Thursday 11/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 11/29

Good morning...I am pretty sore this morning..in my legs...I worked an extra 2 hours at work...and then last night went with my family to Missouri Botanical Gardens to see their "C" light display...it was beautiful but a ton of walking and I would say we had to park a good 1.5 miles away...Lots of people...work was bit rough felt like my bosses were riding my butt. I did make one stupid mistake and I had to fix it...that was fine I totally understood that...

Work this morning and I don't know what the plan for the rest of the day is. I am hoping mom will be available to bring me home..don't really want to ride the bus but will if I have too.

I am sure we will have dinner as a family tonight...what we will have I don't know...

My dad will have out patient surgery in the morning to have a melanoma cancer taken off his ear...

Good Morning.

Nothing much going on here. Chemo shot yesterday made John upchuck again. Funny. Right after that is over, he is OK.

Had another family member born in Houston yesterday. This makes 6 grandsons for my niece Nancy and 6 great nephews for me! Yay!

Guess it's strange to others to be an only child like me without children. Never been to a birth and really never held a baby.

Guess I had better get going. Have to leave again for another chemo shot.

Hope you each have a good day.

Comment

Good Morning! There is a dusting of snow out there this morning.

Yesterday was productive in a way. After getting Becca fed & out the door towards home, I created a list of everyone and their order. Then created a list of all their names & address after addressing envelopes. I also created a thank you letter to them all. Then I pooped out and took a long afternoon nap. Did cook dinner.

Not 100% sure what today will bring. Think I'll make the pot of cheesy potato soup that I'm going to take to the doctor's office tomorrow for lunch. We decided they needed a break from sweets and they'll get soup and homemade bread instead this week. Comfort food. Blaise & I are going into town for lunch and a quick Aldi's stop. Need to stop at the library to pick up the books that came in for Blaise that we had reserved. May undress the tree that was up only 48 hrs before falling. Next week Mom & I are going shopping one day & I think I'll look for an artificial tree then.

Elaine....I never experienced a birth of a child until one of my BF invited me into her last child's birth. Amazing. Then I was there for Blaise's birth too, and he baptized me with pee minutes after he was born. LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
        Elaine, I hope John does better with the chemo today. You can also ask the doctor about the pills that stop nausea and vomiting, if it gets worse.
        Beth, I hope your day at work is better today.

Today I think I'd like an excursion out somewhere. Anywhere. Will as E what he might like to do today.

Countdown to haircut: 2
        I have 3 months' hair growth to get into shape.
        Oh, gotta call from my hairdresser last evening, checking to see how I'm doing. Plus, she can move my appointment two hours earlier "if it eases up my day". Nice. However, I suspect she had a cancellation, more than this being for my benefit. But I'll take the earlier appointment gladly.

Anyone got New Years plans? We haven't "done" New Years in ages. But that's when I've got to put together some outfits to wear in MI. That includes buying a pair of closed shoes so my feet won't get frostbit. (Mostly I wear sandals for comfort.) E's brother's kids have finally set a Memorial date for their parents. I think it was more for my benefit, healing time. They wanted both E & his twin sister to be there, and E told them he wouldn't go without me. I will probably hear about it from his evil twin, she digs at me at any opportunity and I do my best to totally ignore her.
        While in MI we will also visit my brother and some other relatives. We'll see how it works out.

Well, I guess I'll get my day started.
        I hope you all have a very good one. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Elaine, give John my best... wasn't aware of his having to have chemo (of course, if I'd been around, I'd have known). Hope he has a better day.

Jo, I haven't even been awake to greet the new year for ages... I figure it's going to get here whether I'm watching or not

I haven't even turned on my computer the last 2 days... just didn't feel like it. Yesterday we left early in the morning to go to Salt Lake (almost 2 hour drive) so that Ralph could shovel his mother's driveway. They got a lot of snow, and she lives alone. His older brother went over and shoveled one path (the width of the shovel) so that they could get her garbage can to the street, but he is not in good health, so he couldn't do the entire driveway and walk. Ralph loaded the snowblower into the trunk of the car and he had her driveway, walk and back patio done in about 45 minutes. She treated us to Chinese take-out for lunch and then we headed home at about 2:30. One of these days, I'm going to drive up that way all by myself so that I can get some shopping done... I wanted to see if I could find a sweater or two because I didn't need them in Las Vegas, so I got rid of those I had before I moved there . Neither of the Walmart stores nearest me have any decent plus-sized clothing.

Jamie is finally working... he got a job over in Ephraim working on the Snow College expansion. He's working there, biding his time, waiting for the call to come in to go to work on the hospital expansion in St. George. This job is a non-union one... the St. George is union and pays half-again as much as what he's doing now. So glad to have him finally working; not so glad that he's once again living with me. Maybe one of these days Ralph and I will have our own life *sigh*.

Hope you all have a wonderful, warm day.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

What a night..We the rain middle of the night..Then my wake up call (cat)...

jgarcia,Did you try JcPenny,Dillards,Crack Barrel...They have nice clothes...For Plus- size..
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• jgarcia
              jgarcia commented
              Editing a comment
              I have not tried those, sassygirl. The problem is, I live in the middle of nowhere -- Gunnison, Utah -- and I have to travel 35 miles south to the "big" Walmart, 25 miles to the north to the smaller one. Salt Lake is a 2-hour drive. I could go to Orem, Provo or Spanish Fork, but those are all over an hour away, as well. Not used to having to travel more than 5 miles to any given store while living in Las Vegas... it's definitely a change for me. I actually never gave thought to Cracker Barrel, but again, more than an hour away

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              jgarcia,I know it is little far..that is far for shopping..I do not like to drive that far for shopping..I would try to go shopping online..Try that..
              That is far..Just try that...Have the store come to you..And you do not have leave your house..I want to wish you good luck...Sassy..

Today I am taking down the tree and all decorations...will leave the candles in the window for a while or until I get sick of them too. I did not put out much for Christmas this year so the take down should go fast. Someone ask what was going on New Year's Eve? I am going to my sister's and we are doing our family Christmas...thinking i will spend the weekend so to miss the revelers out and about. Everyone will be there but my son Jon who, of course, has to work and not only that is working a double on Friday and again on Sunday. Last night I made a meatloaf and it was such a change from the holiday fare we have been eating for a while. A normal meal was very enjoyable. No kids..Haven't even heard from Sierra since Saturday and Drew is going to work with his mother this week but I expect him in since the extra lego track that has been back ordered is suppose to be in today. He will be able to finish his little city with the track. Guess I need to start picking up the decorations while I have help to carry them down stairs. No cooking tonight but since Jon is still Christmas shopping for gifts for me to take Saturday may be I can get lunch from him. Sun is shining but I haven't stuck my arm out for a temp reading yet. I do not care how many sunny days we have the calendar ways winter and I am on countdown to Spring!!

Comment

It's a cloudy, rainy day today. I am going to lunch with friends and I dread having to go out in the downpour.

I had a fantastic time last night at my friend's house. The pot roast was fantastic and the video was awesome. It was all about the Shroud of Turin.

Prayers for your father's surgery and the complete removal of the cancer comma Bethina.

I need to get my hair done. I look like at the wild woman of Borneo. I don't know when I'll be able to drive to the salon so I just play it by ear. I wish I had a hairdresser that would come to the house.

I have no plans for New Year's acceptu be asleep. I need to find out what Mass I will be going to. MAYBE I will go to midnight mass. I don't even know if we have a midnight Mass on New Year's Eve. I hate being out on the road on New Year's Eve, but I would go to church if I have a ride.

I am a little bummed out. My lease expires in mid-april and I got a letter from the leasing office saying that Kama if I sign a new lease by 21 January 2017, my rent will be $813 a month if I wait and don't sign it by then my rent will be $990 a month. I think that is an unconscionable increase. And if the divorce ever go through I will be responsible for my rent. That's scary. I'm just not sure whether an almost $200 per month increase in rent is legal just because I don't sign a new lease two and a half months before my lease expires.

I hope everybody has a great day.
              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Beth, this will not let me comment to your pot. I had a melanoma removed 4 years ago from my arm and it left a big divot but have had no problems. They go deep and take a lot but it well worth the outcome! I will be thinking of you and your family but do not anticipate any problems. The tree is unadorned and the lights are out. Once it goes up it is never turned off until removal day. Now all I need is a strong son to take it apart and haul it down while I put everything back into boxes. Elaine my sister had chemo and tolerated it well also. She had very few down days either with sickness or depression. Thank goodness John is one of those lucky people. Jo, so glad you are healing nicely and understand the meaning of haircuts! You will be uplifted come Saturday. jgarcia we have poor shopping selections around here unless you are a bitsey teeny. My sister and I plan a big shopping day and take off for larger venues several times a year. Have you noticed that if it is big enough to fit you it is cut low? If they do not raise the necklines I will have to invest in a barrel of that crepe remover cream! Pat, did you have a nice Christmas? Hope it sunny and warm on your beach!! Cookie, do you ever stop? Guess the world needs movers and shakers but my shaker moved on a long time ago and I am not really out looking for any new. So now I am off for the morning bus since I could not comment I just wrote a novel in replies. And yes, punkin, that is a horrible increase. They (whoever) get us every way they can get away with. Sounds like it is getting windy out.. I am in here waiting for the heat to kick on to take a shower...unless it thinks I am not home again. No matter how big I grow I am always invisible to the thermostat.

Comment

• jgarcia
                  jgarcia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL, maxie -- barrel of crepe skin cream. If you find someplace that sells it bulk, I could use a 55-gallon drum and Ralph can hold me by my feet and dip me in it My problem is that for clothing, I absolutely hate things with glitter and sequins, don't like most of the stuff with printed stuff on the front... so even when I find stuff that fits, I have a hard time finding stuff that will work for me. I wish I had someone close by to travel with me to go shopping... I'm here alone, with just Ralph so if I go, I have to go by myself. And I most likely will once the weather clears enough that I feel comfortable driving 2 hours to shop.

Enjoyed reading all your posts. I am at the Seattle airport waiting to board my final flight to Sacramento and then make the 2 hour drive home.
                I am glad I will be off through Monday.
                Some of my decorations will come down. The tree and any Nativity or Santa but the rest are winter themed and will stay up for another month.
                Donna, any plans for Valentines cookie orders?
                Those Amish cookies are delicious!
                I am not a party person and prefer to be home with whatever family is around.
                Snack foods and a movie.
                Check in tomorrow sooner, promise!

Comment

good evening

I just lost my complete post.. and am much too weary of this day to start over...
                  Maxie.. totally agree. countdown to spring !..
                  SassyG.. love the kitty.. sooooooooooooooooo real.. my K.D.Kat does just that
                  Waving at you all.. see you later ...
                  still feeling tired, worn out.. and achy..
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                    sassygirl01 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maye,Thank-you..It look so real..Mine too..
                Working...
                X