X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuesday 28..June.

good morning everyone

Rise and shine.

This what my cat would do...lol...This looked like my cat..

We got the strom last night..

to day will will be vacuuming to day...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday turned out to be a restful one. Little work was done around here.

Today...a trip to T.H. to return a sewer hose holder that I couldn't use at the camper. It wasn't high enough to support the sewer hose as the camper sits on a concrete slab. So will return that then go on into T.H. to get some other things. Then it will be home to mow in the country. Should be nice out today as it's suppose to be about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday. In fact for the next week it's to be cooler running in mid 80's. Without the humidity, it should be nice. Maybe I can work without having to make a change of clothing in the middle of the day.

Hope Sharon checks in to let us know how her "vacation" is going. Know she is enjoying those little girls.

Everyone have a great day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning, was going to crawl back in bed for a bit but looked at the clock and he wants to be out at the hospital at 8an to be the first in line to get some sort of scan for his lungs, I thought the Dr said Pet scan but the script says CT. Then hope to get him to stop so I can drop the script for the quad cane off at the medical supply place so they can do the paperwork to get the cane.
      Must have had a pretty bad sugar drop night before last (truthfully I thought it was a nightmare). Kenny said he knew I got up to go to the bathroom, and went to the recliner, which I do when I'm having leg cramps and can't get comfy in bed. Anyhow when he got up to go, he found me in the bathroom floor, I really don't remember a whole lot but in my nightmare I had fallen and couldn't get up, I remember him trying to get me up, asking if he needed to call an ambulance and me telling him no, bits and pieces of him trying to help me up, and him sitting in the shower chair in the hall. Somehow I ended up in the hall and got on my feet, he lead me to the bed and put me in it. Said he didn't even think about my BS until later or he would have given me a piece of hard candy. Told him that if I was that out of it to get a small glass of milk, put some sugar in it to give me. That I would choke to death on hard candy. I do remember him reaching over and touching my arm all the time once I was in bed, he said he was up for 3 hours before getting me to bed, and from the number of cigarette butts in the toilet stool it may have been, that or he was chain smoking. When I got up in the morning my level was a 71, still low but it had to have been lower, since 71 I don't loose control and am able to get something myself to bring it up. Felt like crud all day and spent most of it in the recliner. So I showed him how to use the meter again and what to do if it happens again. I know that last night he kept reaching over and touching me. Have a Dr appt. at 10:45 this morning, going to make sure he really listens to what I'm saying, when I told him before that my sugar was going wonky, didn't know if it was the stress or what, It was high when I got up, but when I went into the office it was low,, so his answer was to increase my nighttime insulin. I have been adjusting my dose for a long time depending on what my sugar is when I check it at bedtime, and have had a few low mornings and a few high ones, but usually it's in the range.
      The lawyer is supposed to call him today about the house situation other than that he really has done nothing about it, keeps talking about what he needs to do to the truck (put a couple of things back on the dash that he had to take off when he was fixing it)) but that is all he has done is talk.

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        That happened to me back in February and it scared the crap out of everyone. I was told I ask Cork for help while sitting on the edge of the bed and then next thing I remember is him feeding me pineapple I had cut up. I felt like crap the rest of the day too. My new doctor has been tweaking my insulin and I feel so much better. I hope they can help you too, but stress will monkey with your level too and you are under tons of it now. ((((Darla)))

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Darla, stomp on that Dr.'s toes....that will make him sit and listen to you.

• Pat B
        Pat B commented
        Editing a comment
        Darla - that's scary business. Glad you're okay.

Good Morning.

Hi sassy! Hi Darla! So glad you are OK after that scare. Hi Jo!!

We are off to Dallas at 7:30 for an eye doc appointment for me - annual. Niece and nephew are taking us.

It is John's 88th birthday!

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        LadyBug,We are "OK" thank-you..Even the furbabies too..

• determined
        determined commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Birthday John

• Nalani
        Nalani commented
        Editing a comment
        A very Happy Birthday, John!

Good Morning! It's suppose to be a bit cooler here too.

Yesterday was the first day w/o Blaise and it was a tiny bit weird, but I got things done w/o having to stop. Thurs SEARS is coming to do the yearly maintenance check on the refrig, stove, & water softener that we bought from them last year. So I started cleaning the refrig and put the oven on self cleaning. I still need to do a bit more on both of them. Made bbq shredded pork & cheesy potatoes for supper. Sent some of each back with Becca. She left after supper. I had cooked a whole chicken and made chicken salad out of most of it. Both are being served today. I'm hosting a ladies day here at the pool at noontime. There will be 6 or 7 of us I think. No little kids to slash us.

This morning I'm going to give the house a quick slap & tickle cleaning just in case someone comes inside. Then I'm heading to Aldi's to pick up a few groceries, including fresh buns for our sandwiches. Going to make broccoli salad too. The afternoon will be spent at the pool...trying not to get burnt.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        About time you take a break and do something for relaxation. Enjoy the "day out" with the "girls" !!!

Good morning..I am not awake all the way yet...got a text from my brother inlaw he will be picking me up at exactly 8:00 instead of 830. Cutting into my sleep by 45 minutes...oh well....seems that when I have to be up early I don't want to be up but when I have no reason for getting up I am up at 6.

My nieces bird got her wings clipped yesterday...making her a lot easier to handle...I will be pet sitting next week for 3 cats a bird and a snake. They are going on vacation going to Yellow stone and out that way. The bird will come here and live and the other animals will stay at my sisters and I will check on them every other day. I am doing this in hopes that when I get my cat she will remember that I took care of their animals when I want to go away for a few days and will check in on my kitty. I should be getting my kitty when I go to my parents in July. I want her to have her front claws taken out and its much cheaper in IL. by about 150.00. So she will get that done before she comes home with me.

Today I am volunteering until 1230. My sis is picking me up so I can go play with Maxine the bird...so that maybe when I have her I can let her out of her cage some.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
        Still having colostomy digestive problems; the ache from Saturday's 15 hours of cramping pain is still with me, just not as bad. This has to pass before long.
        Yesterday's "20% chance of rain" was about 10 minutes of serious thunder, and that was it! Today is supposed to be 99°, and down to the mid-80's by Friday. I can't believe this weather.

Sassy, what a darling kitten! Can I keep her?
        Jostoy, you put me to shame....you're just too busy.
        Elaine, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOHN from us !
        Darla, glad you're okay after all that.
        Cookie, enjoy your day.
        Pat, how did you pamper yourself yesterday?
        Maye, it's a good day for reading here.

To everyone.....just have a great day, whatever you're doing.

🌵

Hi Beth....we were typing together today. 😄
        Last edited by JoGee; 06-28-2016, 07:54 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee,He is cute.."YES" you can...

Morning all

Looks like I commented on some things and then forgot to post!

JoG - pamper myself? Ummmm... laid on the couch and watched PBS for a couple of hours.

Forgot Chris has a George Foreman rotisserie - dragged it out of storage and cleaned it up. Roasted a 4 lb. chicken in it yesterday afternoon - oh MY! Was it ever good. I rubbed it under the skin with a mixture of butter and Cavender's Greek seasoning. Amazingly, the clean-up wasn't too bad either. I'll definitely be using it more often because it keeps me from heating up the house using the regular oven.

Enough leftover chicken to make chicken and rice for supper. I'll throw together a simple salad and we shall call it supper.

Did I mention I am trying to talk Erin into doing Virtual School (online classes)? This would certainly simplify my life in many ways: we could move anywhere in the county we like, and I wouldn't have to struggle to get her up and out the door for school every day. We are still talking it over - she isn't sure she has the self-discipline to pull it off (there's no doubt she is smart enough!). Wish me luck!

Y'all have a good 'un!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Pat, my grandson had similar problems in schools. His mom switched him to online classes, and he had no more problems with bullies or nasty teachers......he graduated with an A average. His sister took some online classes to get her nursing degree, and got her Masters Degree!
          I hope Erin decides to go that route, too. It might well help her. She will still have her local friends to hang out with.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Oh, can I brag a bit about my oldest daughter? I think my girl found her nitch. She has been exercising on her own, no longer appears seriously crippled or need braces to walk. Although medically, she still is handicapped.

Also, her granddaughter (the autistic girl) is her "summer school student", so she doesn't forget over the summer what she learned ay school. Julie has a weekly curriculum for Emily. She does math, printing, spelling, singing, reading (I think she's ahead of her age group), "outdoor science" (gardening), and "Kitchen Chemistry" (she baked cookies and made pudding pops).
            The girl still has "time out" periods to calm down if she's having a "meltdown".... Time to calm down and be reassured about things. What keeps her on a relatively even keel is understanding that if she doesn't do the "work classes", she cannot do the "fun classes". So she does both willingly.
            The time and activities they do together benefit them both. And I'm proud my daughter can do all this.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

JoG, that is wonderful about your grandson's online school and your daughter and granddaughter . Love hearing success stories.
              Becky wasn't sure if she would like online classes, either, but has found out she does. She will be taking her statistics on campus, but the remainder next semester will be online. There has been required online interaction that brings a sense of classroom discussion and community that has worked well.
              I got up and got going this morning. I decided to swim for 20 minutes and that started the day off great. Then a quick shower and it didn't cut into my getting ready at all.
              I experimented last night and it turned out perfectly. I had a frozen 2 pound chub of ground beef that was partially thawed and I put it in my crockpot at 8:30. Added an envelope of dried onion soup and figured nothing ventured... It cooked great! Browned even. I added my spaghetti sauce this morning and put it in the frig. It is already 76* when I looked at 7:00 so this really saves on heating up the kitchen. And smells and tastes good. ( I tasted before declaring it ok.)
              Pat, I love rotisserie chicken, so I will start looking for that George F deal. How much clean up is " not bad?"
              Donna, hope that pool is relaxing and does its magic.
              Darla, so thankful that episode turned out ok and you have an appointment close. Sounds like Kenny was a good caregiver.
              Happy Birthday to John!
              I actually sanded two windowsills and put on one coat of primer. Boy! Is that stuff thick! I also took down two sets of curtains and have them washed. As soon as my yard guys are finished I will hang them up outside.
              The month is just zipping by. I have to keep reminding myself it is a 3 day weekend coming up!
              Have a good Tuesday, stay cool and stay healthy!

Comment

• Pat B
                Pat B commented
                Editing a comment
                Paula, the inside basically just wiped out with a soapy rag. The spit and other removable parts I had to soak a bit and scrub a little stuck-on meat off and then I put them in the dishwasher. So not too bad at all.

Aloha all!!

Darla, glad you are better this morning. That must of been scary.

On line school would be good for Erin I think. I really don't know much about it as they didn't have such things when my kids were young. But don't kids need some sort of social reaction with other kids. Maybe in sports or other activities. And wouldn't you have to be with her most of the time?

Getting my ears lowered this afternoon.

Have a good day all!

Comment

• Pat B
                Pat B commented
                Editing a comment
                Nalani, no I wouldn't have to be there to supervise her - she will be 16 in October and is fully capable of monitoring herself! She's not a sports type of person, so that's out.
            Working...
            X