Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ October 2

Good Morning, Everyone.

Had computer problems yesterday and could not get here. This thing doesn't sound too stable right now.

Anyway, it is a beautiful day in the hood here. Cool finally.

Nothing newsworthy. Hope you each have a lovely Sunday. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Good Morning! Glad to see you here Elaine.

Yesterday was good. Got lots done but not everything completed. After dropping off the final pies at the farm stand, I went to Saxonburg and did a few errands. Stopped and dropped off some soup for my Mom & brother Ray and had a nice chat with them. Came home and Corky was working on closing up the pool. I was called into service a few times to help with that. It's a done deal now. I had all the burners on the stove working for a while. I had picked up 20lbs of chicken leg qtr and was cooking them in two large pots. The chicken and broth are going to be used in a couple of weeks when we make chicken & biscuits for the homeless shelter. I'm freezing them both until then. It took a while to pick off all that meat. I also had tomatoes on the stove. I thought I'd try something different. I just quartered the tomatoes and cooked them skin & all, then ran them through the mill that I use for my apple sauce. Well it made it into juice...not what I really wanted. Good thing I only did 3 pots. I ran out of energy or was just too disappointed to can it immediately so the juice is in the refrig and I'll can it tomorrow when I plan to do up the rest of the bushel...the old fashion way. Rolled out the rest of the pie dough I had in the refrig and now I'm ready for some more orders. Dinner was each for their own.

This morning I'm up early because I'm baking a strawberry rhubarb pie for an order being picked up at 1pm. I wanted it fresh but not hot. The man is taking it to his Mom for her birthday and it's her favorite kind of pie. Going to church & SS this morning. I haven't been to SS since the beginning of August due to pie delivery every Sunday morning. Once I get home, I'm delivering two pies in Butler to a disabled lady & her daughter. This week they are trying the German Choc pie & PB pie. I'll then stop at Aldi's for a few things. I'll get home in time for the new customer who is picking up the pie. I'm trying a new pot pie recipe I saw on FB for our dinner tonight at cards. Still haven't found a 4th to play. May take a nap this afternoon. Don't want to play with tomatoes today.

Have a good one all!

Comment

good Morning ..

Donna...for tomatoes with flesh in...bring big pot of water to a boil.. drop tomatoes in. (scald) .slip skims off. core and chop in quarters or smaller . cook until tender,,bring to final boil and ladle into jars....have jars hot. rings lid hot. . all will seal ...to get jars hot. rinse, set 4-5 jars in microwave and heat 1-2 min. until hot. the wee bit of water on them will steam and sterilize .take out one at a time. take last two out .put in another set.repeat. .my directions.. or ignore if you wish

new page on calendar . already has two doctor appointments scribbled in.. Old people , all they do is go to the doctor.. yck.

I love to read.. but I am caught up to date with my favorite authors.. soooooo.. am appealing to you all.. please go to the Library forum ( or here) and leave me the name of authors you like and would recommend... I love mystery books best.. (but not MANLY ones with a lot of bad words). and I don't like gooey romances. But I try most every author that is suggested, can always return after the first 3 chapter test..

HI Elaine..Computer problems no fun... I need grandson Kiel, the computer guru who lives in Va.. to come visit me for a week. and clean my out.. he works for NASA . as their computer fix it genius..

see you all later today.. hope its a good one. and tonight is Steeler time.. ( Oh where is my books)
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Will be leaving for the Lake after church today. Want to get that clay moved from around the back of my camper. At the present, I can't get to the controls on the camper septic to empty it. The gauges showed it was full the last time I was there when Mr. "horse around" didn't get his job done, and left dirt piled at the back of the camper. Also have to move other dirt around so my cousin can get under the camper in 2 weeks to jack it up and put the axels on concrete blocks so it will be more stable. I also bought the tie-down anchors, and will see if I can get them in the ground these 2 days. It isn't suppose to rain until next Thursday or Friday, and I don't want to shovel wet clay dirt.

The dinner at the Church went well yesterday afternoon. Was the first time that I've helped. Towards the end of my washing dishes, I turned to do something, and someone else took over my job. Now get this...the dish drier started handing me things to put away. As if I knew where everything went. Don't blame me if they can't find things on the 8th when our Pastor appreciation fish fry takes place. I think there were at least 10 of us there to work and everyone got along just fine.

Time to get a shower and then breakfast. Everyone have a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...Yesterday was great! Rough morning with Cori...not sure what I did to her but I ended up with a deep scratch on my elbow...I think I rolled over on her...oops

I found out that my sister and her family are moving...right now they live a half mile from me...They will be 20 minutes from me now...I will miss the security but They all are very excited I am excited for them! They are getting 3.5 acres part of it is woods and they have a nice creek that runs the back of the property..My youngest niece will be in heaven! They really did need more space...its 4 bedrooms upstairs unfinished basement..They said they got a great deal on it...all of the bedrooms are bigger! I am very excited for my nieces...They are so excited! There will be a ton of work to do....but we all can and will pitch in when we can. Its only had 1 owner and is 50 years old the owners are in their 80s one is sick one has Alzheimer. There is a horse barn on the property...They have not decided if they want to fix that or take it down..The girls want it fixed to have horses...my sis hasn't decided what they will do yet.

The thing that I am excited about is the potential for family gatherings because of the space there is space for Campers and if they chose to fix the barn then they will put outlets in to support campers and put a bathroom out there...and we can have the gatherings of our aunts uncles and cousins that my sister and I grew up with...we are pretty central location for all cousins on both sides of our family...and it also has the space for me to stay with at my sisters for a change of scenery if I chose.

Late yesterday evening I went to go to the grocery store...and my neighbor was outside and invited me to a bonfire at another neighbors...its was so nice..I stayed out by the fire until after 10.

Paula about the Vera bradley purse it was white back ground with red yellow and blue paisley but I like a lot of the prints. I am mostly looking for a medium to large crossbody..

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I just made a note of that and will be on the lookout for something like it in the crossbody style. That is my WA daughter in laws's favorite style, too.

Chilly morning here: 56* outside! in my mind that is the perfect weather for Fall...
          Today church will be on tv. Church leaders will be broadcasting from Salt Lake and so I can sit at home and not think about what to wear or when to leave. Always nice.
          I posted a picture of my niece's baby onFacebook. If you can, please take a look at her. She is so cute even with her little tubes. The doctors will let her go home as soonas her surgery is healed and they will wait to do any more until she has is about 2. We are all so thankful that she is doing so well.
          I am going to pick up a crocheted dress I had a lady make for the baby. So cute! And I also am having her crochet me a hat that has ribbon woven through it and plan to change the ribbon color as needed. The ribbon is at the bottom of the hat...edge close to my forehead. I am such a bad description person!
          I order from Cheryl's Cookies for parties sometimes and I had a catalog that showed cute Halloween inspired cookie jars and decorated cookies. I ordered one for Spencer's family and they received it yesterday. They loved it! They are such Halloween people. And they have not had a cookie jar, so it was fun to get something that 1. I didn't have to mail and 2.the boys loved!
          I totally know (from experience) the cookies are only really good for non-bakers. Homemade are best! Donna, anything you make tops anything I have ever ordered, I know!
          A friend who has some serious health issues was saying on Facebook she wished she could find some eggnog so I searched some recipes and will try to make some today.
          Becky is making meatloaf and made a Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler that smelled wonderful while it was baking and looks so good this morning. Cant wait to eat when my mom comes over later today. Green beans and coleslaw and garlic breadsticks will round it out (and me, as well).
          Beth, the property and house your sister is getting sound great! I love family gatherings!
          Oh, one other exciting thing: middle grandson, Hal, was invited to his "first American birthday party" (his words) He had a great time at a laser tag party.
          Hope you all are well or getting there.
          Enjoy your day!

Comment

Good morning.
            The temps begin dropping and staying in the 80's for a while. Nice. 🌵 Autumn in the desert.
            Yesterday I did start decorating rocks with Halloween stickers, snakes, & bugs. Ellis seems to like the ones with snakes on them, so he just might set aside a few for himself. I have some I need to add color to, for backgrounds I guess. The rest will have wiggly eyes and maybe yarn "hair". I also need to get some clear acrylic spray to "set" everything on the rocks. (I want to make these rocks "worth stealing" or taking on Halloween.) I haven't crafted in quite a while. This is fun!!! I'm finding some very unusual rocks that I'm keeping in a basket. There has to be a lot of geographical history to them. The contents and stripes of various substances and colors must contain a story somehow about the history of the area.

Computer problems are definitely no fun. Sometimes my iPads slow down or stall when I get here...sometimes I just restart them and suddenly the iPad I'm using wakes up. My computer is so outdated that even E has trouble with it...I just don't use it any more. Of course he has a laptop. I may ask for one for myself....I stay with Apple products. No other brand has been "friendly" to me.

Cookie, your pies sound so good. My MIL used to make jams & preserves once or twice a year, I liked her strawberry rhubarb conserve best...it contained walnuts or pecans, chopped. Your talking about various pies reminds me of that.

Maye, the books with foul language aren't just written by men. Women authors are doing it more often now, too. It does not really add to the story. 🙄

Beth, change can be so nice. I'm glad your sister found a nice home at a good price and is close to you. Horses are a lot of work, and I'm told by one woman that it's better to learn to de-worm them every month yourself rather than calling out the vet to do it....it gets costly. It may be better for the girls to go to a riding stable and rent a horse occasionally for riding, instead.

Jostoy, hope your chore today isn't too hard on your back.

To everyone, have a good day.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

We did make it to the orchard yesterday and Andrew had a great time picking his bag of apples. I heard people commenting that the apples were not as sweet this year and I have found that to be so myself. The yellows were especially tart...but never fear, we managed to fill our bags! Picked up Kettle corn on the way out and then had a very nice sit down lunch in town. Sierra called and has a cold and her father was up and down all night snorting and coughing. He has a beauty of a cold! Cardinals are still alive and today is the last game of the regular season. We are still in line for a wildcard position! Nothing like going to very last game of the season! House needs a good vacuuming...this construction is bringing dust way back here and I am not going to wash windows until it settles...it is inside and outside! And we are not in the direct line of heavy machinery. No plans for today but watching baseball. Could make a pot of soup for the sick people...

Comment

Just zipping through. Everyone hang in there. Looks like most are doing well.

Comment

Hello Everyone..

Went to church..and took the day off..And cooking to..

I was this pic..And it is funny..
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Aloha all! Muggy overcast day today. Rain later, I hope.

Comment

Hi Nalani. I'll pretend we have the tail end of your rain cloud. It got overcast this afternoon, and about 3 pm we had a sprinkle of rain. Temps are in the mid 80's. We may or may not get more after sunset.
                      😄
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X