Nov 3 Good morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 3 Good morning!

Good morning...back to work this morning...still not feeling 100% Better though...Trying to decide if I need to go back to the doc.

It doesn't help that I stayed up last night to watch the cubbies win!!! It was an amazing game the parts I got to watch...kept losing the tv signals due to rain...

Work and rest today...clean some more in the basement.

Good Morning!

Thinking of Donna this morning.

We watched the game, too. Fabulous!

Raining like crazy here. That is fabulous, as well.

Nothing much to report. Need to shop but may not be able to. Would much rather have the rain.

Have a good day, Friends.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I working on house work..Like vaccum etc.

And on top this ..I have cold..Never sit under a.c....When it blowing cold air on you..

Here is cute pic..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning! I woke up after 2:00 sometime and couldn't get back to sleep so I got the ipad and looked around Facebook for awhile till around 3:30 and then went back to sleep. I have no idea why I did that...I shared a lot of stuff on facebook...Cubs win video of a live shot in Lincoln Park area of Chicago with all the happiness in the street. Horns honking and people giving strangers High Fives! Seriously happy stuff!
        Bethina, I think the same storm was giving Val problems because she on Facebook during the game asking what the score was and a friend was telling her the action.
        My son Stuart was on the Cubs when he was in Majors in Little League so we have always been fans.
        Speaking of Stuart, he is in Maryland with Spencer and tomorrow is his birthday. I arranged for a big birthday surprise box of cookies from Donna to arrive there! I shared some pictures on Facebook of both boys and the family. His other gift is a flag for their house that flew over the Capitol building, but that takes a while to receive. He knows it is coming. I got a flag for Spencer's birthday, too. He was so funny; really showed me how long he has lived out of the country. He texted me to be sure and tell him when to fly it besides on ElectionDay and The 4th of July!
        So I listed a few starting with his brother's birthday tomorrow and Veteran's Day...and Any day they want to put it up. I was happy that he liked it as much as I did when I thought of it.
        Ugh. What button did I hit to change the font?
        Treadmill made a horrible noise as Becky was using it this morning and she had to stop. I am hoping it is just a belt change and that it will be something my handyman can do. Or my mechanic. It was so hard to get into the house, I don't even want to think about how to get it out and dispose of it...
        Sassy, take care and get over that cold. No fun at all.
        Elaine, enjoy the rain! We have a few days to dry out and I am happy for that now. I want to get the rest of my shed cleared out and the leaves all raked behind it.
        Have a good day and don't let the whiners get you down!

Comment

Good Morning .

SassyG .. you sooo make me want a baby Kitten again!!!!...

Thinking of Donna also.. Have Corkies cell number and he has mine... hope he lets me know when she is in recovery.. will post in Family when I hear anything

David has routine Dr. Samuel visit . now that all pain ,med prescriptions patients have to be SEEN by Dr. every month.. ( can't just pick up script.) we will be out and about.Pharmacy, Libary. dollar store. etc . and its wet, raining lightly . His appt. 12.15. so ... might just get a bite to eat while out. want to sweeper the downstairs carpets ..just to say they are done.. (or not).

hoping to leave in morning , 2 hr ride to visit Davids sister. She probably will never get over to see us again..will be a kind of brief visit. we want to be home before dark..we drive a little over an hour on the Pa. Turnpike... and it is fast, big truck traffic..

be back later... hope all is well with each of you..

Hi Paula
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning!
            Yesterday was good. I got E to take me to the MVD and got my handicap placard. No problem.
            Afterwards I had him take me to Costco. I had a very nice walk all over the store. They must have a new manager. All the aisles were changed. It was easy to get turned around and lost there. The book area was moved next to the electronics stuff...who'da thunk??? I was disappointed that the 18th Harry Potter Book was in script form, rather than story form, but it's readable. I also found 2 Shel Silverstein books that I didn't have, so grabbed those. They're funny nonsense rhymes. I bought my Christmas Stamps as well. I picked up a package of their Danish, not realizing they were 2-for-1 on sale. So they brought me the second pkg. they're large, so I ate just 1/2 of one this morning. I put them in freezer bags and dropped them in the freezer. E is seriously dieting and won't touch them, so they'll probably last me til New Years.
            E carries everything into the house.....won't let me lift stuff these days. But he was exhausted for the evening. I let him play with his electronics, but he did watch tv with me, too. We're watching a Brit series of a murder mystery show. The lead detective is a tall, black Brit, with a powerful character. He's mesmerizing, to us anyway. I watch it with all its violence, because this character has amazing charisma. Two shows left in the series. "Luther", if you're interested.
            We're running out of good Netflix shows to watch.
            But there's a new Disney movie out, talking animals, this time including sloths....I want to see it. Missed it at the theater's. Hope it's good.

Thought going to Donna today!

That's all that's new here. Got laundry and picking up to do around here.
            Have a good day!
            Last edited by JoGee; 11-03-2016, 09:00 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Sierra loved Shel Silverstein! They are still stuck in a box somewhere...should dig them out for Andrew.

Son joined me this morning for coffee and I hate that. I do not want any jibber jabbing during my first cup and he should know that. When I visit with my sister we will both sit in silence and look over the pool for the first cup but with that second cup we can plan an entire year's activities! Funny about habits...and I am getting to old to change mine...Silence with that first up please!! Today I have that dreaded luncheon with my sil. Her life is so wonderful and my brother is a saint, their children so successful in life and their grands so accomplished. But at least my sister and baby brother will be there and we just shake our heads and wonder where this woman came from. Oh, it is nice to see her and it is great that she comes up to help care for her ailing mother but enough is enough okey? Better get a grip because her Christmas letter will becoming out soon. Yep, you know she sends out a Christmas letter. But this again just shows how it is a wonder I have any friends and family that talk to me. Jon just ask when we are meeting and is laughing. He is off today but chose to stay home...but I do wonder why he is up so early. Well, guess I'll shower and start the day. Lunch is all I intend to do!

Comment

Maxie, my cousin's Catholic school used the Silverstein books to teach enunciation in such a way the poems came nearly alive. I was amazed when she put that detail to the poems Cows Are Not Supposed To Fly, and What a Wonderful Bird The Frog Are. (I memorized them on the spot.). Then years later after I started having kids, I read some very short Silverstein verses in a magazine. It was a while before I actually found a book now and then in the stores. I just HAD to have them. E doesn't care how many books I buy. I read them. Eventually I give them to the kids, or donate them to the hospital or library. But I still have my Silversteins!!! 😄
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                The Giving Tree is my favorite of all his books. Sierra preferred the poems but i think she may have been to young to understand the Giving Tree when I was reading to her. I really need to search for those books...and the Littlest Angel, author unknown, is another all time favorite...always teared up reading that book.

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                The Giving Tree is my favorite of all his books. Sierra preferred the poems but i think she may have been to young to understand the Giving Tree when I was reading to her. I really need to search for those books...and the Littlest Angel, author unknown, is another all time favorite...always teared up reading that book.

I have favorite poems in each of his books, so I can't have just A favorite book.
              Last edited by JoGee; 11-03-2016, 10:49 PM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Maxie, smiled as I read you comments about first cup of coffee.... for those of you who know me personally.. you know I am a talker.. and love people and conversation ... HOWEVER .. when I get up . I don't want any Talking at all... just coffee. maybe toast... for about the first hour... we would make a good pair!
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                X