Thursday ~ Aprl 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ Aprl 14

Well, I'm here but barely able to wiggle. Dear dear friends came last night and installed under cabinet lighting in the kitchen. I didn't do a thing, of course, but it kept me from my evening "resting." LOL

John is doing pretty well, but I could tell he was tired last night, since he didn't do anything to help either and only stayed in the kitchen a little while.

Donna, praying Kathy gets the job. I'm so happy to know that she is, at least, trying.

Well, no other news to report. Need to get something done.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Good morning, Ladyebug, and anyone else who checks in while I'm typing.

Am at my brothers and he looks terrible. He has gone down hill ever since he had to go on dialysis last Dec. I had kept my fingers crossed all the time that I was "snow-birding". He is completely gray headed,which was a shocker to me as he only had very little gray when I saw him last. He has also lost a lot of weight.

Enough of depressing talk. My niece and I got his zero turn mower going yesterday and she mowed while I ran the trimmer. His kids are going to have to do his mowing for a while, if not all summer. I showed the niece how to check everything before she started mowing. It will be up to her to show my nephew how to do the same thing. My niece did very well mowing since she hadn't been on a rider before. I told her that all she needed was a little confidence and she'd be o.k.

I intend to leave here Saturday morning early for home, then on to the lake where I got a lot while down south. Also will look at 2 campers to see which one I want to buy. Both are 30 foot trailers and have slide outs, but one is about 5 years newer than the other. I guess which ever one suits my needs will be the "winner".

Well it's time to shut off the gab and wish everyone a good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 04-14-2016, 06:55 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. Went to town expecting to not only go to Aldi's to pick up forgotten items, but to do some couponing at Giant Eagle matching them up with the sale items. Dummy me...the sale doesn't start until today. Came home and got started on my baking & cooking. Made strawberry shortcake for dessert...yum! The strawberries from Aldi's were really sweet. The book I started several days ago is FINALLY catching my interest, so I've been stopping & reading off & on.

This morning I'm going to Bible study. I thought we were going curtain shopping today, but my Mom isn't available. Not sure what my afternoon will bring.

Glad to hear John is doing better, but it sounds like the wind has gone out of his sails.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...volunteering today..I missed it the other day...have been having issues with allergies...

Mom went back to the doctor yesterday..He was very happy with how she did with Chemo...says the likely hood of cancer coming back is pretty low..suggested that she see a plastic surgeon to do some work on her chest...and she will start the emunotherapy pill today...If all goes well with that she doesn't have to have blood work until July. She is pretty excited...glad to have it behind her. we all are happy for her...she is slowly getting her energy back....she will have a good day..and get to feeling good then do a lot causing a couple of days that she has to rest. In 9 days she and daddy are coming for a few days for a visit...I am so excited that I can hardly wait! I have a few things that I want to do...mostly just sit out on the back padio with iced tea and fire in my fire pit.

Comment

Late night hockey game but we won in over time! Cardinals lost but they have the entire season in front of them. Today I am making rigatoni and Sierra and I will be very happy at supper. Jon eats anything without complaint so that leaves on family member who is not fond of pasta. Andrew has his first ball practice tonight...all others have been rained out but that is a beautiful sky this morning with no rain forecasted. Nothing going on from here. Beth we also have a new fire pit and I cannot wait for an evening fire. Marshmellows!!

Comment

Good morning

was up and out of here early .went to the outpatient clinic, urgent care facility about 4 miles from here. to have Lab work .. I was the only one there.. they already had there Early morning rush . and were awaiting the 8 o'clock type people.. so was in and out and home. zip.

some happy news on here.John feeling a little better.. Beth , family coming and Mom doing well.. Donna, strawberry shortcake, yum..

and Jostoy .. what a shock for you to see how your brother has went down-hill.. when Davids sugar went our of whack a couple summers ago.. he lost about 20 lbs. in 5 months.. and friends and kids were shocked. ....being on dialysis , he may never regain his strength back ..good that there is family near to help him... and happy shopping ..

better figure out a productive way to spend this day... dust?. mop?. One thing positively getting done.. washing the car windows.. they are almost to see throught!. ( when it warms up.that is)

see you later..

Hi Paula. get that phone ready next Monday.

hi Justy .
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning. 😃

Looks like we will get 89° today....hot and sunny. I'll probably have E open windows for me today, get the house aired out.

It was a restless night for me, so I got up early. Did some reading in one of the cancer books, then switched to a fictional book for a while. Definitely a nap will be in store around noontime. Foot swellings are up a bit today....wish it would go away. It's my only big drawback right now. Even though my feet are elevated all night, as well as during the day.

No big plans today. No little plans either. Will just take the day as it comes.

Donna, I can imagine those strawberries in a cake roll! Yum!
              I hope Kathy gets and keeps that job.

Have a good day, everyone. 🌞
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

No big plans here, either. It is sunny after rains last night and more forecast for this afternoon.
                My salad went over great and no leftovers to bring home.
                Hope you all have a good day and keep those around you well!

Comment

Working...
                X