Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ Feb. 28th

Morning all

Sleep is finally my friend again. I slept a blissful, uninterrupted 9-1/2 hours last night!

Not much new here - Erin and I both got haircuts yesterday. I got mine super short and really like it.

Chris is working his 2nd job today, so I'll be cooking supper - BBQ ribs, baked beans, and tater salad. Sounds like a plan.

All that talk about cookies yesterday has me motivated. I have butter on the counter softening and will make some M&M cookies (like choc chip, but just replace them with plain M&M's).

Y'all have a good 'un!
    Last edited by Pat B; 02-28-2016, 07:34 AM.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning!

Nothing like a haircut to make you feel like a new person. I have a new super short one, as well.

As to cookies, we are working on a batch of oatmeal. I found the recipe on the www, and like it so much better than the one on the cereal box. You mix the oatmeal with water and use less sugar. Love it!

We are not going to church. The pianist called yesterday and she was so sick it was frightening. She and her husband are both sick. Her cough was so bad we could hardly get through the conversation. She wasn't sure if they would go to church. Well, we can't risk being exposed to anything, so instead of wondering if they are going to show up, we are staying home. The home nurse told us that the flu season is finally kicking in big around here and not to get in crowds.

Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

Just a quick good morning today.
      Yesterday went well. DD and her daughters guided us to a new Italian restaurant. Yummier than Olive Garden.
      Today we see the other two girls, and their kids. They've already grown into young ladies. Some school age, some young adults. A GD is cooking breakfast this morning, so it'll be a tight schedule.
      Have no idea what whether DD this afternoon will offer lunch, so we will grab a quick bite on the way, just in case.
      That's our plans for today.
      Have a good day, all. 😄
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...I thought my head ache would be gone by this morning...NOPE came back for a 2nd round more meds and hopefully able to sleep it off.

Comment

Good Morning.

slowly coming awake... was up again in middle of the night for 2 hours.(Edit,,with severe leg spasm!.). I will have to figure out whats causing them, other than just plain
          cussedness of this decrepit old body.. ..went back in at 5 and went sound asleep until after 7.. never even heard son Marks voice.

we have been out of church so long .. I just don't like David exposed to the possibility of colds.. he is working on building up his overall strength.. going to Walmart and groc stores. he is moving thought and don't have "huggers". and hand shakers. can wipe hand with that gel stuff when he leaves.. His Doctor office building and rooms have that gel at just about every door, by the elevators. bathrooms.

JoG... Safe travels and hugs galore

Beth ,so sorry you feel bad. headaches just lay you low.

Pat. you sound great today

Elaine, absolutely the right choice today..

I just went though all your names in my head and realize , what a great bunch of ladies call this their ROUND TABLE too....
          those who do not post daily... so wish you would .. love hearing the tidbits of your daily life..your families. your thoughts and what you all are doing
          ...... and when I needed a leaning post . and support.. You were all here ..this is a great neighborhood. ( quote mr rodgers).

Hi Paula
          Justy?.. hope you are fine this morning
          Last edited by Mayebarnes; 02-28-2016, 04:11 PM.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Another beautiful morning with temps already in the 50s. Sun is shining and hear neighbors stirring early. Hope that means they are leaving and not to going to shoot their stupid guns all afternoon. I know some see nothing wrong with guns but to just shoot and shoot and shoot for the hell of it all afternoon is so annoying. When the invasion of whatever they think they are going to protect us from finally comes they won;t have any bullets left to fight them off! I cancelled my hair appointment last week with the snow storm and never remade it but boy do I need to make it tomorrow! AND I will also be getting it cut shorter. Pulled a leftover pasta from the freezer for yesterday and may just slap out an egg sandwich for today. My good son just eats whatever I put out there. I have been craving a double yoked dripping egg sandwich, with a pickle of course. Another hockey game this afternoon and hope for better results than yesterday. All you energetic bakers...wish I was close enough to join you for sampling. Sierra says the flu season is here also. Kids missing from school and work plus she still has ties in the high school so gets reports on that area. Drew is on antibiotics and back on the inhaler. If he were mine I would have him under house arrest and in his jams for a couple of days but he's
            " not so I just try to keep him full of healthy food and yell at him to wear a coat and hat. I yell right at his back as he is flying out the door...coatless and hatless. Going to be as quiet as the gun shooters let it be today. Rounding up the kiddies and handing them a gun is a great way to spend quality family time......NOT! Beth hope you get better soon..glad the menfolk are on the mend and enjoy your trip JoGee. Pat did your weather calm down? Erin change her hair color or just get it cut? Could you see me with a bright purple streak? Don't laugh but I have been thinking about a little bitty one just big enough to know that I did something daring. Is this how little old ladies start getting called batty?

Comment

Maxie, the weather here is GORGEOUS - in the high 60's and sunny every day. We haven't had a single freezing day this winter!

Erin got her hair bleached a few weeks back (it was purple). Yesterday was just haircuts for us.
              The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning, sun is shining bright and supposed to be up to 60 today, must not be close yet as the furnace is running. Posted pictures of my daughters wedding, well the first one is the gown she will be wearing in April when they have a ceremony for friends and family, the other 2 are from when they actually got married in Oct. She was determined that she was getting married Oct 13 for some reason picked the date long ago.

Comment

The thermostat keeps telling me I am not home and cuts the heat so maybe I should take it at its word and just leave...Some hot sun on my head would cure a lot of ills...is the sand warm? I dream of my feet hitting hot sand!

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was pretty but frigid....at least to me it was.

Energy level was low again yesterday. Did get a few things cleaned & laundry all washed. Made a pot of chicken rice soup. Also called everyone and made the arrangements for tonight's card party. Mom's one friend wanted to bring pizza & wanted me to call her and tell her what kind...cheese & pepperoni is fine. Anyways she mentioned their friend Shirley wanting to play with us sometime. So a couple hours later after thinking about it, I called her back & told her to call Shirley and if she wanted to play, I'd find a 6th player. So it's going to be 6 of us tonight. Got my cousin Mark's daughter Shawna to join us. She played with us back in January and had such a good time that she bought 7 decks of cards and taught her brother & SIL how to play. She doesn't mind playing with us older people. She does nails and I think some of her clients are older people, so it doesn't bother her. I'm thrilled to get the next generation playing with us.

This morning we went to church AND Sunday school. The last 2 churches we belonged to didn't offer adult SS, but here Zion UMC offers 6 different adult classes along with one for every age group of kids. Zion isn't a huge church, but they are a very active one. This afternoon I'm going to try making a banana cream pie from scratch that I found on FB. The ladies tonight will be my taste testers. Personally I like adding coconut to my banana cream, but the first time I'll follow the recipe. Kathy is taking Blaise to a BD party of one of her friend's child. He is so excited. Of course this is a chance to show off being Mommy. Cork will be in charge of him once he gets home.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Me, too, Maxie! A beach sounds good
                      I have a cookie recipe for Black and White cook us from Junior's cheesecake cookbook that I have been wanting to try...I used to buy one at our grocery bakery but it seems the cookies are not baked all the way through...
                      Put on my nylons and got a hole in them that is already too big to wear to church. I don't usually wear nylons for that very reason!
                      Would love to see the new haircuts, girlies! I am getting mine cut and colored the end of the week. The reason I changed my profile picture on Facebook was to figure out what the difference was with my hair. My stylist saw it and let me know my layers were shorter...so, I am getting my hair shortened up.
                      Our new Walmart Super Center is almost ready...the opening date is March 31st. Which means they are not re-ordering for things they run out of for this store! Q- tips were on my list and they were out and the clerk said, no more until the new store opens! So, I bought some at the grocery store for more money...yesterday I thought of a few things I could not run out of for daycare and went to buy them last night. Totally forgot hair stuff, so I will be going back for things I take for granted that I rely on Walmart pricing.
                      Hope you all stay away from the germs! Those cold and flu germs live a long time outside of the body, so even doorknobs, car doors, etc, are germ ridden and remember: do not touch your face until,after you wash your hands. Sorry if I sound like your mother...just want e erroneous and your wonderful families to take care.
                      Beth, I really hope your headache goes away!
                      Have a good day, everyone!

Comment

Aloha all!

Beautiful day here but don't think I'll go for a walk as I am doing some paper work and waiting for a phone call.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                        X