Saturday Aug 20th It's the Weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Aug 20th It's the Weekend!

Good Morning! We actually have the sun rising here this morning that we can see!

Yesterday was good. A nice easy pace. Got pies delivered and almost all the ingredients/groceries to the church for today's cooking. Then home to start baking pies. Good thing I started early because about 3:30 Greg called & ask if I had any peach pies baked yet. So ran 4 of them down to the stand and one was out the door before I left because they were waiting on it. When he called I was just starting to fry the 72 hamburgers for tomorrow's dinner. Got them done then started re-baking peach pies. Made up the 4 he took and added 2 more. It's was leftovers for dinner last night. Was planning on swimming but then a storm rolled in and that nixed that idea.

This morning after delivering the pies, I'm heading to the church to help prepare a picnic meal for the homeless shelter our church is serving at tomorrow. I've never gone with them, but I've helped organize and prepare the meals. They requested picnic food, so we are serving hamburgers, mac salad, deviled eggs, baked beans, watermelon, and cookies. Coming home and start baking pies for tomorrow. Want to make the bread for an order too. The lady wants me to deliver it, so I'd like to do that when I go into Aldi's tomorrow. Nothing else exciting planned.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 08-20-2016, 06:33 AM.

good morning

now that I m tired after reading Donna''a day. ..... she is going to be so disappointed when the day comes the energy is not there.. David is so depressed because his strength and his back no longer let him do all the things he was used to doing ,, sawmill. mowing. fixing things.. But Donna has a few more good years.

I have had a bad week with "whatever it was " that got me to ER last week..I know what I don't have. but the Dr. opinion that it is probably a pulled muscle doesn't make sense to me.... what I am having ,is like spasms across my stomach. also have discovered a bunch of sore looking spots like bug bites???? I wonder, can shingles be spotty areas.. I did have the shingle shot. but there is always that 1% who get them anyhow... will go read Google.

slowed me down. but I did get my one little spot sorted. packed up and a few items in the wastebasket..

think I will try for a snooze. been up since 4am.

hello to all. be back later to read your news.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.

Janet, I am exhausted after reading Donna's post, as well. Super Woman!

Since the spots have appeared, perhaps you should visit the doctor again and he could get a better picture of what is going on.

The weekends are just like other days to us. The week all blends in together. LOL

More rain last night and very cloudy here, but that is OK by us.

Have a good day, Friends.

Comment

Good morning...was a bit home sick for my home town of Centralia yesterday because the hot air balloon festival is this week end and I couldn't get home for it..can't make it home for everything...will definately try to make it home for the one on October that I help crew for.

Today mom and daddy should be on their way here...we are going to get a together for my activity group today..and maybe getting groceries....tomarrow is small group with church...and groceries if we don't go today...
        work monday...Tuesday work and going to visit my volunteer site...mom and dad go home...Wednesday work and church...Thursday work and a group I have been asked to take part in...it will help me with my stress from work..Friday work...

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..No shine here..IT is cloudy and sticky..

It will rain tonight..I try to clean my basement..I have to take a break..Too much strain on the back...

I took out five bags of stuff...Some of it..Was empty coffee cans..

Need a vaction...lol...Not Miami...Key West...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning.
            E decided to do a bit of laundry yesterday, so we got a later start leaving....but it didn't matter, really. But I finally took my half dried sweater out of the drier and hung it behind my seat in the car. It was dry when we got to Phx. Our neighbor was very excited seeing me walking by myself, taking a few light things to the car. One of his beautiful rose bushes died, and he wants to replace it. He asked if I had liked that yellow rose, and I said I did!!!! So he said, for me he shall replace it with an identical bush! Isn't that so sweet?!!! We have the nicest neighbor's on that side. The other side neighbor's are nice when you see them, they say Hi, they bring misdelivered Mail, but don't communicate otherwise. I have no idea who all the neighbor's are up and down the block, as nobody is ever outside, that I can see. (But at Halloween they love us, and tell us so!)

Donna, when you get to Heaven, you'll think they stuck you in the wrong place. You'll be in the kitchen in charge of baking and cooking all kinds of new manna for the Angels. And we know kitchens get Hot! I can imagine God telling you....sorry about that A/C, but someone's coming to fix it.......

Driving to Phx was fun. I love acting like a "dumb blonde" stereotype. E was trying to get into the HOV lane, away from the trucks (which were out en force yesterday). I said, "We don't need no stinkin' HOV lane, we ain't got AIDS or nothin'."
            He started to correct me, then caught the joke and really cracked up. At another point, he said "Look, an IKEA .... I had an IKEA once....oh, that was an iDEA, not IKEA." In my best "blonde voice" I said, "You stupid or somethin'? An IKEA is one of them new, dangerous mosquitos! Stay away from those things!" Had him cracking up again. That's how our trips go. Reading vanity license plates, or trying to figure them out.

Anyway.... stopped at Applebee's. They had a Lighter Fare Shrimp & Wonton stir fry....they do not skimp on the shrimp, and I really couldn't finish it all. I did get the Triple Chocolate Meltdown (Chocolate Lava Cake, glorified in name only) which I also didn't finish. It was okay.

Today it's lunch with middle DD and whichever offsprings she chooses to bring. Afterwards E will drop me off at the bridal shower. Don't know how long that will last. Not sure if the guys are invited or not. E plans to browse the big Electronics store. He's hoping for a quiet dinner together when he picks me up.

I have no idea when he plans to get up. His usual 9 o'clock? I hope. I'm showered, "coiffed" (it turned out very nicely!), dressed, and wonder if breakfast will be a lost cause today. He doesn't sleep well at night, so he sleeps in, instead.
            But then I wake up 2-3 times during the night, but manage to fall asleep again. I wonder if he wakes worried about me? He's aware that yes, if I sleep on my back I have apnea (so if I'm making noises he's never sure whether to chance waking me up, or saying something, or what.......I remember the other night he told me to turn over. Sometimes he needs to push me over because I can't hear him. But if he's awake much, he does feel the lack of sleep.

Well, I'd better check my messages.

Hope you all have a great day/weekend!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              JoGee,I want to try one of those..That Lava cake..Really..Bummer...

One of my daughters likes to order a tiny meal, so she can have that big chocolate dessert! You'd love it with a scoop of ice cream.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thought I wrote this morning but guess I just read. Got home from my pedi late...almost 7:00 and the front grass had been cut. Andrew did a wonderful job of cutting and weed eating!! Then Jon tells me we are having company..Kate. I ask her why here to this boring place and she said better to be bored with company than alone. Even though she is in St.Louis we are less than an hour away and closest family. When she makes friends and develops a social circle we won't see her but for now we are enjoying it. Jon went out for burgers and we had a couple of drinks on the patio until the mosquitoes drove us in. They do not bother me and I haven't been bitten all season but Sierra and Kate are magnets to the little buggers. Like my dad if I get a bite it is gone in a few minutes. No all night scratching for me like some family members suffer. Andrew was here late then his mom picked him up..big birthday weekend for him. Suppose to rain all day but we have had sun and clouds just now moving in. Temps are dropping like a rock. 90s yesterday to 70s for tomorrow. Going to make for a cool pool party but we will all be there anyway. Exchanged Andrews shoes this morning and now in for the day. These were all he wanted and insisted on them but his mother made him wear them in the house and they hurt his heels. Now maybe he will check out the entire selection and not just that one pair of shoes. Buses are still so messed up...got a call from the school yesterday saying the buses would be 20 minutes late but they were already 30 minutes late when the call came in and it had run the route backward. Holy cow! that is way to long for kids to be on buses..one hour late yesterday and that is just the late time and not the time these kids normally sit on the bus. Hopefully that is taken of soon. Think I will look for lunch and a cup of coffee...We are leaving early tomorrow so I may not check in. Have a great weekend to all!!!

Comment

Aloha all! Hot and humid here. Wish I had 1/8 of Donna's energy. Sigh, it'll never happen.

Comment

Hi Nalani... glad I came in to see who was here ... love the cat picture SassyG... and be careful of your back!!!!.

another day at a dr. office for me.. a RECORD. . three different Dr.s , in 10 days... the ER.. for rattle and pain in chest.. then the pre planned trip to check on knees .. then today.. pain in side,chest. etc back .. and a rash had showed up.. being Sat. I went to FastCare. and I have shingles. .
                  so far rash looks mild but the stabbing jags of pain were too much... was advised to get to the FC. get meds started or the rash would get worse. so ... was great. did not go until 1.30. no one else there. see Dr.(lady) right away. prescribe med and pain med. knock myself out.. and get a bit of rest ... I did get the Shingle shot .so this should be a milder case..I sure hope so.... But I am getting very weary of this ..

....JoG ,Sharon, JoS..Val.,,Elaine, Donna, Justy. ,and any of you who have daily pain, and problems..you all deserve a golden crown for bearing it.
                  ....it is so wearing on the body and soul...

so will go look around ,see whats happening . and then get ready for bed. curl down with book. and maybe get some sleep tonight..

see you in the morning ..
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Oh, Maye, sorry about the shingles! I really hope the medicine and the shot keep it a very low and mild case, but it sounds like it really hurts.
                    I second all comments on Donna's energy and positive attitude about all that kitchen cooking and baking!
                    I got up and did errands for myself and my friend who was back up at the hospital today. Cleaned here ( but no drawers or shelves) but got all laundry and slipcover for the sofa. What I Really want is a new sofa...I need to see when furniture goes on sale...
                    This has been a good, easy going, hot day.
                    I will get here in the morning, promise.
                    I bought enough peaches to make a couple of pies, Donna! I bet all your pies from the different stands and restaurant would stretch from your house to mine!

Comment

Oh Maye, I'm sorry you have shingles. I do hope it's a short and milder case. Hope the meds do their job.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X