Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Hallows' Eve ~ 2016

Good Morning!

Are you ready for the ghosts and goblins? We only have 2 each year and they both came last night, since their dance class is on Monday. Cousins - 12 years apart. Gave them and their parents popcorn balls from Walmart. I doubt parents would let children eat anything homemade anymore. Another sad story about the evolution of our society.

Cancer center at 9a this morning, then home to get the truck and head in the other direction. Fillup with our fuel points today and a trip through the market for bread.

Other than that, it should be a slow day.

We've been rooting for the Cubs and were so thrilled to watch them win last night. John says the best team should win, but I think the Cubs deserve to win. Just hope they can.

Have a spooky ooky day!

Paula, you should be in for a lot of fun with your kiddos.

Good Morning ,, really chilly 36 outside.. .here comes winter.. sigh.

I am not turning on the porch light this year... had three strangers last year... so not going to be bothered this year... Elaine the sad part of giving Bought goods... lots of artificial ingredients. and no guarantee that what you buy is any purer than what you make.. I love my homemade popcorn balls.. but seldom make.. too much sugar to have around for David.. ..

Sassygirl .. read yesterday post this morning and saw the picture of Dog and Cat look alikes... loved it!!!!. big smile from me..

Had such a full weekend ,I am ready for a quieter Monday... Friday was cooking afternoon with Bethany... what fun!... Saturday. got a call to please set with a dear lady who is fighting back from Alcohol binder...so spent 5 hours just talking. hugging , loving her. She is alone. and life catches up and gets too heavy for her.. ... Sunday.. I went to visit with Karen and girls.( David was at sawmill. ,the joy of his life).. she made supper for us all. nice!.. I just enjoy spending time with the girls.. so fast the time flies. by.. today....... trip to the Bank and Library. and a few groceries in our local little town...
    then..... turn off the Tv. turn lights down low and grab a book. ....

be back later... have a great Day.. love reading about your busy day!.. ( except Jostoy's... her day makes my back hurt in sympathy ).
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye,I do that sometime....thank-you..
      AWW...You should have this time.lol..

good morning....Cori is being very vocal this morning...not sure what her issue is! She has had food and water...has her dry food...

Today will be another crazy day...hoping its better than yesterday.

My sister and her hubby take possession of the new home today...my parents are still in town and will pick me up from work..and we will go and work on the house for a few hours...Unless I don't feel like going..I woke with horrible ear aches...

I fell to sleep watching the game last night...woke up just in time to see the cubbies pull off the win! I hope we can do it two more times!

Comment

Good Morning! I see some pink sky, so maybe we'll have some sunshine today. Yesterday was completely dreary & wet for the most part.

Yesterday after church & SS, I came home and dipped the Oreo balls in choc & decorated them, so now I can say I'm officially done with the wedding order. I then bagged & boxed up all the trays of cookies I had in the freezers. It feels so good to have that all done. Sat and paid all the bills, so that chore is done. I then took an hour & a half nap. Took Blaise to the church for their Trunk or Treat. He got enough stuff that if he doesn't get to go T&T tonight, he'll be fine. I'm not taking him and Kathy made noises last week about Jimmy taking him. We'll see. Oops...just check FB and she said Jimmy can't take him. Glad I didn't tell Blaise that Jimmy was going to do it. Idiots.

Saturday night I had texted my nephew who was home to see when he was going back to Ohio & if he'd like some chili. He was suppose to stop yesterday on his way to church and pick it up because he was leaving for home right after church. I got home & the basket that I had set right in front of the door was still there. Here he got into the refrig and took a container & cookies I had for Aunt J. & there was no chili in it. He missed out on a bunch of good food. Kids!

Not sure what today will bring. I want to bake 2 carrot cakes for the freezer. I have a couple pie orders for tomorrow, so I may mix up some pie dough and be ready for those orders. I need to balance the checkbooks. So who knows. There is ALWAYS cleaning & laundry to do. Slow but steady.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone..
        rise and shine..

I am working on my Christmas gifts...
        I saw this pic..Cute ..lol..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Maye, I sure hope your back doesn't hurt as bad in sympathy.

​Today is sort of a quite day for me. Anytime there isn't any lifting, makes for a quiet day for me. I want to make some brownies, peanut cluster candy, finish my laundry, go grocery shopping, and finally, chopped up the fallen leaves. Can't say mow the yard too much anymore as the grass isn't growing very fast anymore.

The dryer buzzer just went off, so guess I better get the day started. Everyone have a great day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning and hope I am ready for it. The table looks pretty festive with 6 plastic pumpkins sitting on it with the goodies in them.
            I made a lemon cake yesterday afternoon after getting back from the airport. Becky made lemon curd for the filling and I think I have enough of the lemon buttercream in the refrigerator to frost it, if not I can make a little more. I am making the crockpot meatballs with barbecue sauce and then serve them over rice. It is a diner for my friend's husband and son. Husband's birthday. Both the son and my friend are recovering from surgeries...her son was in a very bad car accident and broke both feet and has to be off them.
            My brother texted me some photos showing my mom had landed and so did her luggage, so they are all set. Today he is taking her to Disney World for all the Halloween fun and then will go back to see the change of holiday decorations as the park gets completely changed to all the December decorations (in Nov.).
            Rain yesterday on our drive to the airport with some really heavy rain at times. It poured here while we were gone. Not totally sure what today will be. So I am prepared for kids to come this evening, but who knows? Our downtown has Treat Street from 2:00 to 5:00 and then the neighborhoods get the next wave.
            Tomorrow is the big Open House at my favorite shop, House of Design. I always get an invitation to the closed to the public preview of holiday shopping but have never been able to go. It is 11:00 to 1:00 and just not feasible to take that time off. I will go right after daycare and ooh and ahhh then.
            Making my Countdown to company List. My brother and family from MN will be here for Thanksgiving and even though they are renting a house for while they are here, I want this house to be ready. It is always an eye opener for me to try and see my house with someone else's eyes. Like why can't I see the dust, etc every day? Anyway, I have my handyman scheduled to paint the trim and do some touch ups inside.
            Too much writing, but just love stopping here with all of you!
            Have a good day and save some of the candy for yourself!

Comment

Good morning and HAPPY HALL🎃WEEN to you all.

So much going on today, and I'm just not up to par. Had tummy aches much of the night, and my sinus' are running this morning. I have no intention of putting out all of the decorations this morning....the less to put away tonight.
              This afternoon I see the Cancer Oncologist to see what's what, and if we'll be restarting treatments.
              Also if there'll be more appointments right away.
              E really needs to go see his brother......the last couple of times they talked on the phone, E couldn't understand him. That scares E. He wants to catch the next available flight to see him. Actually, I wouldn't mind staying home, rather than traversing airports, but E wants me to go with him. We have to be home this coming weekend because of other appts next week.

Well, on to make my tea and try to get fully awake here.
              Have a fun day, everyone. 👻
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Boo! Don't expect any kids but I got candy anyway as you just never know. We are a bit of the street but we don't turn the porch lights on. They come on automatically.

About all I can think of for now. Have a happy Halloween.

Comment

Working...
                X