Monday 10/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 10/10

I am dreading work today...we have a 50% off everything sale today...not one of my favorite days...but maybe it will make my day go fast!!! I am pretty much feeling like something has run me over...slept pretty much the entire time since coming home from Bible study yesterday around noon.

Work today...errands this afternoon cleaning up the basement and watching baseball this evening...

My niece will be here to clean the upstairs today...I have friends coming tomorrow to Tye-dye and eat pizza after work. So this week I am paying her to clean upstairs..usually my mother is the one that pays her...this week because I wanted her to come earlier in the week I took over the payment and am paying a little extra. AM I wrong in paying extra?

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..Another cold day BRRR

And doing morning chores..And have chicken in the crockpot..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning

SassyG.. I got it made. I loved our dogs.. and have loved lot s and lots of kitties.. see YOU there.

up every early today... have no real definite plans.. maybe go shopping ? got a load of laundry running and one more to go in.
      Son Mark has been here and gone... He is still off work. tennis elbow , will end up with a shot in it yet.. he filled out papers and turned into his Job that he will be retiring next June.. from now until then he will probably have a helper to train.(when he gets back to work).

Bethina... just don't "rush"... take it slow and steady.. have fun this evening .

DWTSs on tonight... no football to kick it off or debate .. ..

Hi to you all

Justy ??? are you ok ?...

Jostoy ,slow Down,,, that goes for you too Donna, Paula. Sharon. and all you busy people.. Nalani, BarbCa, Elaine. and I know how to do that.. ( I think Elaine has slowed down?. Pat you are a busy one too... sigh I remember those days..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye,You sure did..And they "love" you too..Aww,
        How cute...That is right....You will be first in line..lol..

Morning all

It's Monday again. *sigh*

Nothing new here - just work, work, work.

Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good SUNNY FRIGID Morning! The furnace has been running. I have it set low, but with it in the 30's outside, it doesn't take long for the house to cool off.

Yesterday was good. After church & SS, I came home and spent my afternoon in the kitchen. I tried 2 new recipes I got off FB....tater tot lasagna & mason lid pies. The lasagna was a hit, but the pies were a bust. Also made a double batch of glazed pumpkin sugar cookies. Dropped Blaise off for Kidz Club then went to play cards at my SIL's. Shawna was suppose to be our 4th and she had a headache and Kathy told my Mom she was coming and never saw or heard from her. We had a nice time anyways.

This morning I hope to mix up 4 kinds of cookie dough. I'd like to get at least 2 of them baked off today, then I'll have the order filled for the lady that ordered them last Friday. She left her order slip, but didn't give me a date, so I want to be prepared. We are meeting Sue for lunch at Pizza Hut. She got me 3 large bags of candy (Reece Cups & Kisses) for $5 each. They were wrapped in Olympic them foil, which makes no difference to me. Then it's home to bake. Blaise is off school today. I promised him PH. We'll get that $10 box meal.

Nothing wrong with tipping your niece extra. I do it. Now if she knows ahead of time and doesn't do a good job, that's a different story.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Glazed pumpkin sugar cookies sound delicious!

Had a wonderful day yesterday. Weather was gorgeous, food good, company the best ever. It was a nice perfect day for a road trip but I was tired when we got home. No idea what today will bring. Drew has no school today for Columbus Day and is going to work with his mom but Sierra will be here after class so I need to cook something. Have a couple fo returns to make so could just do some running today. I have been trying for the longest time to fit Andrew in jeans but each brand is fitted different even in boys jeans. I need to stop eating because my jeans were a little snug yesterday..who am I kidding? I need new jeans too! I need to buckle down and get some things finished up around here. I could and should have a busy day but if I do will be another story!

Comment

Good morning from me, too. I am hoping the things I have for the kids to do today will offset the typical shock they all seem to have at being back on the routine of daycare. Weekends usually mean no naps for them, lots of drive through or junk food and late bedtimes. By the time they hit my door they are already tired and running on negative energy...I always plan low key, low expectation activities for Monday. New orange play dough and pumpkin cookie cutters and gluing Fall leaves in a collage will be the fun activities today. Later in the week we will make a Fall wreath...higher expectation (":keep the glue on the wreath"). My school girl that was going to be here today texted me and said her parents are changing her school to the Catholic school so she wont be here. Only one school in the county was taking off Columbus Day. They are changing her school because of a boy (5th grader, she is 6th grade) who was threatening her with bringing a knife and describing what he was going to do!!!!). Something must have happened Friday that everything changed.Anyway, just me and the little kids to sort out Monday.
          Little grandson, Joe, almost 5, starts his pre-K today. It turns out a friend told Spencer that there was a pre-K class at a school near enough to them and "kindergarten is a no boundaries" for class as long as there is an opening. The criteria is either income or language and he definitely needs language. I guess my DIL, Nikki, called and when the school secretary explained the criteria, she said, Well, we are from Japan so I think we hit the criteria! Joe is so excited. He saw the classroom and was telling me, Nana, so many toys! He was impressed with the amount of Legos the teacher showed him. Love being able to talk with them every weekend.
          Sorry to go and on...hope the storms and Matthew are past you all.
          Kicking off the week with all of you makes for a great beginning!..

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
            Not sure if we'll get up to 92 or 94° for a few days. 🌵 Depends on the weather channel you watch, I guess.
            When we get to Long Beach this coming weekend, we will be faced with temps in just the 70's, and perhaps rain with that... Brrr! But I've got warm clothes to wear there. 😊
            Guess we won't be doing the sightseeing afterwards, after all. E's brother is really doing badly. He's had another fall, and his cancer is back. On the phone he sounded worse than before. So E will be taking a flight to MI ASAP after this wedding trip. He will get me to my tests (located in 2 areas) when we return, and go there for a few days. I'm afraid that we shall lose his brother soon. 😪
            I won't be going, though. I can't zip through the airport lines through the plane terminals. Can't always count on the motorized carts that transport the people across the terminals. It'll be much easier for E to go himself this time. I can fend for myself for a few days. No problem. If my colostomy bag is a problem, I can get a cab to the hospital and the nurses can fix it. E can give BIL my love, and BIL already understands my problems.

So this week we get travel items together, and pack up the suitcases. We have a wedding on a boat to attend.

Guess I should get my day started. Hope you all have a great day! ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I see some more busy type people showed up..... Maxie!!!another very busy lady... and JO G. I have no idea how you get everything done ..incentive!..
              IF I miss saying you name here.. its not that I have forgotten YOU... its that my brain has this tiny problem... names have become my bug a boo...

so have some words.. I keep telling myself its because I have ,( as a teacher and an outgoing person). met and have known a LOT of people. .
              and my memory banks are just completely full... I also have a ton of relatives. and all you people on here ... soo I rest my case... my brain is tired.
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye, I rest between doing things. E curbs my chores by doing stuff for me. He's afraid I'll overdo and fall or something.
                This morning I made breakfast, so I wouldn't have to go out and eat. (Restaurants are not particularly healthy places, in my opinion.). I made breakfast sandwiches. I have a couple of microwave covered egg poacher, but you can use custard cups. I spray the bottom with spray oil, put in a slice of Canadian bacon, an egg beaten in a bit of water and some green tobasco sauce, top with cheese slice (Colby jack today, but Colby pepper is a fave too), and nuke for 1 minute. Then slide it onto sandwich thins bread. Top with catsup or salsa. Cover with top slice of thin bread and enjoy!

Wednesday I plan to make an apricot brandy cake for my hairdresser. Show her how tasty a liquor cake can be. Someone gave her a Harvy Wallbanger cake, and it was good but had no discernible flavor.

Well, back to today's chore of getting stuff ready to pack.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X