Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ December 26

Good Morning!

How is everyone this fine day? Ready to start the recovery process? Beckie, I LOVE ❤️ White Texas Sheet Cake! Made lots of them.

You will not believe what a non -Christmas Christmas Day we had. A few text message and I think 4 phone calls is all. We had waffles for breakfast. I made bread for lunch but we were not hungry and so that is all we ate. John wanted scrambled eggs for supper and I had cold meatloaf.

I watched a bunch of movies I had never heard of but ended the day with "When Calls the Heart - Christmas," which was wonderful.

Hope you have a good Day!! Hugs to All. 💋💕
    Last edited by ladyebug; 12-26-2016, 06:24 AM.

Good morning, Elaine and others who follow.

Your un-Christmas Day was more Christmas-y than mine. I got a few text messages, no phone calls and didn't watch one Christmas thing on the television. No decorations, no tree... I did, however, break down and cook a prime rib roast for dinner and made the guys come up out of the man-cave and actually sit at the table to eat

We got about 6 inches of snow on Christmas Eve (on top of the 3-4 the day before), and while it snowed a little yesterday, it didn't stick. It's been a LOT of years since we've experienced a white Christmas!!

No plans for the day... as usual. Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..
      We are resting for the day..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Morning Rounders. Ladyebug we had a delicious Ham cooked in the crockpot with hot biscuits from the oven and fluffy mashed potatoes. That ham & biscuits melted in our mouths. We also had a huge shrimp cocktail. OMG that meal was so good. I had SF Cherry Pie w/ SF whipped topping for dessert, but we didn't have that until late evening.

I was out gathering Collard Greens at dusk. I cooked up enough for 2 meals on that Ham Bone. You talk about good eatin'. Today I'm going to cook some beans for the New Year and that with the greens and cornbread will be our NY meal.

Santa brought me some excellent Pruning Shears, Chocolate Candy, and multi Gift Cards. We give to each other throughout the year and so it's not a huge gifting affair, but 'C' is my fav holiday and I love, love, love to wrap pretty presents. I gave DH Gift Cards and Sudoku books. He loves Sudoku. I cannot get my head around those, but give me a crossword puzzle and I'm excited.

I will be by later to read all the posts for today. Sassy that is the cutest cat picture I've ever seen.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Happy day after Christmas everyone. I went to Mass on Christmas morning. I had pork chops and apple sauce for lunch. I watched Christmas movies, called my sister and a few friends. Had two text messages and one phone call. It was a non-descriptive Christmas. Kind of like any other day.

I must go to Walgreens to pick up my meds. It is cloudy and I hope I can drive. They also said it will be likely that we will have rain showers.

The pizza party that was planned for last Thursday night, but got cancelled because of illness, will be tonight.

I need to get up and have a.cup.of coffee. I have been awake for hours and am so tired.

It is hard to believe that, in less than a week, I will be struggling to remember I must write 2017 instead of 2016.

Enjoy the 364 days before it is Christmas once again. LOL
          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good Morning!

We had a very nice Christmas. We started the day off with church then home to open gifts & have a breakfast all together. My Mom & brother Ray came to watch and Kathy & Jimmy came too though a bit discombobulated. Of course Blaise got way too much, but he was one happy camper. I LOVES the PlayStation 3. Cork got me some jeans & a top. The top needs exchanged. He got me a medium and I haven't been a medium since HS. I made monkey bread, scrambled eggs, and bacon for breakfast. That held us all until dinner at Mom's later on. After Mom & Ray left, all the other adults took naps & I was busy in the kitchen getting ready for the evening meal. I did get a short nap in the afternoon. Aunt J came for a visit and we exchanged gifts.

Headed over to my Mom's and everyone was there. This is the first year my brother Tom's family didn't have a 2pm meal at my SIL Mom's house. They had their Christmas together the night before. They came hungry and earlier than usual. Nice! The Steelers were playing, so they recorded it and watched the rest of the game after all gifts were opened. While the guys watched the game, us ladies played cards. Came home & vegged out with Becca. It's nice having her home for a visit.

Today we are trying to get this house in order. Tomorrow we are having a gathering here for supper and games. We are going for Chinese for lunch and Lori is coming here at 2pm to cut our hair. She's my friend who has done my hair for over 30 yrs and she moved to SC back in October. We barter goodies for hair. I think dinner will be each for his own.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Yesterday was quiet here. I changed beds and washed up towels. Jon stayed in the cave and came up for food. We have (had) a lot of leftovers! We have the biggest of our holiday gatherings on New Years Eve this year. We normally always have a big Christmas Day but it did not work out this year. Too many holiday workers. It stormed last night and is so very warm this morning. In the 60s but temps are going to drop. I am trying not to watch the news so miss most of the weather reports and am relying on opening the door and sticking my arm out. Sometimes I think that is as scientific and correct as watching the paid weather guy! There should be a couple of pork steaks left for supper tonight. When it is just the son and I, I do not mess with a meal but need to clear out the leftovers. Not expecting any kids this week but you never know about Andrew...he left a pile of Christmas here that he may need to check on. I am trying to be a nicer person and really making an effort to think nice thoughts...the reason why I no longer watch and try to limit reading the news. But then I get a phone call last night from Sierra saying how mad she and her mother were that her dad called for some pass word while they were having their Christmas with the mommy dearest side and I get so angry. I think about all the holidays that woman ruined for us and then one phone call makes her/them angry? I hope a lot of these people make resolutions to be nicer people because their attitudes are messing with my resolution. Good thing I started it early to make sure this is the resolution I could keep before making it official on New Years. Sort of a test run resolution and other people are sabotaging my effort to be nice. Guess I'll go get dressed and start to do something like run the vacuum and see if I missed a cookie. My joy would be to find a bag of cookies I hide away and forgot about!!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                We had an un-Christmassy Day yesterday as well. We didn't exchange gifts. E did make reservations for a trip to MI in January for his brother & SIL's memorial service. We will visit other family as well.

Apparently our son tried to call us. I didn't like the tone of his wife's email. When I'm home, my cell phone is off (E seldom remembers to turn his on) ....they can call our home phone. They said they didn't have that number, inferring they never did. It was our first phone # when we moved here! So I gave them the #, but they never did call. Fine. I hate when all our phones go off at the same time ..... It happened once. The other thing with my cell phone, I never did set up the missed call thing. They can leave a text and save time, because I can't clearly hear the messages that are left, plus I don't get strings of telemarketer or political or charitable calls. It's bad enough when LV drug dealers start leaving messages and you have to get the phone company to block those calls. That was a scary time. So he put our home number back in his list.

We did get a call from our eldest DD, to complain that her nurse kids had to work, her son was off with his friends, the granddaughter (autistic) was with her other grandma for Christmas Day, the Russian/Jewish part of the family had a low-key holiday by themselves. The European Jews celebrate much differently than American Jews... there's just the traditional meal, no gifts. My GD and her spouse make the traditional breads by hand. Not sure how the lamb is actually cooked, but I can't tell what's all floating in the dish, other than the black hoofs and olive oil, which I decided to skip.
                So anyway, E told DD to get used to it. Guess how many of our kids call us! Normally ZERO (out of 8), if she hadn't gotten lonely. After the 1st hour on the phone with her, I passed the phone to E so I could get dinner made. He thanked her for the gifts she'd sent....small ones, but we don't need much. I got a pedicure tool, "as seen on TV", which might be useful. E gets men's colognes, which will end up ay Goodwill. I have yet another coloring book....sorry, but they are so boring! Plus there's goodies...standard tinned cookies, summer sausage & cheeses and crackers, and a bottle of sparkling juice.

So we had an overall quiet day of reading, and some TV shows. I will be glad to be out of my brace for a while today. Need to change the dressing and clean the surgical site.
                Looks like a clear, sunny day ahead....but it'll still be cold...in the 50-60's I guess, I didn't look today.

Guess I'll get some breakfast. I don't see how E sleeps so late, but we were up til about 11 last night, and he needs his 8-9 hrs of sleep.

Have a relaxing day.
                Countdown til haircut day for me: 5

OMG! I wrote a book!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am hoping to et my hair trimmed on Friday when I have a nail appointment if my stylist has time..kind of doubtful with the holiday.
                  Lesson learned: do not say you don't have time for a cut when it is a cut and color appointment!
                  I am way too old for this length of hair and the time it takes to not look like a Halloween witch!

Good morning...I still have not ventured past my bed room door. Giving my sis and her fam the space to get ready. They have Christmas today with brother in-laws side of family. I am totally enjoying it just being Cori and I.

I may color later

Comment

Sorry I am so late. I have been trying to pack my suitcase and get ready and keep changing my mind about what to wear and what to take. I decided to travel comfortably so I am wearing my Sketchers and not any kind of dressier shoes. Not knowing how long any wait might be I want to feel comfy enough to stroll around the airport or wait in line. I got a TSA precheck on my boarding pass when I checked in yesterday. I really luck out with those, getting them at least 50% or more of the time I travel. So no problem wearing lace up shoes.
                  We had a really good dinner of roast pork, garlic red skinned mashed potatoes, fruit salad and corn and rolls. Our breakfast was an overnight egg and sausage casserole and monkey bread that a friend had made for us and had ready on Saturday. OUr pecan pie and white Texas sheet cake was wonderful and now I have promised myself to not look up dessert recipes for a month!
                  Donna, your cookies were a big hit on both Coasts! The difference between the two families is huge when it comes to eating, but one thing all my kids were raised with was their dad's mealtime question: What's for dessert? The big difference between the two sons and their families is the one I am going to visit in WA will still have some cookies when I get there! And actually, the MD family may have a few left because my DIL said she hid them! they are having a big dinner today with some Japanese friends that Nikki has made.
                  Our backyard has ice on every surface that water was sitting in. The lightweight wheelbarrow had collected rainwater and when I put out a garbage can today I tried to move a stick that was in it and it is frozen solid! I have been putting sheets over the flower pots out front and so far, so good. Thanks, Maye!
                  I may not be able to check in for a few days. I am not taking my ipad and will see how well I can do this with my phone.
                  I am hoping to have my cute granddaughter Rylie help me with some tech stuff.
                  Please take care and have a good day!

Comment

Well,whatever is between me & DIL, son is leaving it alone. That's a first, but he's good with it. We had a nice little after-holiday chat, he & I.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X