Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday. Oct 30.

Good morning .

will open the door... start the coffee... set the donuts on the table ... and then go set in recliner and hope to catch another quick snooze... Hubby and Kat were up at 4am.. and then I joined then, reluctantly.. .will be a very long day if I dont nap a bit.
    See you all later..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good Morning! I was up early too. Bottoming out. Two days in a row.

Yesterday was very good. Baked some in the morning & finished icing the sugar cookies. We then headed into town. WM, Aldi's, and then Chinese for lunch. Came home and just HAD to take a power nap, then back in the kitchen to get started on the 13 cobblers. You could tell which ones were first & which were the last. I got better as I went. I then baked the LAST two cookies for the wedding order. Waaahooooo!!!!! They are done. I just have to dip the oreo balls in chocolate and then I'm officially done. Texted my nephew who was home for his little sister's Senior night and ask if he'd like some chili, so I made a 5 qt pot of chili last night and packed him a care package to take back with him to Ohio this morning. He LOVES chili and my SIL doesn't make it.

After church & SS, I need to come home a pay bills. They are all in a nice neat little stack on my desk & I'v GOT to do them. Also need to get Corky's resume updated and printed off for a golfing job not far from here. Tonight our church is having Trunk or Treat, so I'm taking Blaise to that...if it's not pouring rain like predicted

Have a good one all!.

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi Janet! Hi Donna!

Not much to report from here. Made my dessert (just 1) for church yesterday, so I'm ahead of myself this morning.

We are headed to 88 degrees today. Wow!

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

Not much going on here..Day of rest...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, such a cute picture, sassy! Love it! Lots of little Aussies in our town and I grew up having calico and tortoise shell cats.

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula A..thank-you..How cute..WOW...

Good morning everyone.

​Got the foundation painting job completed. I must be slowing down in my "old age". It took me 4 1/2 hours to do the job. By the time I finished, my rear felt like it had the round shape of the bucket I was sitting on.

​Since my spreaders and dwarf box elder plants were dying that I planted 3 years ago, I decided to dig those up and fill the holes in with garden dirt. By the time I was done, I was looking down at my toes very well. After getting a bite to eat, a lunchable, I took a long hot bubble bath. My back was more bendable after that. It was time to sit and watch my "classic gospel" which had the Statler Brothers final concert.

​Today is Church and then this afternoon I'll be going to E's for the Church's hayride and trick or treat for the kids. As of last Sunday we had 17 kids signed up for the outing. Since I only had bought 18 packets of M&M I got another box of 18 as their are usually a few more that actually show up. I also give the parents some candy as well so they don't eat the kids candy.

Time to get me some breakfast, so everyone have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Good call on that candy!

Good morning...feeling cranky...didn't get up til 7...I am going back to bed for an hour or so!

Yesterday was crazy busy and I expect more of the same today.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
          It's only 64° this morning, but going up to 93° today. Tomorrow will begin a run of days in only the 80's, though. 🌵

Well, E's brother is sounding worse. E wants to go visit him a few days. I asked him to wait til after my appointment tomorrow to see whether they'll begin treatment(s) on me again. It's been at least 2 months since be had meds for my blood disorder or my chemo treatments. The two conditions that seem to like to fight each other. E may have to make the trip alone. And if so, I'll be taking a cab to the Cancer Center.

E had another home cooked supper last night. I thickened the turkey soup a bit, added peas with pearl onions to it, cut the turkey into bite size pieces, and served it over macaroni. Simple, easy, and tasty. He was very happy. I think there's still enough soup left for another meal for us, plus more turkey meat.

Nothing much else going on here worth writing about. We won't disappoint the Halloween beggars, but I hope BIL's situation won't leave E feeling there's a "dark cloud overhead" so as to put a damper on his sense of humor. When BIL passes on, there will be one sibling left for him.......his "evil twin" sister. Long confusing story, but a rather unpleasant person when you *really* get to know her. I still have my only and younger brother, who has the audacity to be 6'2" to my shrinking 5' 1-1/2". 😃

Guess I'll bring in the newspaper, and nuke a hot drink. Our K-cup machine is kinda on the fritz. E gets his coffee anyway, but I don't want grounds in my tea!!!

Have a good day. Sing a happy song. 😊
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Jo Gee, I too have shrunk down to 5'1 1/2 inches. Don't know if it's my back problem or if I use to have 1 1/2 inches on the bottom of my feet. LOL

Good morning! We are up and getting ready to take my mom to the airport for the Florida wedding trip...I had planned on going, then all the aunts and uncles and extra family got uninvited (?) so I told daycare I would not be closed, then my mom made enough of a fuss to my brother that we all got Invited again, but by then I couldn't change the schedule back for parents that had changed again...so, whatever it was about (and I am All for making the Bride happy and stress free), the end result was I had a ticket to Tampa that needed to be changed before Nov. 3 or lose the ticket. I finally got it all changed yesterday. I now know why I fly Southwest when I go to Portland and not Delta: 1 hour and 10 minutes on Southwest, non-stop. 4hours (shortest trip) on Delta with a change of planes in Seattle (or Salt Lake or LA!) and because of the changes, about 150.00 more than a SW flight. Anyway, even with the change fees I will have a good chunk leftover for a voucher towards another trip. When we go to Maryland next summer we are definitely flying SW because they have a new direct flight between Sacramento and Baltimore.
          The cookies for the party went over well. I have all my goodies for our daycare party Monday. Besides the candy, kids are bringing cupcakes, I have plastic pumpkins for them with bubbles, stickers, glow necklaces (thank you JoG and E), Ninja turtle party favors and Spiderman favors. The two favorite characters for the moment..even more than Anna or Elsa from Frozen!
          In my trek through Walmart yesterday I passed a bin of small dog beds for only 6.00, so I picked one up thinking I would try and get my dog to stop sleeping on a blanket in the office and use the bed. I thought I would have to coax her with a treat or toy in it...Wow! She ran and jumped in and claimed it before I had time to clip off the plastic holder to the price tag. No problem at all taking away the kid blanket I had under the chair...
          Hope you all have a good day and stay well and get rested, especially all of you who are doing your share of the work, and mine, too!
          When we get back from the airport, I decided if it isn't raining, I will rake my own front yard. Jostoy, your example keeps me trying to do more!

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Paula, I look at work as exercise. Since loosing all my weight, I have a lot of energy to burn up.

Jostoy, I'm told by the medical people that it's a normal part of aging. But I keep stretching to avoid any more loss, if that's possible. I looked in the mirror, and noticed my shoulders kinda hunched....yeah, I have osteoporosis, too. (Thanks, Mom!).
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Shrinking is a part of old age, I think. I used to be 5' 7" and now down to 5' 5" Had to shorten all my pants. Fact of life.

Beautiful day here. Have two friends here from Arizona, all of us widows now. Yesterday we went to the Ocean Center and spent most of the day there finishing up with a late lunch at a very nice restaurant. They originally wanted to drive on to Lahaina but thank goodness opt to go today. I let them go on their own as they both liked to look in all the stores and I would of had to sit and read and wait for about 3 hours to do that. They are both 5 or more years younger then me and have a LOT more energy then I have any more. So today is a day of rest for me.

Comment

Working...
            X