Nov 2nd.....GOOD MORNING!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 2nd.....GOOD MORNING!!!

Good Morning Everyone! Bunch of sleepy heads today.

Yesterday was a good day. FINALLY got the laundry done and put away. Ended up busier than anticipated, but that was OK. Baked 4 pies, and rolled out a bunch of pie crusts for the freezer. It was a slow but sure day. Had a nice texted "chat" with Becca. Finally heard from Kathy....wanting something of course. She actually LOVES her new job, which is great news.

This morning I have lots to do. Going to bake off the ginger snap cookies and then head into town to deliver the doctor's weekly pie...lemon meringue this time. Stopping at Aldi's and the bank. Coming home and making another pie and another batch of those sugar cookies. Getting the cookies ready for the General Store's weekend order. She said I don't have to worry about this weekend, but I just got my toe in that door and I want to keep it. It'll be no big deal to just deliver the stuff on Friday once I get home. I've got Becca to drive me! Looking forward to her visit. She doesn't have to leave until late morning on Saturday.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 11-02-2016, 06:33 AM.

Good Morning. ;D

Hi Donna! Hi Everyone.

Not sleeping. Reading. And trying to get all the info we need into the new computer.

Out-of-town trip with 2 friends to visit a sick friend. She has moved to a tiny town to be near her son. We ate tacos at Dairy Queen and had a ton of fun.

Friends having us for lunch today, so not cooking.

Shopping tomorrow for my Samaritan's Purse boxes. I usually let the girl who sponsors this at our church do it all, but this year I want to be more involved.

Have a good day, Everyone. I need to check on my cooking bacon.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

This is cute pic..Him did it.!!..lol..

Morning chores...And work on my Christmas gifts...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Elaine, if you think of anything or see anything that someone else thought of that is a bit out of the ordinary, please post. I have let someone else buy for me the last couple of years and I think I will go do it myself, too.
        Speaking of tacos, yesterday the college had a taco truck and dancers and face painters at the campus for a Day jof the Dead for the college students! Becky didn't et her face painted but she and a friend had tacos.
        I went to the Big Reveal at my favorite shop after daycare yesterday. There still was a lot of the catered sweets and appetizers left so I didn't miss out on anything. Well,except the one tablecloth I saw and asked aobut that was the only one and marked SOLD...but the owner said she would order me one. I was going to just look, as they say, but saw another decorative item and thought I better get it while it was still there. I am so glad I went' not for the things I bought, but for the sheer enjoyment. Everyone was in a good mood, being pleasant in spite of also being crowded, and smiles all around! Great way to end my day.
        Not sure what our weather will be. The garbage trucks are on my street and I need to get going.
        Hope you all have a good, productive day!
        Donna, so happy Kathy loves her job! And we all know you love yours! I sure love mine!
        Hopefully, that is enough positivity to get me through the rest of the day with the 1st comes the bills...I did buy some new stamps so that should make it a little more fun, right!
        Avoid all the germs you can and smile through whatever comes your way!

Comment

• bethina
          bethina commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula this year my mom sis and I are doing little boy boxes for the oldest age group...I actually found foldable fish poles with reels are on amazon.

good morning ...

been up since 6. but..... fell asleep reading and just HAD to read a chapter or two to find a spot to stop..... laundry in .. bathroom cleaned. bed made. kitchen sink cleaned out . ready to run!... whew, me tired just writing that... seen that a local store had sale on swing arm lamp.. need one really bad.. the switch on the one by my reading chair. is acting like its ready to short out..... comes with the shade.. half price today.. $30. .. and a few items from Aldis are needed too..

,..Paula... I'm so glad that new stamps are what makes fun for you!!!... finding a pretty little candy dish at a yard sale for 50cents is my fun day..

Sassygirl... adorable.. you sure have a knack of finding just hits my smile button ..

Elaine, I got a gift card for Dairy Queen in my purse.... must go eat Tacos!.

Donna, slow down... I sure hope they keep you sedated tomorrow!... you need the rest!..nice to hear that Bratina likes her new job... bts. David loved your Chili.. did not give him heartburn.. just put more beans in the next time... His remark , not mine..

gotta go.

Hello all Later-to- come folks... will check your day out this evening .

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye,Thank-you...AWW..
          I want to make you smile..and rest of the group too...

Good morning..I still feel crappy not quiet as bad as yesterday...so glad the doctor gave me the extra day off work...I honestly am not sure I could have worked today...my stomach hurts so bad from the antibotics...

I slept most of yesterday....was able to stay awake long enough last night to watch the cubs game!! Go Cubs Go!

Today more rest...and going to disinfect everything..

Comment

I was up very early and then for some reason went back to sleep. Never do that! Everything with doctor number 1 went fine...only found 3 precancers this time and commented on the care I had given my skin this summer. Since it has been 4 years since the surgery he may finally put me on an annual schedule after the May visit. Progress. Forgot to buy stamps when home but did get the banking done. Have to go back tomorrow so will pick up stamps that I forgot. I am not the rememberer I once was...now I need a list and then forget to pick it up. I really HATE when I do that!! Not sure what I will do today but will be back on the road tomorrow running early. Been a beautiful week so far with temps in the 80s and sun. Sierra called last night and was her normal self but she gives me a headache trying to carry on a conversation. Stifling an outspoken person is very dangerous could cause an explosion! And I am talking a blood and guts everywhere type of explosion. On that nifty thought I will go make anther cup of coffee. Hope you all are getting a taste of this beautiful weather. Winter is coming soon so enjoy!

Comment

Hello everyone.
            I've been up a couple of hours. Just finished a Kindle book by an English author. I hadn't guessed the story outcome til the last chapter.
            It's 52° outside this morning, and the house feels chilly. The high will be only 79° today. The sun ust peeked over the mountain, and it looks like a clear day today. Feels
            Iike Autumn has arrived.
            Today E would like me to get my handicap placard for the car, then maybe I can entice him to go to Costco. I love going through the store, and really do need the exercise. Plus, we do need a few things. COSTCO has holiday stamps as well as regular ones this year! Yay!
            I will not be going to MI with E, and relatives are a bit disappointed. But I think I still need recovery time from my fall at the cruise line. I'm still stiff in places, and my knee has a lump that is still sore. We'll be in Phx the weekend before he leaves, which will be a lot of activity for me. That will not coincide with navigating through two large airports, both ways. And both airports have areas with floors like hills, and I'm not yet trusting my balance on them as they're slightly steeper than where I fell. So I'll stay home this time.

Cookie, you make the very best ginger snaps! I'm glad Kathy loves her job. Maybe she will have a more stable life now.
            Elaine, do you fry or bake your bacon. My DD bakes hers, and it's really tastier. I tend to.nuke bacon, as it's quicker and easier.
            When E was working, Ed "adopt" a family for Christmas gifts. Worked out very nicely. If we see an "Angel tree" we will donate to some of the recipients there. Red Cross and Goodwill get our holiday donation$ as well.
            Nice kitties, sassy. Thanks for today's chuckle!
            Hi Paula. Sounds like a pleasant shopping trip for you. That's great. Dia De Los Del Morte, or "Day of the Dead" is popular here. I can't imagine picnics in the cemeteries, but it's a Mexican heritage and not one I'll ever fully grasp. Some cemeteries have movies, like drive-in theaters used to.
            I'm sure others have posted as I typed this. I'm wishing you all a wonderful autumn day!
            Last edited by JoGee; 11-02-2016, 02:36 PM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Just a little thought: get airline to meet you with a wheelchair for all airport navigation.
              If you want to

Thanks, Paula. But I think I'll prefer to stay home this time. I just want to recuperate in peace and quiet at home.
            No hustle & bustle or any fuss.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X