Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Sept 10

Good morning ...

no bright sunshine this morning.. dark and overcast. not raining but all is wet.. supposed to get nice later..
    much better for the spirit if the sun come out... of course Donna and I are sunshine people..

Mark has stopped in to chat already.. nice of him to come drink coffee on Sat and Sun mornings.

will let you all start posting and I will be back
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good Morning!

Yesterday was busy, but good. It was like Grand Central Station around here yesterday afternoon for a while. Baked lots of pies. Had to time everything just right to make sure certain pies were done in time for certain customers and it all worked out. Four of the pies were for a rehearsal dinner last night & the 20 doz cookies for the wedding. My cookies are only a small amt of the cookies that will be there today. Went to deliver Lew's birthday pie that his brother Greg ordered for him, and both brothers were are different hospitals with their wives. Very sad. Was relaxing watching TV & the restaurant called about 10pm and ordered a carrot cake & pie for today. She didn't think I'd answer so late & was embarrassed. I don't have a business line, so why wouldn't I answer? So I found my third wind and got the cake baked & ready to be iced this morning.

Got the pie in the oven and will get the cake iced as soon as I get off here. Pies for the stand are all bagged & ready to be delivered. Cork went to a local Estate Sale & I'll go later. Blaise was still sleeping. Then it's on to baking pies & more pies. Leftovers for dinner tonight.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning!

I am baking a ready-bought cobbler today, a coconut rum cake for church, and some cornbread dressing and I am already dreading it. LOL

Janet, so good to find you here this a.m.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

Good morning...Cori does not like storms...or loud ones anyways...I was awake with her for about 3 hours in the night...she came to bed with me just as the storms started and hogged the bed and told me about the storms...once they calmed down she left and let me sleep til 7..my sister will be here after bit...I am treating her to coffee..and I are taking Cori to the pet store for a nail trim...definately needs to be done...then I am meeting a group at the local flea market..may not buy anything but always fun to look. Then this afternoon I am getting a hair cut...apparently my girl has changed her schedule of when she will be at school...she is dropping to part time...its going to be harder for me to get in with her but still worth it.

Work yesterday went fast and was a little bit different for me...I worked all over the store pulling old clothes off the racks for recycling and straitening stuff..I asked to put the new shoes out that we had for sale...apparently they have a special way of doing shoes and I need to be trained...but they seemed happy that I stepped up and asked to help since the regular shoe girl wasn't there.

Comment

Well, folks, it is raining and has been raining. Beth that storm was a loud one! They don't usually wake me but this one was long and loud and bright! I am so sick of this constant rain. Instead of a new pedi maybe I should look into getting my toes webbed. Just hope this does not mess with the balloon glow this evening and it all clears up quickly. I have been looking forward to eating off the food truck.....and seeing the balloons glow too..of course. Did I tell you about the sessions the boys are having with spelling the last two weeks? They work every night on these words and it is testing one dads patience. I gotta admit, he does not raise his voice only makes it stern and they argue and Thursday night they sat in total silence and stared at each other for an hour because Drew was not going anywhere until he did spelling! Well, the gist of my story is; last week Andrew got an A+ on spelling...notice the '+' and we do not have this weeks back yet. He was happy and his dad was happy and I was happy and we sent a copy of the test to Sierra and she was happy. What a goofy family we are sending pictures of spelling tests. Jon let him get out some of the train cars they don't usually run and he was happy with his reward. It was a happy day! Did get the vac run and ended up fixing ham and mashed potatoes for supper. Today I have a huge load of towels but thank goodness the guest beds are clean because Scott is staying over. Wish I had a little get up and go...lots to be done. I thought I saw someone looking around so maybe the carpenter showed? That guy is a real sweetheart! One of the school chums from the lunch group called and lunch is Thursday. Then she told me she just had a heart attack. Boy I hated to hear that. She is one of my favs and I feel bad thinking I am bitching about not getting anything done and she has this health issue. She has a wonderful husband but they also have a 45 year old physically dependent son. She is a wonder! Life is not a fair thing and I will stop complaining and just get up and do something like a normal person. Maybe she was the boot I needed to get going. Some people flit through life and others sail and some get the brunt of it. And on that note have a happy and wonderful Saturday and hope some of you get some sun and others get this rotten rain. Scott had an earthquake yesterday morning in Sikeston MO..said he heard it more than felt it but they do get more than we do..a 3.2 I think..he thought a big truck was driving by and went to look because big trucks are forbidden on that street.

Comment

Good morning 🤗

I didn't get back to posting yesterday. Ended up staying at the Cancer Center an extra couple of hours. It was a weird day, and I certainly got my exercise there, going from lab to clinic to lab, to clinic, to cafe, to clinic....it it was just plain weird. I posted about that separately. When we got home, we were just plain tired, and I took a nap.
            My blood disorder has changed, and has a new name again. I'll have no treatments or new meds for "a while" of yet an undetermined length of time. But another doctor will be planning on my colostomy reversal. My oncologist is already planning on working around GD's wedding week. I hope this surgeon will also be as kind, even if it means surgery when we return from the wedding. I don't want to still be recuperating during the wedding.

Today I need to work on my closet. I've got shrunken clothing to discard. Stuff I won't be wearing again. If I've lost weight, do I take my dress pants to the tailor, or buy new ones??? Etc.
            Will have to go through my craft room next. So much stuff to discard, give away, whatever.

Cookie, you're a mystery on how you keep up with all the extra baking! Plus run your home.

Elaine, that cobbler sounds wonderful!

Beth, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well at your job!

Hi Maye, and all else who post today.

We've got a sunny day ahead, 68° now, and going up to 96°. 🌵
            Have a great day, everyone!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
              cookielady commented
              Editing a comment
              Jo...my house suffers. I'm not cooking dinners like I normally do or do as much cleaning. Thank God I have a wonderful husband who steps in and helps. He knows as well as I do, that this is only temporary. I don't think I could do this on a year around basis. I'd have to hire Sue for more hours, which isn't a bad thing. I'd like to think I'm doing well enough to help someone else earn an income. Having all my crusts pre-rolled has helped tremendously.

Good Saturday morning! It is going to be sunny and upper, upper 90's...and to think I bought a sweater the other night😊
            Pedicures for my mother and me today. And mowing the lawn. The usual shopping for groceries and two errands.
            My DIL's green card finally arrived and I will go to the PO and send it Priority to her. Another friend needs me to check on the sweaters at that shop and probably will want one. She is always cold and would get lots of use from one.
            Beth, you sound like you have found your job!
            Donna, I want to bake this weekend, I just don't want to eat ( well, really I do, that's the problem). so, I need someone to bake for and take to!
            I better get going. Maxie, tell that boy good job on the spelling test!
            Elaine, I am making a layered lemon dessert for church tomorrow. The one with the crust with nuts in it, then cream cheese and pudding layered on top...anytime I make something for church, I think of all you make and take.
            Have a good Saturday, everyone.
            I will be braving the Walmart crowds in just a bit!

Comment

Good morning, all. Sunny again. Wish I could send some to all you rained on folks but I'm not ready for rain yet although I've been thinking about it.

Trying to think of something for the potluck on Thursday. Need something make ahead as I have to go to a Dr. appointment that morning and have to take the Dial-a-ride bus.
              Found out this week that they have 10 buses running here and over 100 riders a day. This is a rural area and lots of retired people here as it is less expensive than the Bay Area.

No thunder storms here yet. Another odd weather item as we usually have them often in August and September.

Need coffee so will say bye for now.
              Find I'm drinking more coffee since I bought a Keurig.

Comment

Working...
              X