Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 4th July

Good morning everyone

I want to wish everyone ..A happy 4th..And be safe..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good Morning, and Happy Independence Day to Everyone. :

sassy, the rose is magnificent! Wow! Thank you.

Today is supposed to be about hot dogs and ribs, but we've already had that so we are doing Chinese today. John loves egg rolls, and I do, too.
    Have everything ready to begin a lemon pie, so better get busy. I have fallen in love with making cookie crumb crusts. LOL

Have a lovely day, Everyone.

Comment

Good Morning, not going to do anything today, mowed grass yesterday and am hurting all over. Started with the hill this time so got the entire yard mowed before getting wore out. Today is my brothers 64th birthday, so will try to call him later on.

Beth the fireworks are probably louder in MO than in IL. because they are legal in MO so people are shooting off larger stuff without fear of getting fined. I think that there are some that are allowed in IL but nothing like what are allowed in MO or IN.

Donna, I'm kind of with JoGee about letting the neighbor bring the dog over and introducing it to Blaise. I do understand his fear but if he can learn that not all dogs are bad he will be better off as he gets older. A friends son was terrified of dogs and it made life very hard for him to play ball or basically anything that was done at the park, Every time he saw a dog he got hysterical and one of them would have to take him to the car, they couldn't go to family functions since family members had dogs.

Comment

Good morning! Happy 4th!!! No plans today other that possibly going to get a frozen pizza and possibly riding over to take care of the animals...I thought that I would need to work on getting my stuff set up for crafts tomarrow at the center...well the original idea wouldn't work so I had to come up with something different...They will be painting with straws...we put a bit of paint of their papers and they blow on it to make a design....its not what I wanted to originally wanted to do didn't work once I modified it.

The bird doesn't seem to want to be held or anything today...

Comment

Good morning, and Happy Independence Day!
          Sassy, what a beautiful "American Rose"! Thank you.

I'm surprised that we haven't heard any fireworks or gunshots this weekend. Fireworks are illegal here, but it hasn't stopped people in the past.
          Where they are legal, you can buy pre-packaged "kits" of assorted fireworks. They don't include the very "big" fireworks.
          I'm not too sure where they find those. However, even these kits might contain imperfect ones. When we were in WA, our SIL & neighbor's all had kits. They took turns setting them off, so there was constant sparkling lights. Everyone had the safety precautions (Big buckets of water for used fireworks, and proper disposal). Nonetheless, SIL was hit in the face by a rogue mini Roman candle. His face was "saved" by his glasses, and his barber managed to disguise where it singed just above his temple. At that point, everyone else sent their little kids indoors, and they disposed of all remaining fireworks. No one there does fireworks any more, except the neighbor's behind DD who buy the big stuff, and it all lands in her backyard and on her roof.

No plans today for us. Just relaxing. Maybe a simple dinner of hot dogs tonight.

Have a safe holiday. 🎉
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! We weren't suppose have any sun today, but we do.

Yesterday was good. Came home from church and made up the chicken salad for Becca to take back with her along with a few other items. Just kept puttering around. Did slip in a power nap. Late afternoon Blaise & I went to a friend's 50th BD party for dinner then slipped out of there and went to my cousin Karen's for dessert and to celebrate with them. There was one other little boy there and the two of them had a good time together.

Today we have no plans as far as getting together with anyone or going anywhere. Just trying to organize & clean ignored areas. Currently I'm preparing two pies for my friend Lori who will be picking them up in the early afternoon. Her SIL lives just a few hundred feet past our back driveway. I had planned to rest today, but Cork has us going full force, at least for this morning. I'm a slow but sure person.

Have a wonderful 4th of July! Sassy...lovely pic...thank you.

Comment

Happy 4th! Beautiful day expected here, upper 90's, and that really makes a difference!
              I have been to the grocery store for the things I needed for the salad and then decided to take regular do nuts ( not the Hostess ones) for the girls going off to camp. The doughnut shop had some with flag frosting, so I had three included in the dozen. I took a dozen for the family whose home they are all meeting at, since they have adult sons and the dad is a retired Marine who fought in Desert Storm.
              Sassy, I love your American beauty rose! Hope you have a wonderful day!
              Elaine, hot dogs or egg rolls, who cares? Celebrating with the one you love in your home!
              I hope you all have a great day, stay safe and enjoy the Freedom we have in this great country of ours!

Comment

Morning all Happy Independence Day!

Our family cook-out yesterday evening was a smashing success. The sangria turned out excellent - Chris drank the most of it and got a little tipsy - he was pretty funny.

Today - no big plans. Think I'll put on a pot of spaghetti sauce. I'm paying for sitting out in the heat last night with a sinus headache today, so will take it pretty easy.

Donna - wish you'd taken pix of that America cake. Where can I buy the squeeze bottles you need to make it? I think that cake done in pastel colors would be great for Easter. Or in red, white, and green for Christmas.

So I'm off to the shower - hoping the steam will help my headache.

Y'all have a good 'un!
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• cookielady
                  cookielady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's what I was thinking Pat! I got mine at Mary's Cakes store which sells all kinds of pans, decorating items & such. I bet WM might even have them. At one point I was looking for those red & yellow bottles that you can fill & have out on a picnic table containing ketchup & mustard. They'd work if you can find them. I was evening thinking it would be cute for baby showers. How about cupcakes done like that?

good late morning

waiting on karen to pick me up.. we are picking grandson David up in Pittsb.. the Furry convention is over.. he will be at my house an extra day or two.. before heading home to myrtle Beach....today we eat leftovers..... Picnic Sat .and fireworks... Sun.. more good food and desserts ..
                so I brought home some left overs . mainly for young David to eat. so I don't have to cook. ...

SassyG.. what a beautiful tribute to 4th of july... thank you!..

a quick Hi to you all.... its almost time to grab purse and get moving ...
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I want to say to everyone..

Thank-you..It is one beautiful rose..

And you all right..It is a great tribute......

Comment

Happy fourth all!

Jo, heard on the news that they arrested a terrorist in Tucson!

We will have a typical 4th of July dinner but before that there will be a cherry spitting contest so think I'll go down and watch that. I think I am the only one who hung out the American flag from my Patio.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Apparently so; before he could so anything. Here's the article.

"The Arizona Attorney General's office confirmed Saturday that the FBI had arrested a man Friday afternoon in Tucson for planning to commit terror acts against government buildings in Maricopa and Pima counties.

Mahin Khan, who turned 18 in June, faces one charge of conspiracy to commit terrorism and another charge related to terrorism.

Mia Garcia with the attorney general's office said Khan had his initial court appearance Saturday morning and he's being held without bond.

Khan's court record is sealed, but Garcia said the attorney general's office expects a judge to unseal the records this week.

The office said it was not aware of any threats by Khan related to July 4 celebrations.

According to KVOA, Khan attended Catalina Foothills High School in Tucson for three months in 2013, after which his parents pulled him out to avoid disciplinary action for behavioral issues.

The district told KVOA it doesn't know where Khan went to school after that.

Copyright 2016 KPNX"
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X