X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ November 20

Good Morning.

38 degrees here. Brrrrr .....

Getting food ready for church. Made a cake yesterday in a bundt pan I had not used in forever, and although it made a beautiful cake, it took me FORever to clean the pan. However, I'm doing another this morning for church, so I know what I'll be doing when I get home - cleaning the pan again. LOL

Nothing newsworthy here. Wonderful to hear from Darla.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs ~ ~ ~

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

That is cold...BRR..We are staying home from church...It is in the 20's..

One my kitty found his voice this morning..It was loud..Too early in the morning...
    I need anothe cup of coffee this morning....
    Everyone stay warm..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning, Elaine and Sassy and all who follow. Up early because of bed early. Light rain off and on all day yesterday and expected again today. I thought it was cold here until Sassy said 20º. That's really cold and rarely ever gets that cold here. What we Californiacs call winter would be fall in most places.

Everyone have a marvelous Sunday.

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Sassy my kitty found her voice very early today!

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        BarbCA108,It could out side..and have ice on the car..It will arm up into the 30's
        And tomorrow morning will 19's
        Bethina..You too..Make me fell better too.The pair of Lungs...

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Love that: californiacs!

Good morning.
      That IS cold, Elaine. We have 66° (7am), and should hit 80° today. I still have the heat on, but at a low temp. Tomorrow we should get a good rain (please don't be lying, Weatherman) with a high of only 65°. Our winters don't measure up to those back east!

E came in the door just one minute before he said to expect him. I was so happy when he got home, and he was so happy to be home. He'd spent long hours in the hospital with his brother. It took a lot out of him. His brother is on the brink of passing, though.

I'd had a call from our niece, asking why I didn't contact some people about the situation. Well, "evil twin" would give me an earful for knowing before her, about E being there, about my calling......so now she can only berate me for not calling.
      As for nephew's brother and brother's ex-wife, when I don't hear from people, greeting cards are returned, they come off my contact list. Obviously they don't think we're worth updating, right?

I gave E a snack when he got home.....crackers with spreadable Asiago cheese ((Laughing Cow brand)), and a gingerbread cupcake with buttercream frosting and sprinkles, plus a beverage. Just what he needed to calm down.
      Today we might see a movie, or go somewhere. Depends how nice the day turns out. It's been awful windy here while he was gone. But Mother Nature just might calm down for a day.

Funny dream before I woke. I was choosing between a couple of kittens and a cute little chihuahua at an animal shelter. I wish I knew what I decided on. 😄

Sassy, cute pic...but it's really a serious problem for pilots! I've never seen a cat that was willing to wear a costume.

Guess I'll get dressed in a bit, do something with my hair. Get ready for today.
      Have a great day, everybody. 🤗
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning

Mike and Pam arrived from Colorado about 5pm yesterday.. ate supper. and the set down to talk.. catching up on family new...and it was cold and had snow lightly in the afternoon.. . just decided to get comfortable and go to bed early... snowed more overnight but not anything deep. hopefully roads will be bare by lunch time. we are going out to eat ..have meals planned for rest of the week ...do not have plans for the rest of day..

Sassygirl. we were setting around discussion airplane crashes and how tragic they are etc etc. until you stop to think how many people lose their lives in car accidents every single day.
        and you post a kitty picture about a plane.!... we must be thinking together these day.

its 30 degree, expected high 34... going to be a chilly day!...perfect for reading ,snoozing... however.. I have company...maybe we can all snooze at the same time?.

hi to you all. .be back this evening to read.....JoG.. Ellis is Home?.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye,It sure is.Almost everyday..
          That was not plan..Thank-you..I think we are..That was pure luck...lol..
          I thought it was cute pic too..
          Good day for chili...

Good morning I am up and functioning after a big breakfast and nap....the house is quiet...all the people have gone to my sisters to work at the house..the family in from Kansas City will head for home around noon...

Yesterday was a long day at my sisters new house...then my mom dad and I along with mom's favorite cousin went to Crackerbarrel for dinner....came home and crashed...I think that the last 2 night we all have been in bed before 9.

My poor kitty is scared from all the people in the house...she had me up around 4 trying to keep her quiet...she never did eat yesterday until late in last night when I shut in my room with her and her food...I am headed out the door to bible Study in a few minutes...will come home and clean up the kitchen from mom's breakfast mess..I volunteered to do it so they could get to my sisters quicker and get more work done.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bethina,I have one do not like people..The other one he loves the ladys..What a ham..Mine try to get me up around 5 am..They try..I have the food out for mine..They are eating me out house and home..They two eating machines....lol..

Good morning! It is in the 40's in the morning here and goes up to around 60 later...It was rainy pretty much all day yesterday, but I was inside most of it, or grocery shopping or at the church dinner so not much of a problem. I did realize that I donated my zip up jacket last year and haven't replaced it. I wore a sweater yesterday but need to find another light jacket. Coats are not usually needed and I end up donating any I buy.
        I had two things last night that were so good. the first was broccoli salad that I thought had garbonzo beans in it, but it turned out they were macadamia nuts! I put sunflower seeds in mine, but next time I make it I will use the macadamias. The other dish was a spinach, mushroom (tons!) and cheese. So good, but when I find the recipe I think I will add some roasted pine nuts for a little crunch. I think the cheese was fresh mozerella, but not sure. It was white and really well melted. The turkey I made was only 13.5 pounds to begin with and didn't look too big when it was finished cooking. but it was done and I got it to church easily. I was nervous about having to lift and carry a big heavy one.
        I have been putting together our Christmas program and I think I finally have all the different soloists and groups that will sing. Just the congregational Christmas hymns left to arrange and I can turn it in. This time of year the agenda fills up quickly and can overflow if I don't watch it. My brother and his wife and two of the three kids will be here Thursday....no pressure thee, right?
        I just have to keep my focus on the fun of seeing each other and not over stress about the food prep and transporting it (to their vacation rental house about 15 miles away).
        do I sound negative this morning? Sorry, I really am looking forward to them coming.
        Jo, I am happy E got home and your kids let you know they are available to you if needed. I am so sorry for E and all the family sad news right now. he probably needed to get back to you as much as you needed him to get back.
        Elaine, I have a couple of fancy bundt pans I have never used because as soon as I saw them I thought they will not be easy to get the cake out or clean after...Nordic ware Christmas tree one and castle the other...
        Have a good day, Friends and know that I care about you all!

Comment

Good Afternoon all! It's a cold & snowy one here. Have no plans on going back out into it today. BRRRRRR!!!!!!

Yesterday was good. Went to DG with my coupons & digital coupons from them and saved a ton of money. Then it was home, lunch, and a nice loooong nap. Got up and started icing more sugar cookies. Only 4 doz left to ice today. The customer that came & picked up pies yesterday said she got my card at some sale in Saxonburg at the white church. I have no idea how it got there, but people buy things and I don't know what they are doing with it most of the time. Had a nice quiet evening.

This morning was church & SS. Got up early and baked a D Apple pie for Sue's Thanksgiving dinner at her son's today. I told her to come to the church at 9:05...btw church & SS. She misunderstood what I said and was there around 8:30 and kept texting me that she was there. So I excused myself and went out and gave her her pie. She was so embarrassed. I was embarrassed cause my phn kept going off. Anyways, came home & took a power nap. Now to get the rest of the cookies iced and bag up the others. Maybe tomorrow I'll sort them into orders so I can forget about them. Since my SIL's family is having their Thkgvg meal today, we won't playing cards again this week. We'll make up for it this coming week. Only a couple more days until Becca comes home.

Glad E made it safe & sound. Didn't E make any phn calls when he was up there? Elaine....I let my Bundt pans soak in hot soapy water and the seem to clean right up.
          I was nice seeing you Darla!

​Have a good one all!!!!

Comment

Hi cookie,
            Yes, E called me once.....but mostly texted or emailed when he got a chance. He spent most of his time helping his brother (personal needs) or talking to him. He met his nephews families, and helped where other nieces & nephew needed. He was simply busy with family. With the death of his SIL after the first day, and preparing for his brother's hospice and coming end, his time was taken up. He spent one morning with my brother and his SO having a relaxing breakfast, but was called to his family right afterwards. When he got home, he conked out when his head touched his pillow.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone.

​Went to S.S. and Church this morning. Came home and had a bite to eat before heading out to pick up 4 yards of leaves. Since I will be leaving early Tuesday for a week, this was the last time I had to pick up leaves. I bet the city crew will wonder how I got all those leaves in my yard. The piles stretch all the way across my front yard. I think that they will fill their truck just from my yard.

Since I worked in the yards for 4 hours, I don't think I'm going to Church tonight. Going to stay home and relax a little.

Hope everyone had a nice day...cold or warm.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
              X