Wed....Nov 16th....Good Morning!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed....Nov 16th....Good Morning!!!!!

Good Morning! Will be back in a bit to post more.

OK....a few more minutes now. Yesterday was super busy even for me. Got a BD cake iced, 4 pies made, 16 pumpkin rolls made, 5 batches of cookie dough mixed up, volunteered at the Book Fair for an hour, and even cooked dinner. I did sit down and watch NCIS with Cork. It was all done slow but sure. The pumpkin rolls I had prepped almost everything the night before except for the eggs and pumpkin, so all I had to do was dump and mix. I tried something different this time since I had so many. After they were baked & I rolled the cake, I set them aside and then iced them all after I was done baking. I liked doing it that way. One kind of mess at a time. I think it was more efficient.

Today Sue it coming to work with me. I've got a cherry pie in the oven now for the Doctor's ofc order which I'll deliver after Sue leaves. Her & I will be working on those cookie doughs I mixed up. That's the plan for today. If I get all the cookies baked, I think tomorrow I'll start working on icing the sugar cookies. I'm getting close to my dozens goal of 300. Only 105 more to go. I will do more than 300 with Sue's help, but I think as of Dec 1st they'll only be able to order trays.

Back to work.....have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 11-16-2016, 07:57 AM.

Morning running late will come back on my break at to read

Comment

early good morning ... could have been here at 5am.... I may have to get a divorce from a husband and his CAT.....when them two sleep/nap.. I stay quiet as can be ..... but they do not return the favor!!!!! ......( kind of grumpy huh?.)

more wiping and swiping,swifering ,and sweepering today.. After company gets here Sat.. I don't plan on doing any housework but routine dishes and bathroom.

got into a sewing job yesterday.. Mark's friend at work, brought a black bag that is used to carry stuff like golf clubs. ,hockey stick, whatever,, his sons..with a broken zipper that goes around the flap at the top.. could he fix it?.. he brought it to me. I had a long metal zipper. , removed from something else many years ago.... I said yes.because the bag is this mans sons favorite. the boy is mentally slow.. and treasures this bag..... I ended up sewing the zipper right on top of the old one.. it worked!... not the neatest job I have ever done.... but it will work... ( nor the proper way to do it ..my Mother would be embarassed with me).... but it will serve the purpose.. the bag is well worn , and if having a zipper that works pleases his Son,
      then it was worth the 2 1/2 hr. and sewing on BLACK... it.. my good deed for this Month.. ( Donna, grease balls don't count , you pay me in carrot cake and cookies )

now better get to work... HI to all you sleeping folks ..see you later.. have a great Day.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.

​More of picking up leaves today. Got 2 yards done yesterday and will do 2 today. Russ will use his gas blower today, so that will help me out a lot. Yesterday I had to blow the leaves out of the "crevices" myself. That takes me longer to do the job, as usual, all "prep time" does take longer, but makes any job easier.

Everyone have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...
          Had trouble getting to sleep last night. E's gone til the weekend, and I heard every little noise from house and street.
          Didn't see the moon after sunset yesterday, so I guess the winds brought the cloud cover that hid everything but one bright star near the horizon. But I woke about midnight, and did see the moon (smaller and bright white) directly overhead. I gave myself a midnight pedicure, then went back to bed. Up at 6 on the dot this morning.

Political flyers are replaced by Thanksgiving and Christmas flyers and sale papers and catalogs..... and even Black Friday ads. There's no end to it, is there.

Donna, I can't believe how much baking you've accomplished. I'm gaining weight just reading about it.
          Maye, that cat sure has David trained! 😄 I am amazed that you managed to fix that bag for the boy! Good for you!

I have no idea what I'll do with my day. E left me the TV controls.....I guess I might play with them today, but I have no idea how to use them. He uses both controls, but I don't know what their purposes are. I have a single control just for muting, probably for volume as well, but not on or off. ???? Some days I hate technology. It comes so easily to E, but not at all to me. (Ha ha.... but as little as I actually use my iPhone, I CAN use it; he has trouble using his Droid phone! Ha ha. Now I feel better.). I think I have a bit of a childish streak there, but bottom line is that I probably won't be watching any TV.

So, I'll probably bake some stuff before he gets home. I think I need to clean stuff out of the fridge as well.

I hope you all have a very good day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning.

Nothing much going on here. Cooked pinto beans, enchiladas and Mexican rice. Then made backyard soup for supper, so easy day.

Road crew came and patched in front of our house yesterday and one of the men rang the doorbell and asked if he and his wife could pick up pecans. Absolutely! Help yourself! Glad someone wants them.
            John picks up in the yard and one place in the pasture and that is more than enough for us.

Well, think I'll bake something or other today.

Have a good one.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              How nice to share the pecans!

Today is the tea/book fair...have my directions and the time I will need to get there. Then I get a text reminding me today is the school chums lunch. Ha ha...I have an excuse for not attending. Last night the boys did some yard work and today I get to vacuum up what they tracked in. I am thinking this tea will be the only other thing I do today. Blues won last night finally and I went to bed right after the game then was up at 2:00. Dozed off around 4:00 but was up at 6:00 for the day. Maybe I'll squeeze a nap into my busy day. Sunny and warm the next two days then winter will be back. Trees are bare and it looks like winter.

Comment

Good morning!
              Yay! I am typing as the clock says 5:59...not sure why that makes me feel good, but it does.
              Jo, we have one remote that turns the tv on, then the DISH remote for the channels and volume and DVR. The remote with the name of the TV on it is the ON/OFF remote for me, if that helps you any...other than that, you might try watching some shows on your ipad if you have that set up. Believe me: I need my tv when I want it, and I am not tech savvy. My mother has been known to call my Florida brother for help with her remotes and phone, even though Becky and I are here.
              Jo, one more question: what did you post about making gingerbread cookies out of a mix? I made them whenever you said that, but it was long enough ago that I can't remember and not sure if/where I wrote it down...thanks.
              that handyman came about (ready?) naptime yesterday which meant I had non stop barking from the dogs. It was raining (our 63% chance came through, Barb, did yours?) so they had to be shut in a room and thye just kept themselves going. And something I thought would take a day, is still in the process but hopefully, today will be the end. I was thinking he is too much of a perfectionist but then remembered he also does work for a good friend. I think he is making sure I am happy with the job so I don't complain to the other friend who he works for lots of the time.
              Whatever the reason, I am just wanting him to finish. Besides the trim it is has now evolved into the hallway. Which I have to admit looks really good. Ok, if we get past moving the piano and not breaking anything, I should be ok today. In fact, I am going to move things off it right now and not think about it again.
              I still haven't got all my leaves up...the across the street neighbor was blowing his after work yesterday but I had the youth meeting at church. I have a hard time doing it in front of others. Saturday when I did have some time, two guys were standing outside directly across the street and I just couldn't go out and rake with them watching...ugh. I hate having issues like that.
              But,I can rake in a bit when it gets light enough. Just not use the blower so early.
              Have a great day! You all add to the greatness of my day!

Comment

Good morning, all. We had a bit of rain during the night but it is barely damp in places on the parking area.
                Weekend looks better for more rain.

I had a little patch of strawberries in front of my apartment planted by the previous tenant. The drought got them and they looked awful so the manager removed them leaving a bare spot. Hadn't decided what to do with it until yesterday I realized it was telling me it wanted to be a moss garden. Love moss gardens and it is almost covered already. There is a green Mariposite stone there already that looks very good. Add some primroses and such and keep the leaves brushed off it should look good.

Cheesecake to bake for the potluck and may pop the pie into the oven tomorrow afternoon so it will still be warm. Then to start getting ready for the family coming. Promised cookies and they shall have them. Would like to make gingerbread men for the kids but baking is awkward in this apartment. At the old house I had a good baking area set up but here everything can't fit into the kitchen. Baking stuff is in the pantry so I have to carry it out and then put it back. Have to roll on the table because counters are small. Whine whine, please pass the cheese.

Breakfast is calling. Have a good one.

Comment

Hi Paula,

Gingerbread: I add orange zest to the gingerbread. (Also to mincemeat pie.)
                  Also, if the gingerbread has a "bite" to its spicyness, add some cocoa to it to soften the "bite".

The TV: This is not dish or anything like that. When we quit our server we got another one, mostly for the computer setup, I think. E put antennas on our TVs. I have no idea how to get to recorded programs, Netflix, Amazon, or whatever else he might have subscribed. It's far cheaper than the servers' services, but he may be the only one how to use it. 🙄
                  Not that he hasn't tried to show me. But then he says, "oops, not that, but this, and nope, wait, there it is!" And I never really see what he's doing. We have a small table between our rocker/recliners, so I'm not close enough to see which controller he's using, or buttons he's pushing. Not that it'll kill me to not watch TV for a week. It doesn't really matter. I have reading material galore. NCIS will be recorded, if the listings haven't changed with the season.
                  But thanks for trying to help.

Even our phone has his technology incorporated in it. He created a Raspberry Pi call controller. Phone numbers of telemarketers, political callers, or other "undesirables" can get clicked onto a "black list" from the phone, or left on the white list (accepted calls) automatically. He got it set up in the now unrecognizable "dining nook", and he operates it from his chair on the far side of the living room (only separated by the kitchen). I don't know which button to use for it, as he has fun operating it. So we're not disturbed by advertising calls, scams, etc. friends and family, and business calls we can expect, come through just fine. But if he passes away before I do, I'm really up the creek...so to speak.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine....

I had early doctor appt..

Maye,I saw this pic..And i was thinking of you..lol...
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Home from the tea/book fair. Actually a lot more book fair than tea! Kid is happy and I have 30.00 less to carry around and weigh me down. He bought as much in crap as in books but the cookies were pretty darn good. Andrew was surprised the cookies were that good since the cafeteria ladies are so crabby and the food so bad! lol..kid cracks me up sometimes!!

Comment

• cookielady
                        cookielady commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Found out that the add'l tax was the fun killer yesterday. The parents would send $10 and the lowest books were $4.99. $9.98 plus tax was more than the $10. Our fair didn't carry any of the junk stuff....just books.
                    Working...
                    X