Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ July 3rd

Morning all

If I'm not mistaken, today is Aunt Maye and Uncle Dave's anniversary. Am I right? If so, Happy Anniversary!

Well, I survived another huge check-in Saturday for July 4th weekend. We were slammed all day. And since we couldn't get out to go to lunch because of traffic, the boss ordered pizza for us and paid for it. YAY!

So I'm off today and tomorrow - we are having family over tonight and grilling hot dogs. Keeping it simple. BUT, I am making this: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/carolina-peach-sangria. Just walking by the peaches in the produce section in Publix almost makes me swoon!

Donna - how did that America cake turn out? Was it as cool as the video?

No big plans for the Fourth - we shall play it by ear and see what happens.

I hope whatever you're doing and wherever you're going, you have a safe and happy Independence Day!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning everyone...
    Rise and shine..

Pat:..I want to wish them a Happy Anniversary...

Not big eatither on the fourth...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Got the chemical spread yesterday for my friend in the country. It's suppose to rain 2-3 inches today and tomorrow. It is presently raining and it's been a slow rain so far. The kind that gets to soak in rather than run off into the gutters. They are predicting possible flooding later. This rain will do her grass seeding and chemical great. It will take the chemical down into the ground where it can do it's job of killing the grub worms that the moles eat.

Today is S.S. and Church. Yesterday afternoon, I got a new perm. The first I'd had in 1 1/2 years. Didn't realize that it had been that long, but knew I was getting tired of the straight flat hair I was toting around. Will see how long it takes for my hair to start falling out again.

Pat, hot dogs are my favorite grilled foods. In fact I eat them anyway they can be fixed. I even eat them for breakfast with an egg. I cut them in half and fry them for my meat.

Everyone have a fun and safe 4th.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning. If you get a chance, check the change I made in the Kitchen. Want to make sure it is OK with everyone.

sassy, love the catpic.

Pat, glad you have some downtime.

Jo, we went years without eating a hot dog. We used to served them when we worked the football concession stand, and I guess we just got tired of looking at them.
        Anyway, last year we bought some and have them now every once in a while. Tomorrow in fact. (Buy 1, get 1 free).

Had ribs, baked beans, coleslaw, garden-fresh tomatoes and cantelope for company yesterday. They consumed it all. Even made a pie with a homemade cookie crumb crust.
        Good to know I can still cook when needed. We did have fun.

Hope you all have a beautiful day today. Hot and muggy here (and dry).

Comment

Good morning...Bible Study this morning...I am looking forward to it..I need to be around people! I think I might be getting a bit depressed....so sick of not working!! So sick of not knowing until Thursday before that I am not working...that doesn't let me make any type of plans...

I think the bird has decided she does not like me...she has taken to biting my fingers any time I put them in the cage...

I am sleeping a lot more than normal right now as well. Sleep eat and watch tv...thats my life..

Comment

Good Morning. I'm hoping that I can get him to go out to the garage and bring my line for my weed eater in. He did bring my weed eater in but when I checked the string it is out so still can't use it. I don't dare try to go in the garage on my own any more, it's like a mine field and I can't step up and over things without something to hang on to. I can just see me falling and breaking my neck and the paramedics trying to get to me to get me out.
            Brought Fred in for a bit last night because of the fireworks, kept him on his leash and had him sitting in the recliner with me, he did fine until he heard Kenny and then naturally he wanted to get to him. Told him if he didn't lay down and be good he was going out and about that time a big boomer went off, he laid down and put his head on my knee. Once the fireworks had almost stopped (well the ones close to us) he decided that he wanted out again. I don't know what kind they were setting off but some of them were rattling the windows. I just don't understand how people afford them, of course they are probably the same ones who are in line for every "free" thing that is given out around here. Or the ones standing on the street begging money, heck we even have them coming door to door now with the story "I need to feed my kids" Some come when it is pretty much dark and want to mow grass or do odd jobs, or when it's raining and there is no way for them to mow at that time.

Comment

• bethina
              bethina commented
              Editing a comment
              Determined my nieces bird that I am keeping right now does not like the fire works. They start setting them off around 8 and don't stop until after 10. Its been like that the last 2 nights. I don't remember them being this loud in IL

Good Morning! Happy Anniversary Aunt J!

Yesterday was exhausting and now I need a nap. We were up early to go get Blaise at camp and didn't get home until almost 12:30 I think. Sorted him clothes and got them washed & dried. STINKY & damp. I washed every item, including his pillow.

I suggested we go pick the black raspberries around here, which he gladly came with me. The first one injured was me. I stepped off the retaining wall when I was backing up and fell straight now. Got a few cuts & bruises and hurt the back of my one leg. But we continued on. We were picking along the backside of the woods in front of our neighbor's and I told Blaise not to round the corner because he'd be in their yard then. Well he did and their huge white fluffy dog to bounding & barking at him. He's PETRIFIED of big dogs, so of course he starts running & screaming towards me. I went to grab him up and the dog grabbed him back. The lady came running and wrestled him down and we got out of there. Blaise was crying hysterically. His stomach & back both got scratched and he was hurting. Added two more Band Aids to his collection that he came home with from camp. Poor thing. The guy did come over to check on him. He said the dog normally doesn't do that, but was protecting his property & his daughter. He said he'll bring Jack over when he's calm and Blaise can meeting him....that will NEVER EVER HAPPEN! Blaise was attacked twice by a friend's big dog, so now Blaise is petrified of big dogs.

Went to my cousin Karen's for their 4th of July picnic. Great food, even better company, and lots of laughs. They actually hire someone to come in & put the fireworks off. Bill use to do it, but the older teens/young men were wanting to help and I think it was an accident waiting to happen. Now the young people climb out on their roof and watch the fireworks from there. Helped Karen clean up a bit, then came home.

This morning we went to church & then stopped at the flea market on the way home. I purchased a couple dozen clear glass plates for $3 and I use them to plate cookies I sell or give away. I also got a bundt pan & a angel food cake pan for Becca. Now she can make her own monkey bread. While we were at the picnic, I had a whole chicken cooking in the crock pot so that I can make a batch of chicken salad and send some back with Becca. A friend's wife is throwing him a 50th BD party later this afternoon, so we'll pop over there for a bit. A nap is definitely in my future.

Have a good one all!

Oh Pat....the cake turned out just like the picture. I'll definitely do it again and maybe use other colors for other occasions.

Comment

good Morning ..

from one tired old lady.... I'm tired because I refuse just to set down and wait for people to come to me... I was up outside steps and inside steps so many times.. my knees are telling me about it this morning .... Karen and Bill sure had a great day to have a big gathering ... the sweetest part was all those young people... the 16,19 and 21 yr old crowd... plus relatives with little ones.. goooood food galore... yes Pat, the cake was so pretty!!. ......I spend a lot of time with a young lady ,Jaye, who had been one of Karens best friends and who's mother had been my very best "girl friend"... Jaye had her husband, His parents and Jaye's two teen age children.. the live in Colorado ..we did catch up and remembering times... .. so in a way I missed talking and greeting a lot of other friends and folks......
              ..... Yes it is our 65th anniversary... seems impossible... but here we are ..... nothing special planned. we are going back to Karens to celebrate granddaughter 16th birthday... this is our baby grandchild.. this evening .. more food... maybe just set down this evening ...

Love the kitty Sassygirl!!!!

Elaine, what a wonderful meal...

Jostoy... My hubby likes hot dogs fried like that too... don't think I ever did them for breakfast ..but he would eat them if I would fix them..

I bought some real cheap on sale hot dogs to give as treat to the feral cat ... and he would not eat them...

I'm being page by Himself. see you all later.
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Rain rain rain...do not even have to look out to know it is a holiday nightmare out there. Never left the 60s here yesterday. Have chicken breast in the crock pot with BB sauce since Sierra is coming by this afternoon. Need to keep the laundry caught up since I am leaving Monday evening for a week in KC. My sister will paint a bedroom and keep the contractors in line and I will do whatever running the knee allows. Will not be the guy running for supplies because I know nothing about Kansas City....think I'll take a book...certainly not packing anything but everyday clothes. I am looking forward to being gone for a week but I am also a lover of my own bed and habits. With all the rain I have stayed inside and did finally run the vacuum. Started a load of towels but never went back to switch them over. The longer the weather stays nasty the lazier I get. Did get up and reheat the pasta dish I found and then Jon and I decided to pitch it out and he ate left over stew and I had a couple of cookies. He is like his dad in a lot of ways and does not complain about food. However, we do differ in our fast food..he likes Subway and I want McDonalds or Steak and Shake but we do eat what the other brings in without complaint. Already the lack of sun is weighing me down...How do I survive winter if a couple of days of rain and cold get me down in the summer? Have a great Fourth everyone if I do not get back tomorrow have a great week. Why am I screaming for hot and sun in July I'd like to know?

Comment

Good morning...
                  I think we're back to normal temps here. For the week it'll be around 100°, give or take one or two degrees. One way or another. It's a beautiful sunny day. I wish the rains would soak into the ground here....but our ground is caliche -- hard clay.

No plans here for the 4th. We don't do crowds. I miss the Boston Pops on TV, since their music would be synched with the fireworks. We're not crazy about the teenage music ( mostly yelling and unpleasant noise) that they play for big holidays either. We like traditional.

Cookie, my uncle taught me not to be afraid of his big German shepards. I'd been bitten by a small fluffy dog when I was small and that scared me, too. One day, I was 13 or 14 I think, I had to go buy cigarettes for my dad, and a block from my house the people had Dobermans.Guard dogs, supposedly. They were sitting on the front walk, unleashed. Using uncle's techniques, I walked past them easily, unharmed. I felt so good. The man came outside and yelled at me that those dogs will tear a person to shreds.
                  I turned and calmly told him that those dogs were unattended on public property. If I was harmed in any way, those dogs would be killed and my parents could sue them for every last cent they had. The guy shut up, looked really sick then, and collected his dogs. My cousin chose to walk on the other side of the street anyway. We took another route home.
                  My cousin told our uncle about it, and he said I did a very stupid thing. I disagreed, since the techniques worked. But I never did that again, and I'm still afraid of big dogs.
                  My GD and her SO bought a puppy. Cute now. But it's a Mastiff. When it's grown, I probably won't visit her home much. But then they like to take their dog every place. I hope they never bring him here. I think it's the biggest dog (when grown) that I've ever seen. The people who had one, it took up 1/3 of their living room.
                  Cookie, dogs "smell fear". If your neighbor can settle his fears, let him attempt to get Blaise used to the dog. I think it would be worth it. Meanwhile, assure Blaise that it'll be all right.

Cute kitty, Sassy.

Beth, take some deep breaths of fresh air. Have lunch outside. That should perk up the day some and get rid of your doldrums.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MAYE & DAVE ❣

Have a beautiful holiday weekend, friends.
                  Last edited by JoGee; 07-03-2016, 12:04 PM.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning! I got up and went swimming while I put water in the pool. In these high temperatures it sure evaporates about an inch or so every few days. No leak, just the sun.
                    I love how the tv stand Becky is doing is looking. We are using a glass coffee table for our TV and DVD player and All cords show. Yuck. Painted a flat black took the cabinet out of the mid century era and brought it into the trending now era.
                    I started cleaning the fireplace bricks while watching The American President and thought I would just have it on for company while I did " a little dusting." Which turned into taking Everything off the mantel and cleaning it up. So much dust! I hand washed the decorative scarf I had up there with my florals, and today I noticed you don't even notice it, it is such a lighter color! Now, as I keep glancing over there, I am thinking I need More add some texture, color ( more small white hydrangeas), to make up for the dusty scarf that isn't dusty anymore.
                    I will be making the corn pudding that Maye posted, which is what I use in my layered cornbread salad.
                    Happy Anniversary, Janet and David! 65 years is such an awesome testament to love, cooperation and patience!
                    Church and then making up some gift bags for the girls who are going to camp this week. One of the leaders is going, and another is going to work in the kitchen. All the kitchen workers had to take some food prep classes the state now requires. I have gone as a camp counselor, instructor, and 4 years as Director. But happy to send others off and write notes and goodies. The camp is three hours away.
                    Elaine, I will check the Kitchen and hope to see your pie and cookie crust recipe.
                    Pat, Red Havens are in here, and are freestone peaches. They are so pretty in anything you use them. I love them in jam!
                    Cute kitty, sassy!
                    All the cooking you all are doing sounds great! Hot dogs and burgers are on my list. And I bought good buns! My friend who is doing a food truck just added Coney dogs.
                    So I have been seeing her pictures and wanting yummy hot dogs.
                    Take care, All and have a good day!

Comment

Aloha all!

Happy Anniversary, Maye and Dave! What a great way to celebrate with so much family there.

I'll have to go check on Donna's cake

Took my son to the mall yesterday and got him two pairs of shoes which he badly needed and we ate at the food court. He chose to stay at the mall and I cam back home. It was a VERY windy day, the kind that you have to grip the steering wheel hard to keep from swerving, and I notice smoke over Maaliea way. It turned out to be a massive fire for Maui and burned over 6000 acres. I don't think they have it under control yet, but at least the wind isn't blowing so hard. No lives lost but the road between central Maui and Lahaina was closed and they had to open up shelters for people caught on one side or the other. I'm sure lots of tourists missed the flights to the mainland.

Not much going on here today. In fact quite boring.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X