Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ Feb. 2nd - Groundhog Day

Morning all.

Groundhog Day - it's been a pretty mild winter for us and I'm hoping it continues!

Going round and round with Erin about several issues. And Turd doesn't miss a chance to undermine everything I try to do. I wonder if people who have "normal" children know how lucky they really are? Pray for my sanity!

Busy at work - today is rental statement day and the first attempt at paying our owners electronically. Crossing my fingers that it works!

I'm off to get busy on that. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning

getting in early... going to be a semi-busy day.... the home health care people have been dropping in ... good thing it is a freebe for us..
    young lady brought a monitor the picks up the information , like weight, temperture. oxgyen etc etc and sends to office. today the Nurse will come and check incision and listen to heart etc... late today the Physical therapist will come to take David through exercises , what he can add to his list of things he can do... etc.... sooooooo... I must make the rooms look presentable.. the dust I was writing David notes in must be cleaned off.

just need a tad more sleep for him and for me... got this wonderful niece who keeps me supplied with great soups.. ..

be back when I can..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Another cold and wet day..
      I was trying to find pic of a groundhog..But i did not..
      This one is cute..

Did the groundhog saw his shadow????

And everyone have nice day..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning....Yesterday was a very difficult day...my anxiety was horrible..and I had a very low tolerance for anything at all...it would have been the best thing for me to just stay in my room....hoping for a better day today..The other 2 days that mom and dad were here were great!

I have another job evaluation today....then home to do nothing...

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Looks better than yesterday.

Yesterday was good. I got all the sugar cookies iced, which was my main goal. Made goulash for dinner & I was the only one that tried it. The guys had shells with spaghetti sauce.

I did call the doctor's office yesterday to see if I could get in earlier & I'm now on the list if there is a cancellation. I FINALLY felt good & normal yesterday by late afternoon. I did bottom out again this morning. Weird.

Once I get my head clear, I plan to head to town and go to Aldi's & WM.

Comment

Good morning. It's another cold one here in Las Vegas, but the snow on the mountains looks lovely. I'm still having problems getting into the site. I changed my browser, and while I can now log in, it takes me 3-4 tries and I have to close popped open windows that want me to contact computer support. Wish I knew how to block those darn things!! No plans for the day. I'm working on two different baby afghans. One for my great-granddaughter that has taken me a while to get done, and one for a very good friend who is going to be a grandma again in August. I often think how glad I am that I have my crocheting to keep myself occupied. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today, whatever it entails.

Comment

Rainy but not stormy so it is a good morning. See how my positive thinking is working already. It's going to be a wonderful day! Both kids here for supper and trying a new pasta recipe. The kids and I love pasta in most any form and Jon will eat anything set in front of him and not complain until after we have eaten so that is good. We hung some things on the walls yesterday and everything is homey feeling...some of his with a mix of mine although some things he hung to high and now I have to patch holes after they are rehung but that will be a good thing because things will then be hung correctly. Sierra called on her way home from work last night and said she may stay over tonight....another good thing because we say nothing although her dad did ask her if he should give her a meal ticket. AND she laughed! Humor has been lacking in her lately but then the sarcasm has also let up a lot...another good sign. Well all this good will is making my coffee cold so need to get moving. Curtains hung and they look fantastic...valances still not here but now not sure I want all of them. Have a happy Tuesday..

Comment

Good morning, all. Another frosty morning here. Yesterday morning was even colder and we had an icy wind all day. It cut right through me even though I was wearing enough layers that it didn't give me a chill.
                We have a tiny grocery store here that has been here ever since I have. I needed milk so when I went down to the Senior Lunch I ran (not really) down the street to get milk and cookies, Was asking the butcher about something when I was grabbed from behind and given a big hug. It was my daughter Kare who just happened to be there when I came in. She even paid for my milk and cookies.
                When I was young, there were three grocery stores here but one by one they all closed except for this one. Our little town has become a tourist trap with several antique stores and junk stores, and B&B hotels. When I worked on Main St. everyone knew everyone else. We even had three village idiots. (not kidding) One of them finally was put away and I don't know what happened to the others. Population of around 500 then same as now.
                When I say I "ran" to the store, I actually take my cane as the sidewalks are not in very good condition nor is the parking lot.

I do really feel for those who have teens to deal with. My eldest and third were holy terrors at times.

I guess that is enough gab for now. Take care everyone.

Sassy, do you ever wonder how the get that many cats to stay still for a photo? I do.

Comment

Spring is just around the corner, groundhog didn't see his shadow today so no more winter weather, until Thursday that is.

Comment

Good morning. I skimmed all the comments.....am in the waiting room at the hospital, waiting to be called in by my gastro doc/NP.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Sassy girl, I heard somewhere that the Groundhog does predict spring. Can't remember if he saw his shadow or not or what it means. Forgotten all that.

Patty and Walt will be in today and bring back my car. We'll probably go out to lunch too.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Originally posted by BarbCA108 View Post
                        Good morning, all. Another frosty morning here. Yesterday morning was even colder and we had an icy wind all day. It cut right through me even though I was wearing enough layers that it didn't give me a chill.
                        We have a tiny grocery store here that has been here ever since I have. I needed milk so when I went down to the Senior Lunch I ran (not really) down the street to get milk and cookies, Was asking the butcher about something when I was grabbed from behind and given a big hug. It was my daughter Kare who just happened to be there when I came in. She even paid for my milk and cookies.
                        When I was young, there were three grocery stores here but one by one they all closed except for this one. Our little town has become a tourist trap with several antique stores and junk stores, and B&B hotels. When I worked on Main St. everyone knew everyone else. We even had three village idiots. (not kidding) One of them finally was put away and I don't know what happened to the others. Population of around 500 then same as now.
                        When I say I "ran" to the store, I actually take my cane as the sidewalks are not in very good condition nor is the parking lot.

I do really feel for those who have teens to deal with. My eldest and third were holy terrors at times.

I guess that is enough gab for now. Take care everyone.

Sassy, do you ever wonder how the get that many cats to stay still for a photo? I do.
                        You want to hear my secret..Cat nip.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nalani View Post
                          Aloha all!

Sassy girl, I heard somewhere that the Groundhog does predict spring. Can't remember if he saw his shadow or not or what it means. Forgotten all that.

Patty and Walt will be in today and bring back my car. We'll probably go out to lunch too.

Have a good day all!
                          Nalani,Thank-you..That is all right,,But we are having "Early" spring...Hip,hip hurry...

Comment

Hi again, everyone.
                            I'm home now. E took me to lunch after my appointment.
                            I feel so good about this Nurse Practioner. She did her research beforehand, and had a paper with notes of all the pertinent things she wanted information on. We talked....a LOT! About my medical history, my various doctors past and present, my proposed course of treatment if I consented to it, which she is currently setting up and which I can cancel if I chose to. She also gave me her card, plus the number of someone who could make her available ASAP at any time. After 1-1/2 hours of discourse, she met E on the way out, and took us both back to her office so he'd understand it all, too.
                            She is very, very thorough. And we really seemed to connect. We even hugged after our session. .

So, it has been a great morning for me. I hope the rest of the day goes as well.
                            While I'm feeling so good, I think I'll take care of a few minor chores I've been neglecting. 😊

Wishing you all a great day, too. ☀️
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                            X