Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, July 15

Good Morning.

Knee doc released me yesterday. Don't know how much longer I will do therapy, but my right knee bends at 140 and I want my left one to do the same, so I have a way to go (130 now.)

Yes, I do exercises at home, as well AND ride my bike.

Former neighbor brought a sackful of tomatoes yesterday. Could have kissed him.

I have eliminated a closetful of clothes this past couple of weeks, and I am SO happy about that. Can you believe that I had about 30 half slips? I packed them up, but I doubt anyone will want them since seethrough is now the thing. I doubt I will ever wear another dress.

Hope everyone has a good day. Super hot here.

Good Morning!

Yesterday was good. Took Blaise to the dentist and he ended up with 4 cavities. His teeth look gorgeous but all the cavities were btw his back molars that probably won't fall out for another 3-4 years. Bugger. Then went only Aldi's. Came home, unloaded & put away, then headed up to Grove City for lunch with Becca. It was my Mom's birthday and I took her along with Blaise & me. Puttered the afternoon away. Cooked a good dinner...meatloaf and several side dishes. Kathy & Jimmy joined us and loved dinner. Kathy is now appreciating her Mom's cooking. They took Blaise down to the pool after dinner.

Had a bit of scare last night while preparing dinner. Took a small jar from the microwave with liquid in it & it fell hitting the stove & splashing over my right side of my face & all over the floor. It hurt a bit and I put a cold cloth on it for a while and then some Aloe and Lavender oil. A couple hours later my face looked normal. Thank you Lord!

I think today's goal is to defrost and clean out all the freezers. I have 2 uprights & 1 chest then the 2 refrigerator freezers. While two of the large ones are defrosting, we are going to run to the bank & Giant Eagle. That may be the extent of my day.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 07-15-2016, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Cookie, I bet you were in a rush when you fell. Blaise is "counting" on you , so you have to slow down. Thankfully you weren't badly burned.

Got my injection yesterday. Went to the Bicycle Outfitters and bought me a new bike. One that I can sit on the seat and have my feet flat on the ground. Don't have my carrier here as I left it at the Lake last week, so I am having them hold it until 10th or 11th after I go back to the Lake next month. They were a big help in putting me on the right bike and they will switch the back wheel brake over to the left handle bar. Now I won't have to be afraid to go flying over the handle bars because I used the front wheel brake.

Then it was on to lunch which I ate at the Amish Restaurant. They give me the kid's price, so I don't mind not being able to eat a lot. Not all buffet places will let you eat on a kid's price. However, I think more of them are starting to acknowledge that Bariatric bypass people can't even eat what most kids can eat.

Time for me to get off here and go hand till my garden since it is only 67 out right now. Maybe with that temp I can do the job without having to change outfits when I get done.

Everyone have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning I have been to my sisters and am home now...needed to take my trash over there..and she was frantically looking for one of her pans...its not here...but I was nice and loaned her my good 9x13 with a lid will...will now watch good will for one for her...

Today is the day that my best friend and parents are coming..still need to finish up in the basement and my bedroom...and run to the store...will try to stay busy until they get here this afternoon..being busy will make the time go faster...

I will try to make it here this weekend but I am not making any promises..same with the week..I am headed to my parents for 4 days..

Mom and I have chosen a cat we want to see from an adoption website...the kitties foster mom says she is a sweet little tortie...not quiet a year old...she is beautiful in her pictures..her foster mom says she loves being petted so much that you will get tired before she is finished getting the attention...IF it works out and she is the one for me then she may be able to become a therapy kitty she will go with me 1 or 2 days a month to the adult day care that I volunteer at...I have decided to name her Coriander like the spice and call her Cori.

Comment

Good Morning, pretty sure that he is going to want to go to the store today, he got tiffed yesterday because we went to pick up my meds (that was his excuse) and stopped by Katie's. Girl we know was in there and said something about how much weight he has lost, she then told me "fed him lots of potatoes and noodles" so I told her that I fixed mashed potatoes and gravy the other night and he took maybe 2 bites, and he got mad because I said it. Guess he wants people to think that I'm not cooking. and so think "poor Kenny" . Am hoping that he will help me pull the big picnic table around to the front today, if he does I can put some stuff out tomorrow, if I do I"m sure he will pull the extra lawn mowers and snow blowers around. I know there are at least 2 lawn mowers that may sell. One is a big heavy one that was his Mom's, I just got to where I couldn't push it, so got a lighter weight one then he found one just like my "new" one at a yard sale and picked it up thinking that if need be it would be parts for mine, got it home and got it started and so for awhile we would work with 2 mowers to get the yard mowed. I plan on taking my mower with me, my sisters yard it all flat so I can probably mow most of hers if I need to.The 2 snowblowers both worked but we haven't had them out since getting the 4 wheel drive, haven't had so much snow that we couldn't get through it. Those things are going to need to go before he can get to his toolbox to get it out. He is keeping it but he shoved it to the back of the garage and now can't get to it. I have decided that I may just put price tags on most everyting, if it sells okay if not hope I have a way to take it with me since it's not stuff that my sister needs but stuff that she can put to use, picnic table and stuff like that.

JoGee, saw something on the news about a serial shooter in Phenonix, don't you have family there? If so pray they are all out of harms way

Comment

good morning

flying pass you all this morning .... this is "family from Colorado flying in today...'" day... so final cleaning is in process... a big juicy roast in crockkpot already... I will pop back in this afternoon and see what all you are doing .

Darla. when you start putting price tags on things... , they will go if you make it low.. my son buys things he doesn't need or want if the price is low.'

see you all later.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.
              I dragged myself out of bed at 7 o'clock. Had a colostomy bag malfunction in the middle of the he night sometime. E got up without complaint to help me with it. He's got the routine down to a science.
              So..... Today is Do-Nothing Friday for us. Yesterday we were on our feet so much, hither and thither at the Cancer Center, then out in the extreme heat. The best thing out of yesterday was my getting the extra exercise, and E's noticing that my walking has improved. My feet still feel odd, like my skin is too tight, but I'm functioning better. I focus on the plus side of things.

Today is scheduled to be pretty hot again. Monsoon rain may be near, forecasted in varying %'s from Sunday to Sunday. I'm trying to visualize a big downpour, and hope Mother Nature complies.

Elaine, it might be that those half slips will be used as skirts for some young ladies. I've seen it done here, and it's weird. Like see-through lace shorts, too.

Darla, yes, I have 3 kids in the Phoenix area, and one a bit south but more close to Indian territory. Also 6 grown grandkids, 5 with their own homes in that area, too.

I've heard about the several shootings in as many months up there. It looks like gang-related stuff to me, not that it's less worrisome than the big crowd killings around the country.
              Pictures of suspects look like low-IQ groups, often school drop-outs, are looking for their share of notoriety. Phoenix has become a rough city, and I hate to be on the roads there. You wouldn't believe all the infractions of driving that occur, and it's a given is that nearly everyone speeds...you almost have to. And AZ is a state where guns are "sacred" and there's no gun control to speak of. We'd like to see that changed.

Wishing everyone a great day!
              Last edited by JoGee; 07-15-2016, 10:00 AM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                We get several monsoon type rains a week...sometime every day. Wish we could trade off...I would love an entire rain free week. We have the hot and mix the rain in and it is a pretty humid life we live in Illinois! So glad you are moving around better. Be grateful for your E...he is one in a million!!

wrote a post and pushed a wrong button and now I have to rewrite something. boring around here with nothing but hot but cloudy skies today. Hoping for a hot and sunny day tomorrow since I will be pool sitting. Now I want a hot and sunny day but with my skin I sit in the shade drinking cool drinks all day....that is now my idea of pool life! Once the pool gets a shady spot I will get in...when you are a sun lover it is so hard to stay out of it but the sins of youth always catch up! Need to hit the pharmacy and refill the OTC decongestant that I have to sign for. Will use it with my allergy meds and see if I can get this headache and chest cough under control. Everyone you talk to around here is suffering with allergies...to much rain! Same-o same-o around here...Andrew called last night and ask what was for supper so he joined us. What a delight he is...his giggle just melts his heart and he was full of it yesterday. He will be 10 in a month and I hate to see that little darling grow up. So off to shower and see if my new haircut is really wash and wear like promised. Enjoy the day!

Comment

My air just clicked on! 8:18 and it is warmer than the 78* I have the thermostat set.
                Finally, a day with fewer kids.
                I have a new handyman coming to measure my bedroom for flooring. I want hardwood, but it may end up being laminate. The wood floors in this house are not the kind you want showing...
                So, my dogs are outside and I got up early to totally clean the floor in there. I got a text at 8:00 pm he had to come today and that got me an extra burst of energy last night to do something with boxes I had waiting to go to storage and donation. If I can just find a good place for my ironing board...I am still working on getting a things out of my closet and into storage (American Girl dolls) and donated ( why can't I just let it go?!) My mother brings me old things from her house " for someone you know" who needs ( a 70's style shirt!) and I can do for her what I have a hard time doing for myself: throw it away! Elaine, Maye, I need a gentle nudge in the direction of the donation dumpster!
                I hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Hello everyone..

I just say "HI...I am going through my mother things..And it was the first time for me...Some of it..Had price on it..And the wrapping on too..

I want to everyone..For all wishes..And the "HUG" too..It mean so much too me..thank-you..
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Maxie, yes E is! He's a real treasure.

Paula, I'm much the same way about getting rid of stuff. I gave away several bins of yard, but I have a few bins that I can't part with, yet. I've donated half my closet worth of clothes, and gave away a lot of the better stuff I loved but can't wear any more (only to find DD cut up good, expensive clothing to make her GD play clothes! Arrrrggghhh!). But I've got to go through more stuff again. I don't wear dresses any more, not when pant sets are more comfy and still look good. For now I wear muumuus a lot, of which I will probably keep 2-3 packed away "just in case of future needs".
                    But I also have items in cupboards that need reconsideration. I haven't gotten to items stored in the garage yet, either.

Sassy, welcome back! Love this kitten. Looks like the last one I had, which I loved the most!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• sassygirl01
                      sassygirl01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      JoGee,thank-you...Me too.....

The Great Grandbaby was released from Carle Hospital yesterday. Dr. thinks he has her lined out now. Sure hope so. I ordered her 3 outfits yesterday. I am getting 12 mo. size as I figure she has plenty of smaller sizes.

A rather slow day for me today. So, I gladly hopped back in bed for a couple hours this morning.

I have been invaded! Detest mice to begin with but haven't saw the first one yet. I know they threw a party and called the whole crew in Sat. night by the looks of my countertop when I got up Sunday morning, I have put out food for them (Decon) sure hope it works fast! YUCK!

Comment

Im back for another brief visit... the folks have landed in Pa. and will be here in an hour ... or sooner...

Justy... I HATE mice too.!....traps, Decon .and cat.... and then hunt that tiny hole that they got into the house!... not bothered much until Fall. but I sure hate them.. ( glad your Grand baby is home!)

SAssyG. You grabbed my heart with that picture.. I want another Baby Cat..

JoG.. I agree , you have a gem.. maybe I should hunt husband #2.??????? I swear as good a man as David is,,, I would starve if I ever broke a hip and was unable to get around.. maybe get a bit of toast or a sandwich from subway... and the house would come tumbling down.. HA HA HA.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                        sassygirl01 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maye,aww..Me too..But i only handle two...Three it is too much..

Justy, because my last GGD had a baby shower, I got one newborn outfit, 2 6-mo outfits, and at least 3 1 yr outfit. Along with a deluxe grooming kit, memory boxes (first tooth & lock of baby hair), a few soft toys, books, pacifiers, and teething toys. Delivered in a basket hat can hold the toys & such, or kept in the car for baby necessities (small blankie, a few toys, extra diapers or bibs or wipes for quick grabbing.

Maye, I was just very lucky. We met when we both were certain there'd be no new spouse in either of our lives. We both had very bad experiences. He got a divorce for his own reasons, I got mine after facing the barrel of a gun a year later. I moved back to MI. My lawyer boss in MI kept trying to set me up with men from the bar 30 floors below, and I got sick of it.
                      E visited his mom in MI and stopped by to see me, and he ended up spending his leave time with me more than her.....I was staying with my parents. One day he decided he didn't want me so far away for months at a time....so he called and proposed. A million questions passed through my mind in, apparently, a half a minute....seemed like much longer in my mind. But I admired his intelligence, that we shared the same kind of humor and music, and was impressed with his basic ethics and manners. And said yes. He always included my 4 kids in whatever was going on, and sincerely liked them.
                      Still, I had keep telling myself that I had til we were before the judge (my city's most unethical and dishonest man - the Mayor), and could still say No. But I didn't say no.
                      He was being sent to another base that weekend, flew in Friday night; so we got married on a Saturday morning at the City Hall, went out with our parents that afternoon for a big Italian meal. Afterwards we loaded up a UHaul truck and headed out on Sunday, managed to get as far as Hattiesburg in the middle of the night where our truck broke down, a policeman came to help but there were no streetlights and his flashlight had dead batteries. Got us resituated in my hatchback, two kids sprawled out over a tv and a toaster oven, one in my lap, and one straddling the armrest and gearshift, as the car was fully packed, too. Managed to get to Gulfport about 4 a.m., E managed to get us in guest housing right away, had to get signed in to his unit by 7 a.m. And just made it. Got base housing in two days and the truck towed to our driveway. What an adventure!
                      Basically it was the beginning of a lot of really good luck for all of us. I wish I could have met him the first time around.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X