Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ June 12 ~ National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

Good Morning!

I don't like peanut butter, but I could go for an oatmeal raisin or even a chocolate chip. However, I have a ton of blueberries I need to make something with.

These darn ballgames we watch are being played on the west coast, and they don't even begin until 9p. It makes for a very long day.

Nothing planned. Planning on a Chineseeeee type meal today. Hope it turns out.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Hi Everyone

Elaine.. never have Chinese food ... not a favorite of mine or Davids.....altho.. there was one little restaurant that had a Chicken dish I really liked... but they have moved to new location and I have not found them yet. > I love peanut butter....but remember,,, there is difference in taste ..some are awful and others are delicious... got to find the one you love... some are much saltier than others..

flowers are all planted. David helped and got his 3 tomato plants in too.. ummmm tomato plants in the flower bed.. should be interesting .

Tomorrow is to be a very important day in son Mike's home life... he and step-son are on a collision path. step-son has been notified he is to pack and be gone by tomorrow evening (Official notice ,served by the Sheriff) .. so Please spare a few minutes to pray for a good outcome... that the step-son ( 29yrs old) removes himself peacefully. ( doubtful).. Step-son is an ungrateful ,disrespectful, foul mouth ,lazy, arrogant ,young man , who thinks life owes him... so don't feel sorry for him.. he has been given chance after chance to clean up his act.and grow up.. I m just afraid of his violent side.. Pray for safety for Mike and wife
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      Praying for them maye.

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Aunt Maye, they could have an officer there while he leaves, that way if he acts up he can be arrested.

• Nalani
      Nalani commented
      Editing a comment
      I pray that all goes well tomorrow. My heart goes out to you on this. We and my in-laws has had a sort of similar problem with their oldest son when he drank heavily, and it wasn't fun. He almost broke his mom's finger once because she wouldn't give him drinking money. But luckily in his 50's he straightened himself out when he was in his 50's and became a strong believer and helper in AA.

Many many prayers coming your way. .

morning...I was up early to visit with family...going to lay back down for a while..

My outing was nice once we finally made it to the boat...Long story short..we ended up having to walk 45 minutes to get to the boat yesterday in the heat because some lady wouldn't allow us to take the short cut...I came close to heat stroke..it was horrid...but like I said the boat ride was decent.

I have a meeting at church tonight..my uncle is here helping my dad with garage door. we may or may not all 3 go to lunch. My sister was here for coffee..I finally had to just come back down stairs to get away from her and them. My car is being sold tomarrow. I tried to ask my dad a simple question about the car and she launched into you are not to come out side while I am here dealing with this. I told her this is my home she can't make me stay inside if I want to come out. I won't go outside...thats not the point..I felt like she was bossing me and I hate when she does that and does not treat me like an adult who has any sense. Sorry for the rant. I think I am still a bit grumpy from yesterday.

Comment

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth, was the shortcut across her property? if so I can understand her not allowing people to walk across it, The way the laws are any more, if some one is walking across your property and gets hurt they can sue. Heck even the sales and church people can sue you if they are coming to your door uninvited and get hurt.
      As far as your sister, maybe she is just afraid that you will say something that will blow the deal on your car.

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      No Determined..we were trying to get down to the river front in Saint Louis...there was some type of activity they would not let us go threw and they could have just told us to go down about a block.

• Nalani
      Nalani commented
      Editing a comment
      (((((((((((((((beth)))))))))))))))))

Good Morning, a bit cooler here this morning but sure that it will heat up. Sometimes I wish my upbringing would allow me to be rude or treat people the way they treat me, but the whole "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" kicks in every time. Although he seems to be getting a little more concerned about the house situation, he isn't really doing much to help. He isn't crawling into a bottle but has taken to bed, and not eating, well he will snack a bit. He gets up and may eat an ice cream bar or a couple of cherry slices, then crawls back in bed. Yesterday we were down to one can of cat food, he did notice before I said anything so we went to the store, I'm trying to figure out what I can get that he would maybe eat and asking him and he is getting pissy that I was taking to much time. My brain was saying to just not worry about it and let him starve, but the other side was telling me that I couldn't do that to any human being. I picked up a couple of TV dinners, some pancake/ sausage on a stick, 2 kinds of ice cream treats, things that require little or no prep (nuke for a minute or two) hoping he would at least put something in his stomach.

Comment

• Nalani
      Nalani commented
      Editing a comment
      Ummm, Darla, do you have enough food for yourself? I sure hope so. He won't starve if he's having snacks. Worry about yourself and not him.

Good Morning! It's a pretty one out there this morning. The wind makes if feel a bit chilly. Yesterday was stinkin' hot & muggy....thank goodness for a/c.

Yesterday was OK. Went in to register the 2 cars in PA. Now that's one more thing off my long list of to-do. My SIL stopped by to get the plate of cookies she ordered for her brother's 50th BD party. She invited Blaise & me to the lake tomorrow, but it's almost a 2 hr drive & we can't stay the night. Besides, the price of gas is jumping quickly around here. Blaise & I went down to the pool for the first time in almost a week due to cold weather. The water temp is under 80 again....BRRRRR!!!! Blaise swam while I skimmed the pool.

Earlier in the week I made this barley recipe and it was so good, I made it again yesterday with a couple of tweaks. I'll post the recipe in the Kitchen later. It is SOOOOOO good. Something different & good for you.

This morning we went to church. Think I'll work on some paperwork and laundry today. Need to find some energy. No cards tonight because the Pittsburgh Penguins are playing tonight. I don't watch them, but the rest of the family does. My brother Ray is leaving for Vegas today, so my Mom will be home alone all week. She wants to have a card night during the week with me & 2 of her friends. My brother Tom & his family are up at the lake for the week.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning!
      We did have a couple days with a teensy bit of rain. Today should reach 100°. No more rain forecasted in the immediate future.
      E worried last night, as I developed a fever of less than 100.1°. Today I'm 99°, so in the safety zone. I do see the Head Oncologist at the end of this week. Fevers are a "must call" situation.
      Not anything new here. Just detesting Mother Nature. Well, this will end in November.
      Waiting to get my faraway daughter's call today. Her daughter graduated the other night in 50° rainy weather.

E heard me in the kitchen and got up to take over. Toast and jelly with my mocha today.
      Well, gotta go for now.

🌵Have a good day.

Darla, you worry too much. He won't starve...that's why he snacks!!!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am home from church and did a few things. Becky made the super delicious sour cream banana nut bread ( in muffin tins) so I ate one.
        Hope you all Are done not ok.

Comment

Aloha all!

Sunny and muggy. Went for my walk early. Not much else going on.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Well, I felt good despite the sore foot for getting a round of pt exercises in. I have to be careful about pulling muscles. Doing an "arch" my tummy felt it. So I thought I'd just rest my tummy a bit. I woke an hour later. So I let E make lunch.

He borrowed my Target card and went shopping. He said he'd pick up a graduation card for GD so I can send her "reward". I'm sure he's hoping I'll forget our earlier conversation. He wants to get me the new big iPad for my birthday this week. I told him he needs a new one for Fathers Day, not just keep taking my old cast-offs and dealing with old glitches. He does more with these things than I ever will. I don't even know all my phone features! Not that I care. Siri must think she's in solitary confinement. ( I shouldn't admit this, should I?). 😬

I had a cup of hot chicken broth. It's so soothing to my tummy! Hope E doesn't try to make me eat too much. I hope when I get off my meds later this week, I won't have the digestive problem. I do not eat a full meal in a sitting. He worries. I'm trying to graze on better foods, not the junk foods......my last resort is dessert stuff, cookies. He doesn't like to be corrected. We argued yesterday about my shower, as he found the shower chair. He's yelling to hold the grab bar on the wall as I sit. I told him that to sit, I need to balance both hands on the chair seat. The grab bar would pull me to the side, and heaven only knows which way the chair might flip. So I sat and showed him "balance" as I was taught in PT, and using the grab bar to rise. He shut up and went to his iPad for consolation.

Sharon, you described your hubby the other day. You could as easily have been describing E! Men! E also gets things done.....eventually. Waiting for it to get done, well, I just try to not pay attention. And must say encouraging things when he does those chores. He's never really had to do house chores like this before, so I give him credit.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X