Monarch butterflies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarch butterflies...

I just read the most interesting thing! Did you know that monarchs only feed on milk weed? And they prefer the swamp type...whatever that is and what the difference between the normal weed type and swamp weed type is a mystery to me. How many milk weeds have I pulled up and/or sprayed out of existence in my lifetime as a half-a$$ed gardener? AND you can buy seeds to start your own weeds? Well live and learn. I have feed a multitude of green worms eating my tomatoes for years so why not plant something for a beautiful monarch? The things you learn when you are bored and read everything else in the morning news!

LOL Keep reading and passing along information like this. Excellent to know!

Comment

By all means, keep passing this on. The Monarchs are in great danger of becoming extinct. So plant some pots of milkweed!
      Your local nursery can tell you what other plants that butterflies in general like. May as well feed them, too.

As a matter of fact, so are the bees being reduced in great number. I have more wasp-like critters pollinating my garden than bees. We need to plant more bee-attracting plants and flowers.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X