Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ Feb. 21st

Morning all

Class is going very well - the teacher is EXCELLENT. True, he is cramming a LOT of info into our heads in 2 days, but he insisted the college supply us with two GREAT reference books. And the cool thing is he supplied lunch for us both days! And not some cheap-o junk - he had it catered by Cahall's - a local place that makes the BEST chicken salad ever. Today we will be having Sonny's BBQ.

Paula - I hope you're feeling MUCH better today. Being sick just stinks.

I'm off to get more coffee and wake my brain up to cram more knowledge into it today.

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

I am feeling better! I have had enough sleep for all of you!
    So glad your class is going well, Pat.
    I went out to Walmart for OTC med and then got back into comfy clothes. One of my good friends made chicken noodle soup. Today I want to go buy some bananas and yogurt.
    My son leaves this morning. He is probably getting to the Baltimore airport now...
    Hope your Sunday goes well, Rounders!
    I will check back in to read later.

Comment

Good Morning, Friends.

Pat, so glad you are enjoying your class.

Paula, happy you are feeling better.

No news from here. John is fixing his breakfast, and I am getting the bulletins ready and we will head to church around 8:30.

Hope you all have a very lovely day.

Comment

good morning ..

been up since 5.. Mark was here early and will be back later today.... He had picked up the strips David needs for his diabetic tester .. Mark had shown the strip to the pharmacy people. they picked the box off the shelf... $50.. and they do not fit his tester!... of course I could not find the receipt ..( if I ever had it)..but he is returning it for either the correct kind or money back... we hope... Mark is 61 and very capable handling situations like this....

David is testing his wings.. now going out for the mail.. also up , down the stairs to get me things from the freezer .. If the surgeon oks the driving this coming Thursday.. He can drive home ( unless the weather is a wee bit bad). the increase in his blood pressure med is working . it was down to a better level yesterday...

going to a "party" ,demostration type of ??? this afternoon at granddau. Shawnas.. the great grandson will be there ... I will get to play with him again.!.

Sharon how are you this morning ?
        Bethina, same question , how are you ?

Paula , glad to hear you are feeling better too.
        Elaine.. Im not going to church ,just yet... D. does not need exposed to all the huggers and hand shakers just yet.

Hi to all .. see you later Donna.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, early birds! 😃
          Sunday, and all seems well with our world so far. (Politics not included &#128521
          I woke at 6 this morning, did my posts before coming here to see who's checking in.
          No plans in particular. I'll probably be able to add to my chores a bit more today. The pains I've been having are gone today, so I guess I've been doing the right things. I've already taken back the cooking chore. E does great scrambled eggs, but only "cooks" frozen dinners or PB&J's. So, I've leftovers in the fridge to throw out, and I think I'll make chicken barley soup today.

Paula, I'm very glad you are feeling better this morning.
          Still sending good-luck thoughts your way, Pat. As if you need them. You seem to have it already. 😄
          Elaine, it sounds like John is really doing good again. That's great.
          Maye, I agree it's probably wisest to keep David from dealing with other peoples' germs yet. Glad he's improving!

E will probably be making family calls this morning. He either heard or dreamt he heard a big noise....I haven't heard it, though......so no doubt he'll be out of bed in the next hour or so and hovering again. 😀 Oh, I wonder if he thought I fell or something, that's why he'd ask me about that "noise". Can he "hover" in his sleep? 😂

Well, I need my cuppa ☕️ now. Then I'll go out and get the paper.

Y'all have a great day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Feeling better but still coughing and sneezing. Spent most of the day snoozing in my chair. Made French toast from French bread for my breakfast. I really like good bread and to H*** with gluten. I see so much "Gluten Free" stuff being sold that I want to scream. Stuff that never had it anyway.
            I do know there are several people here who have conditions that can't handle it but this is going overboard IMHO.

Sorry 'bout the rant. Anyway, it's colder this morning so winter isn't really over.

Later.

Comment

Good morning....Maye I am doing well....Jogee...Max the bird is a parakeet...He wants out of his cage so bad to fly around..if I knew for sure that I could trust him to be a good little bird and go back in when I needed him to I would have no problem with him coming out for a fly...but he is pretty spoiled and won't listen and go back or so I am told...so he stays in his cage..and I leave the music on for him...and he gets a fresh treat in the morning...lettuce brocoli or apple...apple today...

between 3 and 4 this afternoon I will ride my bike over and check on the kitties and snake...and my sisters house..I will get my allowance for the week today as well..so I will go to the grocery store this afternoon as well to make sure that I have lunch type stuff for tomarrow..Tuesday and Thursday..I am volunteering all day on those 3 days...

Right now I need to get a shower and put some clothes on....headed to Bible study and lunch with my group from church....

Comment

Good Morning! The sun just popped out. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous! I guess it hit 65 degrees at one point, but it's back to being cold this morning.

Yesterday was rather productive around here yesterday in a slow but sure way. Washed my sheets & hung (flopped them over the porch) them out to dry...smelled wonderful! Mopped the floors. Finally got sick & tired on the mess down in the laundry room and cleaned it up. Packed up Kathy's clean clothes & put them out in the garage, and got all her dirty clothes in baskets & ready for her to take them with her or do the laundry. I'm tired of the mess all over the floor. Even mopped down there. All laundry got done & is put away. Leftovers for dinner.

We've already gone to church and now I'm contemplating baking a Hummingbird Cake. The recipe looks like a carrot cake except they used bananas instead of carrots. Will give it a try. I'll give some to Aunt J to try when I pick her up for the Norex party we are going to this afternoon. I'm then going to play cards this evening with my Mom, SIL, & cousin Karen. Will take the cake there too. Will take some to the restaurant for them to try tomorrow.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Going to grill this afternoon and the day looks wonderful. Yesterday it was so warm...warmer out then in! Did not go to the mall but did get some groceries in. Should have planned some meals for the week but did not so will be going back to the grocery when I plan menus. Only Andrew here today since Sierra was to busy to come for lunch but has plenty of time to jump when mommy dearest yells. Horrible accident outside of our subdivision yesterday that killed two and blocked the road for hours. A beautifully warm day and a red convertible...not a good combination yesterday. A load of towels and lunch is all I have planned for the day...Blues won again last night. Gonna enjoy that while it lasts!! Need to check when Spring training games start. They are talking of bringing a pro soccer team to St. Louis...I like soccer...always room for another addiction as long as it isn't football! Glad you are feeling better Barb and Paula. I had the sniffles yesterday and wonder if it wasn't something in the air. May have to start allergy meds soon. Happy Sunday to all..I'm looking forward to getting the grill going.

Comment

Oh my....that Hummingbird cake is yummy!

BTW...it just hit me today that I haven't had a headache in 3 days and I've been feeling pretty normal. I have my moments of light headedness, but pretty darn good lately....thank goodness....I was tired of being sick & tired.

Comment

Aloha all!

Glad to see everyone is feeling better, David is coming alone nicely and so is John.

All is well here and it is nice and cool-for Hawaii but windy.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X