Sunday....Aug 21st Let's try again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday....Aug 21st Let's try again

I don't know why or how the other Sunday post is closed, but it is, so we'll start a new one.

Good Morning! Cloudy, but they say the clouds and rain are suppose to give way to sunshine this afternoon.

Yesterday was very busy, but good. When I went to drop off pies, Lew gave me 4 doz day old corn. Sure...just add that to my list of things to do. I called Aunt J to see if she wanted a couple doz to do herself, but that's when I found out about this rash & pain. I NAGGED her to go to Urgent Care to have it checked out. See...she's not the only one that can nag. So then I called my Mom and she sent my brother over for the corn. I baked 10 pies and Lew called around 2:30 wanting some more pies, so ran 4 down, Came how and made the bread ordered by a customer. She also ordered 2 pies, so after dinner I took her order & got it delivered since it was near Aldi's. Then went to Aldi's & Giant Eagle. Got that all unloaded & put away, then started in on making peach filling and baking 5 more peach pies. I did get the corn husk, but just put them in the refrig to do today.

Hey....I'm slower than I was last year. I just plod along slow but sure. Today is suppose to be my day off...we'll see.

This morning we went to church and then I came home and delivered the pies. Will do up that corn after I get off here and then putter my day away. Playing cards tonight at my SIL's place. My niece is home and she's going to be our 4th.

Oh...Kathy & Jimmy stopped yesterday and she told me they backed out of getting the refrig & stove they saw on Craigslist. Apparently a poor credit rating affects your utility deposit. Hmmmmm....who warned her of that? I knew her bad credit was going to come back & bite her some day, but ya can't tell them...well, you can tell them, but they don't listen.

Have a good one all!

Curious how the first Sunday thread got locked up.

Good morning. We are packing up to leave the hotel. Will meet a friend for breakfast, then drop off stuff to another DD enroute home.

Yesterday's bridal shower was a success. Fun. I played 2 games, but the rest were for younger adults.

It started raining a couple times yesterday. Not enough to keep any pavement wet, nor cool off the 100°+ heat.
    But it was nice to feel the sprinkled moisture on my face.

Well, need to get my support hose on, and I'm ready to go.

Have a beautiful Sunday!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I agree, Maye, how strangers become our friends. My hair and nail stylist is now a very good friend. And some in the grocery store have become friends, too, as we have talked over the years. That server is so fortunate to be able to make the choice to move.
      I am outside on the patio. It is 73* and so nice. The mountain areas around here have been about 10* hotter and heat advisories keep streaming messages across the bottom of my radio in the car. They tell you to check the back seat for children and pets before you get out of your car...
      Church then I am going to take on a shelf or two.
      Yesterday was a church yard sale that besides household items offered Indian Tacos (aka Navajo Tacos to me). Big rounds of fried bread dough with taco filings on top. I bought an extra one for a friend of Becky's. She has rheumatoid arthritis and is ha I got experimental chemo treatment for it to slow down the progress. Then did some errands for my mom and my friend whose son is in the hospital. I will run up there (30 miles north) today before I tackle the shelves. I remember when our daughter was in the hospital. It meant so much to us when friends came up to visit, no matter how long the visit was.
      Maxie, after reading all the supplies your guys needed for school I shouldn't have been so surprised to see the Huge bunch of items my grandkids in Maryland had to buy!
      Spencer and Nikki were pretty much in sticker shock! But the boys, all three, are registered and ready for tomorrow to start. Joe is going to Pre-K. He needs the most help with his English so I am really happy he will be in the regular school system with all the help available for him.
      Have a good day and do something nice for yourself along with all the things you do for others!

Comment

Good morning...I woke to find out that I have a day of complete nothing...My ride to small group is sick this morning...I need to work on figuring out who to call when I need a ride...need a back up..It will be nice to have a day of just laundry...I have a very busy week ahead...volunteering Tuesday...church Wednesday...group Thursday...as well as work every morning...so I will not complain about a day stuck at home.

The pic nic was great yesterday...mom and dad headed home after dad cut the grass...Daddy has a nasty cold...I found out about some more programs I may take part in....also am beginning to plan my first small group...we are going to tye die tshirts and have a fire in the fire pit roast hot dogs and marsh mellows..won't be happening until Oct..One of the girls I want to come fell last week and hurt her leg so I will wait for that to heal...and I have not completely decided who else I am going to invite...I have an idea but am limited by the number of people I can have in a small group and space..

Today will be spent reading and napping and preparing for my week.

Comment

Hi again. We arrived home about an hour ago.....in rain. Nice!

The wedding shower was nice. Fun. Everybody there called me "Grandma", most of whom I really didn't know.
          GD was very happy we came to Phx, and that I could be at her party. The way things stand with me now, I can only hope we can attend her wedding cruise.

E & I had a wonderful breakfast with our friend today. We ate and chatted for a good 2-hours. Then headed toward our last DD enroute home. My worst fear came true......when we arrived there, I got out of the car, and my pouch burst. I had the mess from my bra down to my support hose. I hadn't had any clue that would happen. Fortunately, I had a clean change of clothes in my suitcase, Ellis had my emergency pouch kit, and DD had a spare room where I didn't have to venture far to get my pouch changed.

Overall. It was a good day, and I'm tired.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X