X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 20 th rise and shine

good morning .
    come on in .set .chat.. catch up. .

busy day with company.... we "girls" went visiting yesterday...

today is Mike and Pams wedding anniv... so later they will go out , alone, for dinner...
    I can catch up on my sleep .

post away folks..

Hi Justy!..
    Hi Paula

(((((((((((hugs for SassyGirl)))))))))
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 07-20-2016, 06:58 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning Maye and all to come. Nice rainy morning here. We have a heat advisory out for the next several days. This weather sure messes with my COPD but will cope one way or the other.

Great Granddaughter is doing a lot better now. Received the 3 outfits I ordered from JC Penny for her. No hurry to get them delivered as I ordered 12 mo. size.

Sons are here loading up a furnace and AC to be installed today at the Ford Dealership. Nothing much on my agenda but a load or 2 of laundry and to fix dinner. Main thing is my relaxing time going back to bed. Sure is helping keep the feet from swelling up like a balloon. That's my excuse to go back to bed anyway! lol

Comment

Good morning all.

Since Justy and I live in the same town, you know we had a little shower this morning. Guess what I was doing when it started....picking green beans. I wanted to get them picked before it got hot today. I thought about picking them last night. My plan was to put a porch chair across the rows so I wouldn't have to be bent over in 1 position. Well, a thunderstorm woke me at 12:30 this morning so I knew my "best laid plan of saving my back" was out. So I headed to the garden bare foot, as my feet would be easier to wash and clean off the mud, opposed to wearing shoes. It has been a long time since I've had mud between my toes. The squeeters weren't co-operating either. Guess I have sweet meet to dine on.

After getting back from picking up my new bike yesterday, I mowed my yard. Stepped on some mud in the back, and found myself laying on my side looking up at the push mower. As of this morning, it doesn't seem that I did any harm anywhere to my body. Then it was time to go to the country to mow. It took us a little over 2 hours to do the job out there. My yard and her's were both tall so couldn't go as fast as we usually go. The new grass and sod I laid for her has done great. In fact, the grass needs to be mowed as it is getting so tall. Can't get either rider in the areas and I couldn't get her push mower started even with starting fliud. I think it has died for good. It is time to put it to rest.

Time for me to think about some breakfast and get this day started. Everyone have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning! Garbage trucks are out and about. Our little dog is hiding in the bathroom...
        My bedroom is almost totally de cluttered. One side table needs papers filed or shredded and one bookcase needs organizing. I have to clear out books in the office bookcases and then I am moving the few books from my room to the office. I took my craft table out of my room and it will go to storage until I have the office done like I want.
        Swimming lessons yesterday were so good! The three kids went from " I don't want to jump in" to " my turn!" I take pictures and text them to the mothers. The main teacher brought a different lifeguard with her yesterday who was much better with kids. The other one was good, but seeing and hearing this second girl, I kept thinking, I hope you go into education. Both girls yesterday had such an ease with the kids. One, just turned 3 on the 10th. He is the most reluctant and they have got him to do everything each day.
        One of my school girls asked if we could have cucumbers with lemon juice and salt. I had never tried lemon juice on them, but I love it that way! Helped my afternoon snack attack, for sure.
        I better get going...treadmill time and then bathroom floor ( or vice versa).
        Hope your Wednesday gets you over the hump!

Comment

Good morning.. Yesterday was great... I went with my mom to see my granny. We took granny out for lunch and visited. Then we came home and I spent the evening with another friend. Today I am spending the day with my mother and have no plans for this evening..

Comment

OMG!! It has poured and poured here...the pool is over flowing and we have quite a flood. Looks like it is letting up....finally! How can so much rain fall in such a short time? Yesterday afternoon the front door opened and Drew came in to swim with no notice..I would have saved him food if I had know but he just ate leftover pizza and he and his dad jumped into the pool. It was a hot one and now we are paying for it with all the rain. Cardinal game postponed last night with storms coming in and we had a gully washer last night too. Might have known since I watered! My sister called last night and I will be staying longer next week to go with her and niece apartment hunting. Her house will go on the market next week and word is houses are selling quickly. Kate wants us to go with her and see places and ask questions. If we can handle lazy painters we can handle landlords! Things have moved so fast for her and I am happy to be a part of it. Guess that means I need to pack something other than my swim suit. Jon saw the doctor yesterday and has surgery Aug 2 for a hernia. That means I get to do all he heavy stuff around here for the next month...he has light duty at work until then. Another reason I was meant to be here I guess. Andrew is such a help when he has a mind to and when he is here...his sister not so much. Have stuffed peppers in the crock pot and need to clean up last nights track ins. Always a job to do! Could not get some of the things I wanted at out crappy walmart yesterday so still need to fill the grocery list of things to take Saturday. I bring in snacks and drinks etc. Hope this heat continues into next week!!! But I do not want to see any rain for the rest of the summer. Jon just texted to say they are flooded in Alton and streets impassible. Mother Nature can be such a beeach!!!!!!!

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday was pretty....not super hot & today is suppose to be more of the same.

Yesterday was good. The day just flew by. Spent the morning baking off the rest of the cookies and finished just in time to go pick up Blaise from VBS. We then went to my brother's house to get their mail & newspaper plus check on things. We were told we could have any cucumbers in their tiny garden...we got 4. Made cucumber salad with them for supper. Scooped up my niece's laundry. She works at a camp this summer and gets to come home Friday nights & go back Sunday right after church. She had off this week, but didn't get home until late Sunday. When she got up Monday morning, she headed straight out to the lake to vacation for the week with her family. Her camp laundry was still in the suitcase along with her bedding, so I brought it home & did it all up for her. I love my niece. One less thing she has to do when she gets home.

Came home and iced almost all the cookies. I did just enough of the sugar cookies for the baby shower order. She ordered 12 doz cookies & I'm making 6 different kinds all with some pink as part of it. The last cookie I'm going to make is a Raspberry Bar and drizzle some pink glaze on it. Made a nice dinner. Afterwards Blaise & I went swimming.

This morning after dropping Blaise off, I headed into town to shop at Aldi's and go to the bank. Think I'll mix up 2 more kinds of cookie dough. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I really need to do some paperwork.

Have a good one all!

Comment

back again , plans change we are going to dinner with Mike and Pam... and calling in to relatives who want to visit with them to stop in later this evening ...

Jostoy ... I am delighted to know you know Justy... now when she is "absent".. I can have you NAG her..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• jostoy
                  jostoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Didn't say I knew her...only that we live in the same town. Her sons have done the most of my plumbing work.

Good afternoon everyone..

Last min shopping...

Then my washer had to die on me..And washing rugs..Not fun..Lucky it was nice day out..lol..
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• cookielady
                  cookielady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you going to get it fixed or have to bite the bullet & buy a new one?

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No way...Now we have to bite the bullet and buy new one.
                  We have that washer about six year..

Good Late-Morning, everyone..........from my Chemo chair at the Cancer Center here in the middle of Tucson.
                Naturally, the lab is short one port tech, and running behind schedule ... even though we somehow got here an hour early (8a). Also, the doctors offices are running behind schedule as well, but I understand that (I used to be a patient who required extra time, too.). Other patients are in and out on a follow-up checkup.
                Today my blood levels are up, the ones that count, anyway, so they didn't have to delay my treatment this week. I am chemo'ing as I type this. (Is that a word?).

Yesterday was quite good, weather wise. As much clouds as sunshine during the day. As E was leaving to do a bit of grocery shopping, there was some really impressive thunder...you could also feel some of it though your body... E said there was lightning, too (which I couldn't see, but I had thevthoughtthat if there was lightning, it had to have hit something very close by). Then came a good rainfall. It probably lasted just half an hour, but it was certainly far better than nothing. I really missed the enjoyable experience when it stopped.

Today however, it's sunny with a few lazy white clouds drifting by. ☀️☁️ I won't complain. There's should be more days of 20%-chance days in the week ahead. It's the desert, after all.

No plans for the rest of the day, though I'd like to stop at the garden section of our hardware store, and any grocery store for some particular teas.

Justy, I'm glad to see you posting. Don't blink while you've got those baby clothes. Those babies grow so fast!
                Beth, sometime days with no plans are just what you need. Relaxing!!!
                Cookie, every time you talk about cookies, I think of his it's no contest between yours and the bought ones. Yours are the tops!
                Maxie, you've been super busy, too, in other ways. Those stuffed peppers sound so good!
                Sassy, sorry about your washer.
                Jostoy, it's a good thing mud is soft! 🤗
                Hi Maye, Paula, Elaine, Pat, & Nalani!

Gotta go. The nurse is fussing with my IV. I have 2 hrs to go, and might catch a tiny nap. 👋
                Last edited by JoGee; 07-20-2016, 02:19 PM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
                  cookielady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks...you're so sweet to say so. Yesterday I made & ice sugar cookies, choc chip, wafer sandwich cookies, macaroon kiss cookies, thumbprint cookies, and choc cherry nut cookies. Those last ones are to die for....a soft choc cookie with pecans & chopped maraschino cherries iced with a mild choc icing topped with some chp pecans & then drizzled with pink choc. They taste as good as they look. I just HAD to taste test one.

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me too...You know it could been alot worse..
              Working...
              X