Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday. 23d...

Good morning .

overcast, no sun. but the promise of lovely afternoon from the WM.

I am one tired,but very happy lady today...yesterday Hannah came and we did a Donna marathon!... (mixed up pie dough early) When Hannah arrived we , mostly she, mixed up buns...set aside to raise..
    . made two pumpkin pies....pop into the oven......... made a new recipe called Glazed Apple Bars.. ( Elaines recipe from WAY back)... while Hannah mixed up the apple bars. I got the buns shaped and onto baking sheets... ..after the apple Bars were baked . was time to start baking the buns...
    ...breath for two minutes... Karen and brother Jacob showed up. made "fried" dough... ate relaxed a bit...after they left we finished cleaning up mess .. ....Finally,,,,.we made peanut butter fudge.. a quick easy finish to our cooking day.. sent 3/4 of everything home with Hannah.. to share with her family and friends..

DAvid was at sawmill though most of this.. .He got home as Hannah was leaving. then he and I both fell into recliners .. pooped...was in bed very early and asleep .. all night ... it was a wonderful time ..
    .... next weekend .. maybe get Bethany for some "cooking "...

today will be devoted to reading ..

I will return to see what up at your house

Last edited by Mayebarnes; 10-23-2016, 07:28 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good Morning.

Hi Janet! Hi Everyone. :

Made hash brown casserole for church and have it ready to put in oven.

Church and home to relax.

Sunday is the day of rest, Donna. Remember that!

Hugs to All

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ladybug.That sound wounderful..
      I am making next week..Green bean Casserole..From the Crockpot..

Good morning...relaxed yesterday and got a hair cut! Watched the cubs win last night...They are headed to the world series!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for them!

Today Bible Study this morning...laundry this afternoon.

Comment

Good SUNNY FRIGID Morning!!!! Rest...what's that?

My weekend time with my friend Maureen was wonderful. She got here Thursday around 4:30 and after dinner we started in on making sauce to make apple butter. We had that simmering all night. Before she came though, it was crazy busy cleaning and dealing with customers coming to pick up and placing orders. Lovin' it. Friday we got up and started right in on making apple sauce after I got Blaise on the bus. We ended up canning 100 pints....21 apple butter and 79 apple sauce. We were done & cleaned up by 2:30. Took a break, then went over to Saxonburg to check out a couple of the little shops. Made a connection with the lady at the General Store, so who knows what may come out of that. Got Blaise off the bus and then her & I went out for dinner and then a movie. Normally she'd be leaving the next morning, but she gave me an extra day this year.

Yesterday we got up and headed out around 10:30am. We picked up Becca and went out for lunch and shopping. We didn't get home until after 6pm. We had a wonderful time. Becca even took us through the detention center's campus where she works. It's very impressive & beautiful. I'm so proud of her.

Maureen left around 7:30 this morning and we headed to church. I have a customer coming soon to pick up a pie & 2 pumpkin rolls. This afternoon Blaise & I are going to a local nursing home with my SS class to do this week's church service for them. Blaise & I are reading the scripture. Playing cards this evening with my SIL, Mom, & Aunt P. I found a loaf of pumpernickel bread on the reduced rack the other day, so I'm making spinach dip to go with it....YUM!!!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
        My cold is gone, so is the sinus infection that joined it. 😊 E made sure I stayed off my feet in case I'd have a fall. He seems to be looking into scooters for me, so I don't have to walk long distances. Frankly, I like walking.

This morning is a cool 69°, going to 90°, and a 20% chance of rain. So it's a sunny morning, and not a single cloud to threaten us....yet. I'd opt for some rain, actually. 🌵 The AC just came on, and I have no idea why! I hate when the ducts blast cold air seemingly right at me.

TV: We are hooked on a British TV murder mystery show, "Luther". John Luther is a tall, strong, black Brit cop. Formidable if angry. But he's honest and on the side of what's right. He has learned to control his temper in this series. Apparently we are left with a real cliff-hanger at the seasons end, and I hope E has the next series lined up. It's a powerful show.
        Has anyone checked out "Bull", starring the guy who played Anthony Denozo on NCIS? We saw 2 shows, and didn't buy into either of them. Bull still has Tony's arrogance. Will be surprised if it goes beyond 1 season.

Saw a marvelous TV documentary last night about Preserving Hawaiin Culture. When we incorporated Hawaii, we ruined what was probably the only true paradise on this earth. We gave them our idea of civilization with our prejudices, and much more, with sneers and punishments if they broke the rules. Well, the older people kept secretly teaching the old way, the old traditions, but one woman saw it being worn away by present society. So she taught her grandmothers' teachings in a school, and is bringing back the pride of who they are as individuals. They were a society with a place for everyone: The Paul'ua (men), Tahini (women), and the Mahu (gay). If you were born one gender, but felt you belonged with the other, it was acceptable....everyone was accepted for who they are. That goes not only for gender, but color, religion, nationality, race, etc. it was all beautifully expressed, and I cried through it. Most of us think that ALOHA means simply Hello or Goodbye.......but apparently it's true meaning is love, respect, and acceptance.
        Nalani, I can see your love for Hawaii if that is true. I do hope they can revive their culture. It's got a good start I think.
        Who knows, maybe we'll want to move there ourselves! I would like to experience that for a change.

Well, there's nothing actually new here.
        Besides, I've probably rattled on too long about too much.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. 😄
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Jo, where do I find these shows? I feel the same way about Bull. I really wanted to like it.
          Designated Survivor still has my attention.
          So glad you are in good health! Those colds can linger and really wear a person down.

Good morning!
        Yesterday was a different kind of marathon day for me, Maye. Apple Hill was our destination and we eventually got there. I say eventually, because after leaving Red Bluff at 10:50 am and arriving at the exit for apple HIll at 1:30 pm, we were in a long, SLOW line of cars, inching our way through a couple of miles (yes, you read that right!) and arrived at High Hill Ranch (the first orchard and the one I wanted to visit) at, ready? 3:45. We were worried about parking but were directed to row 10 in the orchard and then walked quickly (after getting my land legs back) to the Line for the restrooms! Then to the line at the restaurant and then got the apples and the pie we wanted (dutch Apple) and then through the line to pay and then reversed the whole procedure (including traffic lines) until we were out of the Placerville area. Got home at 8:50 pm.
        Next year we will not go on the middle Saturdays of October. I knew form years past that those are the busiest days. Also, we will never leave town so late. Becky thought I was crazy to say I would leave at 6:30 next time ("I can't get ready that early") but I think the real plan is take a day off and go during the week.
        But I got the Empire apples I went for. And it was beautiful and Becky drove through all of the crazy Sacramento traffic. There was one place coming home where another car almost wiped us out as they were lane changing, but it didn't happen and other than me closing my eyes and bracing for a hit, and then neither one of us able to talk until we got out of Sacramento, it ws a great ride! I picked up apples for two friends, too, so we felt we made it worth our while.
        My nieces weren't able to meet us up there due to major health issues, but we will visit during some holiday.
        My Florida (now living in Utah) niece got to bring the baby home yesterday! She is on oxygen, but otherwise healed up form her surgery. I am so happy that my SIL, her mother and baby"s grandma, can go home to Florida (to get the oldest daughter married) with this little family safely tucked in to their own home.
        After church, Becky has a meeting for the shelter volunteers and then my good friend, Barbara, is back in the hospital and I will go visit her. Her pic line got infected. She is supposed to have a feeding tube put in the first part of Nov. Not sure how this will all work out, but any prayers for her are sure appreciated.
        Relax, enjoy your day and the colors around you. We saw some beautiful trees yesterday. I also posted some pictures on Facebook. Some of the long lines of cars...

Comment

Paula, we get most of our shows from Netflix. He also has Amazon & Hulu. I'm sure Luther was on Netflix; but not sure about the documentary, which showed a "channel" symbol for World followed by 3 words too small for me to read.

We dropped Cox because we got tired of paying $150/mo and getting no real service, still limited channels, etc. Not worth it. We have another server now, but our TV requires an antenna....with the lower price now, I'm not complaining.

Barbara will be in my heartfelt thoughts.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X