had a friend from church stop on her way to work and pick up a plate of cookies for her office crew. My way of advertising. Later in the morning she called to see if I make King Cake, which I never have. Search for some recipes at Allrecipes.com and told her I could do it, so next Tues morning she's stopping on her way to work to pick up the cake. Now I need to go to Mary's Cakes today and get the baby & some purple sanding sugar....I have the green & yellow already.

Then before Lori left yesterday, the other new customer stopped by for her sample plate of cookies. Later she texted me asking if I could make her 3 doz team shirt sugar cookies for Friday along with a Samoa pie. So while at Mary's, I have to get a new cookie cutter. So I've got my work cut out for me today.

This morning I'm going to mix up the cookie dough and chill it part way in the freezer & then when I leave to deliver the doctor's office weekly pie, I'll chill the dough in the refrig. While out I'll stop at Aldi's & Mary's. Yesterday I simmered a big pot of beef & bones to make vegetable soup today, so I'll start assembling that when I get home, then start on baking sugar cookies. Lori is stopping by to cut Blaise's hair after she's done with her MIL's hair. Her MIL just lives up the road from me, so it's not out of her way. I'm so blessed! I didn't ask, she just volunteered. What a good friend. May send her home with some soup IF I remember to separate some before I put cabbage in. She HATES cabbage. Me, I put almost a whole head in my soup.

Bethina...that's a good rule of thumb, but a learned very early on that a loved one can die suddenly and sometimes you just need to call & say hi.

Have a good one all!

Oops....we missed the bus. Had to take him to school. That wasted 20 minutes. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
      Last edited by cookielady; 02-22-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        CookieLady,Things happens..

Wow is it foggy. I think it is getting foggier as the morning progresses! Great cuz today is lunch with the school chums. I don't think I have been since before Thanksgiving so time to catch up. I just dread these lunches but it is at a Chinese Buffet so will make the sacrafice. The fog bothers me because it is over an hours drive away and around here most every destination means at least some back road driving. Have a pork roast in the crock so supper is covered for the boys if I run late. There is absolutely nothing going on around here. Talked with Sierrra several times yesterday and she is getting another cold...that girl has one a month! Told her to start allergy meds and see if it didn;t ward off something...anything! I also think she is not eating properly or as often as she needs and not getting enough rest. Andrew and hs dad did some trimming last night and started a fire...wish I would have had some marshmallows...lots more trimming to do. I think we are starting to early in the season but this warm weather is such a tease! I had stopped by the nursery last fall to get the name of the border plant I wanted and they wrote it down on their card and guess what? Why do I do those things? I cleaned the bulliten board and who knows what I was thinking. We need to decide on a color for the new front porch also. I am thinking white with a dark deck but Jon is not sure white goes with his house design and now he has me second guessing. I can see the porch painted but cannot visualize it attached to the house if that makes any sense. Need to decide soon. Guess I will go check the weather and hope to fog is going to lift soon. Suppose to be in the 70s again today! Happy Wednesday to all...

Comment

Good morning

been lounging around in nightware... must get dressed and get on the road... shopping day.. nice weather.. so will gather in more groceries and goodies. Just in case winter comes roaring back at us.

been reading a lot ,, both library and kindle.. but need some fresh air.

love that kitty picture SassyGirl . really funny!.

Bethina, good advise from Donna,,, don't stay mad at Granny... the days grow very short at this stage of "old" age.. and you are a kind kind young lady...love her while you can..

Hi to all who come later...I will be back to read!

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye,It is one my favorite....Me too..

Good morning! The weather guy said Good Friday morning...then Oops! It is 50* out and cloudy. Our 7 day forecast shows scattered rain with a sun peeking through clouds. I am counting on that sun!
        Full house today, meaning both 1 year olds and two school kids. Trash is already picked up and I need to bring the can in.
        I got a text request to make dogbtreats for a fundraiser in May. Now I need to find a Pinterest page for a cute doggy bag to,package them. We have two recipes that all our dogs and my friend's two dogs love. They will be for sale so I want them to look good to the humans as well as yummy for the canines.
        Did I mention all the almond trees are blooming? Pretty and sweet scent when the wind blows the right direction.
        Have a good safe day, Friends!

Comment

Good morning
          Been up since 5 this morning. Turned our leftover beef & turkey (mixed) into shredded BBQ for today's lunch. Then got lost in reading.
          Nearly time to see if E is awake. And get dressed.

It was a cold 50° when the dun came up here (nights are in the 40's again. Today should reach 79° though.
          Last week my dwarf apple tree and my apple tree sapling had blossoms on them. The weekend's windy, rainy weather had changed that. The trees must be confused. The elm trees are totally naked, not a bud to be seen. The pistach tree has its leaves, red ones and green ones. Nice. Today I should put the new flowers in the outside pots, and bring in the poinsettias. I should have done that last month, but I guess I'm slowing down.

Just got an email invitation to a birthday luncheon ; our newest great-granddaughter turns 1 in just a couple of weeks.
          Having never yet seen her in person, I hope we can make it. Have to check my appointments. 💗😄💗

I feel like I'm behind in getting things done here. I'll just wish you all a good and happy day today, and get myself going. ☀️️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X