Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ April 6

Good Morning, Friends.

Just watching Morning Jo to get the results from Wisconsin. Then we'll switch to GMA to hear it all over again. LOL

Looks like we'll be making a visit to the doctor again. Too much coughing and upper congestion still for John. Could not sleep in bed again last night.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good FRIGID Morning!

Sorry to hear John is backsliding again. ((((Elaine & John))))

Yesterday wasn't as productive as the day before, but I did grocery shop for 3...me, the mission's team, and for the concession stand. A friend stopped by to drop off the pie pan & plate from her Easter order and ended up buying some cookies & cupcakes that I already had made. I was in the process of making up 12 small plates of cookies for the school bake sale. Since Kathy was here, I got to take them to the school by myself and make several other stops while I was in Saxonburg. We went to Blaise's Open House last night. Didn't see the bake sale.

Oh....yesterday I was TRYING to get out of my car at the bank (first stop of many) and my door would NOT open. It'll open from the outside, but not the inside. What a pain!!! On the way home, I stopped at the car repair place just over the hill from us and Gary said it was the rod inside the door that either broke or got disconnected. So last night we dropped my car off & it's getting repaired today.

Today I'm going to roast the 3 halves of ham I have for the mission dinner. Saturday we are assembling scalloped potatoes with ham. I'm planning on taking all the supplies to the church when I got to Bible study tomorrow morning, including the sliced ham. My car will be packed full with the concession stand stuff when I got to help Saturday morning, so I wanted to get it all there before that. I need to do some paperwork too, but I'm dreading that....taxes and insurance companies.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning all

Turns out Erin just has laryngitis and a sore throat from allergies. No scripts necessary - just take Benadryl. Even better news: got her report card online this morning - she now has 3 C's and one B (a vast improvement from last quarter where she had 1 F, 2 D's and a C). There just may be hope for her yet

Busy day at the office - payroll and it's time for the 5-year financial audit - so I'm sending out reports to all 72 owners today.

Time to get back to it. Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning ..

got to sleep in!... wow.. what a rare treat .... DAvid got his new coffee pot yesterday .even got it on sale... Boscov is having a fantastic April month of sales.. and the Mr CoffeePot ended up costing $19.. have a feeling it was priced to go because it is a white one... and , of course, Black is the thing now..I was delighted , love white appliances. so his treat of fresh coffee,must have been my reward for him and Kat being quiet!.

think I will finishing hemming the young girls prom gown. the under petticoat measured , pressed and cut off . just need to stitch.. thats the easy piece... only one lightweight top layer but it;s real full.. miles around the bottom.. but still should be easy,, just time consuming ... the girl comes for piano lesson
        this evening and I would like to have it done.

pot of chicken soup planned for today.. the meat,broth are ready. just need to add veggies and noodles.. think I will pre-cook a bit of celery,carrots, onion.. just to add some color to the noodles. (I found if you don't use that water. then the noodle soup does have hardly any flavor from them ,which is what I want to happen)
        ((((((((((((((((((((Elaine,, prayers and many concerns for John...)))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi to you all... I will return to read
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, today will be making sure that I have everything ready to go tomorrow morning. Have to catch the bus at 9:45, will get to my daughters around 11:45. Depending on how full the bus is as to weather there will be any sleeping on it. Sheryle and I went out yesterday. Took the skirt I plan to wear to find a top to match it. Found one for $3, also a pair of shoes and earrings. My great find was a pair of overalls for the monkey. While looking through the tops, glanced over to the section for the kids clothes and this pair of overalls was right in front. They look new and were only 1.50 so I picked them up. Sent his Momma a message as to what size he wears and seems he will have to grow into them, then when I looked closer they are Tommy Hilfinger (sp) which is great since the Monkey's name is Thomas. He started climbing at 8mo. and if he can get his foot up on something he is at the top before his Mommy can turn around. Can't wait to see him while I'm at my daughters. Watching him grow on facebook just isn't the same as actually getting to hold him and play with him.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Maye, I commented in the post that you referred to yesterday.

Things are "nearly" back to "normal" at my house. It takes a bit to get everything started back up after being away for 3 months. Even the puter decided to move fast this morning. It was "dragging" so slow that I was going to call the provider today to see what was going on.

Has anyone updated to windows 10, and if so, how do you like it?

Everyone have a good day. I'll try to "hang on tight" as we are to have high winds and storms today,
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Rainy day...oh well, it will water my one little plant out there that is still in its pot. The fire pit was not delivered yesterday so maybe today. Can't put it together in the rain anyway. Both kids were here yesterday and Sierra was in the best of moods. Took my advice on her paper and finished it up and even got her power point together before Andrew came in. Drew had no homework and hers was finished up so the kids played video games and she even went out and played the frisbee. Looks like a quiet day. No idea what to fix for supper. Maybe just eggs and potatoes. Elaine, sorry about John being worse but know you will take good care of him. We are all hale and hearty with the exception of a few allergies...

Comment

Good morning....Jostoy my mom upgraded her computer right after 10 came out...ended up crashing her computer and losing half her drivers.

Nothing but church planned for today...still needing to find a ride. I am sure my friends will text me later..one or both. Or I will text them...

Didn't sleep well last night so I may take advantage on the dark damp weather and sleep.

Comment

Wednesday is well under way! Garbage trucks have empties all containers and I have them back in the yard and out of sight.
                  Baby on my lap is trying to grab the iPad. His mom told me yesterday she holds him Constantly at home. He sleeps with her, too, so now I realize why he fusses when I put him down.
                  Yesterday went to a high of 84!
                  Today around the same. The temps will go back down to the 70's next week.
                  Pat, that is great about Erin's grades!
                  Elaine, I hope the doctors can find some relief for John. Coughing is so tiring.
                  That picture of you and David and Logan was so cute, Maye.
                  Darla, have a great trip! I know what you mean about seeing those sweet faces in real life. I am so grateful every time I see photos on Facebook.
                  Have a good day. The baby is not happy.

Comment

Good morning....looks like everybody has been here already.

(((((((Elaine & John)))))))....in my thoughts!
                    Pat, good for Erin!

Last night wasn't restful for me. I wake after midnight, and can't recall even cat naps (though I'm sure I did).
                    My new Med is sodium based, so I'm not sure it's helping the foot-swellings yet. I may be talking with th surgeon's NP today or tomorrow, when I figure it out.

Other than that, not much going on here. Have a great day, all.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Stormy last night but clearing up now and I saw a rainbow a few minutes ago.

Sorry to hear John is still very congested. Hope he'll get better soon.

Have a good day all!.

Comment

Working...
                      X