Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Morning ~ It Was A Dark and Stormy Night (E. Grace)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Morning ~ It Was A Dark and Stormy Night (E. Grace)

I promised a novel last time:

It was the best of times (Jo has a really good surgery team and great care since), it was the worst of times (she has spent 9 days in the hospital and will go into rehab from here). She had her first nourishment by mouth today. A tasty bowl of chicken broth. They also gave her Lacex for her low output so she contributed more output four times so far. We made up a little pep-rally cheer.
    One, two, three, four.
    We know what Lacex is for.
    Five, six, even, eight.
    Now's the time to urinate.
    It seemed to help.
    Low output in the colostomy is the latest holdback. Does anyone know a rhyme for peristalsis?

She sat up most of the day and rallied to a three-lap marathon around the ward. And she looks great. Don't know if they have picked a rehab unit from my two preferences but I don't think she'll head there until the latest holdback is resolved.

Maybe an opera next time?

You are awesome! The medical staff needs to train caregivers to cheer patients on in such style.
    I would be working on that rhyme if I could pronounce that word! I better Google it...

Comment

and the movement of the peristalsis is the wonderful gurgling and the rolling feeling in the belly area..... My Father got a bowel blockage and his peristaltic sounds were absent...so I knew what you meant Ellis... I"m sure the shutdown from all the work the Dr. did will have to be nudged to get moving again...That goes on the Prayer list..

here is a rhyme..... a naughty one..... Come on, bowels, squirm a bit. Time for Jo to take a S***.....

Shame on me.. maybe... Come on Bowels. Squirm a lot... time for JO to fill the Pot.?.

When they had David up walking The evening of his heart surgery.. to the bathroom . down the hall just a short trip... .( wheelchair in front and wheelchair behind him.).. only 8 hours after having his heart stopped. and cut open.. I was astounded.. but Dr. insists this is the best clot preventor!...

Love to Jo ..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Oh, my! 😂
        Would that I could, Maye. Their resectioning has prevented that, I think.
        And who am I to turn liquid into solid waste?

💗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

hi Jo.. .... I need a better rhyme Huh?..... so when you have the "bag".. the waste is liquid.??? I did not realize that.. will have to think of a rhyming word for watery poo.. .....all that aside.... many many thoughts and prayers for you... and Ellis.. (((((((((((((Jo))))))))))))

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I call it my "Eau de Phew!", Maye. Can't get away from it.

See my post this morning under Ellis' "opera."
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X