• Show
Clear All

• Sunday 26..June

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I saw this cute pic..lol..

And everyone stay cool..

The day of rest...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good Morning. Cute pic, sassy. I sure don't move as much as I used to.

Staying cool is becoming more and more difficult in this Texas heat. LOL

Hope all is well with everyone. Nothing to report from here.

Have a lovely Sunday, Friends.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank-you..That is for sure...

Good morning, Sassy, and Elaine as well as to the others who arrive a little later.

Well finally the work is done at the Lake. The next trip will be for pleasure and relaxation finally. Got everything hooked up and painted. Put the new trim boards put on Wednesday after I got there. Then was up early the next morning painting all the "hard trim" so that a roller could finish the job. After that I started working on getting the sewer hooked up. Then it was cutting the wood and boards up to use for fire wood. Not that we need the fire for the heat as it was 100 with heat index of 115 Thursday. I used 2 outfits that day with 1 extra top. So you can see just how we desperately we need fire to keep warm.

Friday I started on the tree line cutting some of the limbs so I could park next to the shade. Got a "rod" that was sticking above ground also that was in the way and wasn't serving any purpose. Now I can drive far enough up so someone can park behind me.

So glad to get all the work finished so my car doesn't have to be packed down like I was moving. To do all the work this time I had to carry 3 different saws and painting equipment. I stopped to get the lumber I needed on the way out of town Wednesday
    I looked like a vagrant probably to anyone who saw my car.

Church and S.S. today then home to do some work around here. Everyone enjoy your day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning!
      Going three hours south to Modesto to pick up a friend of Becky's who needs a ride home.
      We will be back this afternoon and I hope all of you have a good day!

Comment

Good morning...a few weeks back my small group leaders of the Bible Study I attend on Sundays resigned...they just felt like they need to be a part of a group and not leading one...any ways today is the first meeting our group since joining with another group...We are having a cook out/swimming party! There will be 50 or so people there..I am not going to swim with that many people...but will hang out with everyone and eat the good food! Looking forward to burgers on the grill!!!

Mom and daddy went home yesterday afternoon...was sad to see them go..but I slept better and later with out others in the house..

Comment

Morning all - it's my Sunday to work and I should be busy. The credit card gateway that accepts credit card payments crashed yesterday afternoon - so we were unable to take ANY payments from arriving guests. So they should start coming in today to pay.

I close at 2pm and am off tomorrow. YAY!

Elaine - how hot is it there? Our heat index today is expected to be 110°! I actually wore shorts to work today!

I'm off to forage for breakfast. Y'all have a good 'un!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning.
            I missed yesterday....it was a very difficult day from 1a.m. Til 9 p.m. When you're a colostomy patient, there are some foods you just can't digest. Like the beans in minestrone soup, of which there was a lot. I'd forgotten. I was really hurting whether sitting or laying down, until after 6 p.m. And my body system started functioning again. I barely ate anything yesterday. Just couldn't. Foods off my list are beans, corn, nuts, seeds.....
            Today is better, only some residual discomfort left from yesterday's pains.

No plans for today. I think there was a prinkling of rain in the wee hours. Not sure it's better than nothing. But rain remains forecasted.

My cancer oncologist was concerned about my feet, particularly the one still sore. I think the antibiotics are working though....less pain, walking is getting easier bit by bit. Anyway, he decided I needed two tests done....mostly X-Ray stuff. But the tests are in different clinics, which meant two different appointments. So he had his receptionist set it up to have both done in one clinic, same appointment. I also have his permission to take oxycodone that day, so the pressure/pain from the testing will be minimal.

Our temp is down to 100° today. Looks like maybe some rain today. That can change, though.

Am having my cuppa mocha ☕️, then back to bed to snooze a bit more. I feel a need to catch up on my sleep.
            Hope your day goes beautifully.
            Last edited by JoGee; 06-26-2016, 09:46 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good almost afternoon....

have no idea what got into me... I just feel so " worn out"... mentally and physically...was up really early ( thanks David and K.D.Kat)... Mark was here for an hour or so.. then I just wanted to go back to sleep.. curl up in a ball and not get up at all... the oldtime farmer saying ...
              "My git and go....got up and went" without me... .... so..... did not feel like going out to eat... have some sandwich fixings and a bunch of fruit cut up... will open a can of soup . and call that lunch... then hibernate the rest of the day... IF any energy shows up.. (Jostoy,,, I wish they sold whatever you have that gets all that work done!!!)... I might clean the front porch... which is the cats domain. needs the sweeper run badly. and windows washed... but that needs a grown up kid or son to help get windows on outside... OR Not.

Sassy a sweet kitty .. my K.d. is that black and white coloring .. but face is whiter that that one you have pictured.

Elaine.. no news from you Texans.. that don't sound right ...

Paula... 3..three! hours away... you are a GOOD person... (humm,,, my daughter does things like that too..).. safe trip!

Hi Bethina. companys nice. but getting your house back is nice too.

JoG... so easy to forget what your not supposed to eat... big list with those items in big RED letters.. hope all goes well with xrays..

we are beginning to think Davids aching back might be from the couple of falls he has taken.. its so hard to get him to completely stop doing things that put pressure on his spine.... at least for a real test of a couple weeks. men, stubborn creatures..

and Hi to you all.. see you later
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maye,Thank-you..Really..AWWWW..How cute..

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                The trip went well, even the one glitch was figured out and we were home at 2:00 when I had thought it would be closer to 3:00.
                Time to relax!
                And Becky and her friend both thanked me over and over!
                Not too many out driving and there was only one small stretch where I seriously was rethinking my decision!

Good Morning! It's a pretty one here & just a little toasty.

Yesterday was good. Puttered around the house. Baked some banana nut bread with the rotting bananas. Friend Lori & her daughter came and swam part of the afternoon with us. For dinner I fired up the charcoal grill and cooked lots of hamburgers, chicken breasts, and some chicken drumsticks. Also made broccoli salad. I made extra so I don't have to cook everyday plus take advantage of the fire while it was hot. One of the few disadvantages of charcoal vs gas. Becca arrived here about 9pm with a monster headache, so she didn't stay up long.

This morning we all went to church but skipped SS. Stopped at the flea market on our way home. Becca's friend Krista from church came home with Becca and they were making Monkey Bread when we arrive. That's one of Krista's favorites that I make and I try to make it when she comes. Today I take Blaise to church camp for the first time. He's going to Experience Camp and they are going to try all kinds of activities...sounds fun. It's all week long and we pick him up next Saturday morning. Kathy & Jimmy are riding along. I was going to have Becca come with me, but when they said they wanted to come, Becca backed out. When we come back, I'm dropping them off at the Park N Ride where I'm picking them up and then heading to my SIL to play cards with Becca, my SIL, & my Mom. My SIL is picking up a couple Pizza Hut pizza's...we all want leftovers. We don't have to hurry home because we don't have to get up with the lil man in the morning. I'll miss him, but I'll enjoy my peace & quiet.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Have I become invisible again? I always think it's strange when someone says hello to everyone EXCEPT me.
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never! Hope your day went well and the " entitled ones" behaved themselves.

Hi Pat...sometimes I just do not respond at all if I am in a hurry. Nothing going on here. Andrew came by yesterday to swim and I got in with him. Felt so good but climbing up into a pool is so much harder than walking down into one...not good pressure on my knee. Tomorrow is a back to normal day around here with Jon back at work so I will catch up on house work and back to cooking. Only 3 games next week and I pray no play offs. Sierra came in late last night and will stay the day. Home town homecoming going on this weekend and the parade is today. She wants to meet up with friends and watch the parade....she has marched in this parade since the 6th grade and it will be the first time she has been able to see it. I think I will pass and stay home out of the heat. Another mid 90 day but next week should cool to the 80's. 90 at 10:00 pm is excessive for us and has been for the last 2 weeks. Maybe I'll take a dip and watch the Cardinals play this afternoon. Jon has pork steaks on and will keep them warm until we are wanting to eat a meal. Sister is home and called bright and early this morning. She and I are leaving for KC next week for a while to house sit the carpenters for her daughter. She will be moving back to St. Louis this summer and is job interviewing. Nice to have all the kiddos within picnicing distance. Stay cool and enjoy the summer.

Comment

Hey Pat, I don't mean to ignore anyone, you especially. I thought I just give a general Hi to everyone, especially when I'm having a blah day. I'm still pulling myself out of yesterday's funk, still tired from lack of sleep. 💐
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey, Pat. Did you and Chris ever find another house. If you did, I guess I missed it while I've been busy setting up a "permanent camper" site at the Lake.

Maye, I guess you'd call what I have ...determination, stupidity ( for working out in 115 degree heat index) or just plan old liking to work as it keeps my back limber. Sometimes it makes it hurt worse though. I had Charlie horses 1 night and then Friday afternoon I had a pinched nerve that I had to stretch my back for quite awhile to get it "un-pinched".

Guess we all have to endure some pain once in awhile. When we get enough, some will be looking up at the grass roots. Me, I'll be floating around in the wind. Maybe that way I can see the world.
                    Last edited by jostoy; 06-26-2016, 01:45 PM.
                    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Aloha all, and a special Aloha to Pat! I would think working near the beach you could wear shorts all the time.

Nice day here and have already gone for my walk. Not sure what I shall be doing the rest of the day. Probably not much at all!

Maye, I have those days frequently but think it's age related. Just can't do what I used to do.

Have a good rest of the day all!

Comment

tis evening again.... my get up energy , never did show up today..... beginning to feel like I am wasting precious days.. doing nothing .... but reading.... did push myself to clean , sort of.. the front porch.... think there was enough fur in the sweeper bag I discarded to make another Cat.!...

Pat..I said Hi to you all ( who came after me..) so you are part of "You-all".. ... I am always waiting to hear about Erin.. some of us remember her being born,,,, you know, .. Nalani . yes, I suspect some of the mental crap is age-related... the depression.. but I did not think I would fall into that because I have always been tried to look on the good and bright side of life... but living with someone who is going the opposite direction , its hard to keep feeling Cheery..... thank heavens for you folks on here.!!!!!...

Jostoy... well... bottle me up some determination then and mail it out ....( I already have a bottle of Stupidity or did, I think David drank it all..he was out pounding stakes around the three tomato plants.. and then could barely get into the house, His back is bad!)))..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                        X