Tgif! 29 January 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tgif! 29 January 2016

Good Friday morning and happy weekend to all! I cannot sleep so I will bore y'all by posting! It is 37 degrees right now and will be 57if it reaches the predicted high for today, I will be going to John's Island, SC (near Charleston.) We are leaving at 11:30 am today and will return home tomorrow evening. A dear friend, Dr. Steve Platte, will be ordained as a Permanent Deacon at 11:00 am tomorrow. The weather for the weekend is SUPPOSED to be great! I won'tpost untilSuday because I am not going to bring my laptop with me. I found out that my grand niece's stepmother died on 5 January 2016. This is really sad because Vicky lost her dad several years ago, her mom less than a year ago and her grandmother (my sister) is in hospice now. On a happier note, I will be going to Polo, IL to visit Chuck and Linda and their 4 cats next month. I will spend 19 - 25 February with them. I have to admit that I still have not taken down my Christmas tree, etc. The family that gave me the tree want to have a pizza night and see the tree. I told them I was not going to wait until March to take the stuff down. They agreed that I could store all the Christmas decorations. Maybe I will get to it next week. My Rounder's Christmas tree stays up all year. it is on the dresser in my bedroom. I have become addicted to the Doc Martin TV show. It is on Netflix. It is sooooo good! I hope everyone is well: Erin, David, Bethina, JoG, BarbCA, etc.!!!!! I will have to go back and read the posts that I have missed .
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 01-29-2016, 05:57 AM.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Morning Val - morning all!

Yesterday's meeting with the guidance counselor went WAY better than I expected. Erin was officially promoted to the 9th grade yesterday! Also, when she completes this semester she will promoted to the 10th grade and will be caught up completely. Her attendance (or lack thereof) hasn't affected her grades at all. After this year, if she desires, she can transfer back to regular high school or stay where she is - she told me she will probably stay at the alternative school she is at now because she has made friends and she likes that there are no extracurricular activities offered and the concentration is solely on academics.

My tax return hit the bank overnight, so I will be busy paying bills and buying groceries today.

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning!

Val, in case you wonder why it says I edited your post, I HAD to capitalize January in your title. There are just some things an old English teacher cannot live with.
      Pat good news about Erin. Be grateful for all the positives.
      Sharon, I pray your headache is gone and that you are on the mend.
      maxie, are the new appliances installed?
      Paula, I am pretty sure it is against the law to put peanut butter in a TX sheet cake.

So yesterday I put a pork butt in the crockpot at 4:30a. I seasoned it and browned it as directed in the recipe and added 1 cup of apple juice. By lunchtime, it was ready - moist, gorgeous. I fixed our plates with a serving, added side dishes of green beans, roasted potatoes, and applesauce plus baked some rolls. Feeling very happy to present a beautiful lunch to my husband. Then we tasted the meat and nearly passed out. SO SALTY! Down the disposal. So sad.

So today. Onward and upward. Have a great Friday. 😘

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Here is a cute cat pic..

Finally,see the sun....But cold to day..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning everyone above and to those who open the "doors" later.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day around here. I went out for lunch for a change then headed east to new and unknown territory for me. Of course I didn't go "too far" east as I have been told that there is a VERY TALL bridge that crosses the bay. Highth and water don't mix well with me.

Each day is to get even warmer, so today may be a walk. Sunday I plan to hit the beach with capris on and try a first time "selfie" just for Sharon.

Everyone have a great day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning....Today my parents come!!! I am so excited! We have several things planned...I hope to not wear my mom out....between my plans and hers...I think that we can make short trips out to do things then let her rest..we are going to Sam's...we are going to get new inserts ordered for my shoes...we are going to visit a kitty....we are going to eat lots of yummy things..we have to grocery shop for the stuff to make the yummy things my mom is wanting to eat...tonight depending on my mom's energy level she and I may attend my oldest nieces volleyball game...if not we will invite my youngest niece to stay with us so she doesn't have to go to her sisters game.

This morning I have one more load of laundry...my room...and the floors to tackle...if time allows my bathroom needs more attention

Comment

Good Morning .

except the snow on the ground and expected more ... it is a great day.... DAvid is discharged!..

Dr. will order all the meds he will need. write up his long report . I will get a ton of paper work.. and a list of who all to make follow up appts. with . then ,, with Mark and Bruces, help we will get him HOME.... he was finished with all therapy yesterday , and did great.. still has the urinary tract infection but on antibotic pills for it.. I stayed all day and babied him.. fluffing pillows. rubbing his back . etc.. his room buddy goes home too today..

SassyG.. Cute, and I swear it is real about the cats!....
              Elaine ,what a shame.. sounded like such a pretty and good meal
              Pat.. good choice of Erins to stay there... and I like the idea of less extra activities .. sounds good. but a definite distraction from the real purpose of school...the kids get run to death every evening . and don't really concentrate on subjects..
              Val, a full weekend for you !.. have fun!

better keep moving . I have not done any "housework".. all week. so must clear off tops of desk, dressers, and throw away newspapers, and stuff.. thanks for all you prayers for David... he still has some recuperating to do.. making him behave might be a problem but at least we will be at HOME..
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning! Oh it's been a crazy one already. I woke when the alarms went off at 6:30 & 7am, but fell back to sleep until 7:55! We have to be out the door at 8:10...we hustled butt and made it to the bus on time.

Yesterday was good. Kathy didn't kill herself...idiot! I personally think she was drunk & crying in her beer (figuratively) Later I called her friend that called me at 6:30am and he was ticked because she had fallen asleep & that's why she didn't respond to him. Told him. DRAMA QUEEN!

Anyways, I went to Bible study only to find out the leader was still sick & the phone tree that was suppose to pass the msg along didn't follow thru, so there were about 6 or 7 of us still there. We chatted for a while & then I left. Tuesday I got Arby's coupons in the mail, so I called my Mom and she went to lunch with me & Blaise. Nice. Came home & did some paperwork. While going out to the mailbox to mail some of what I just finished doing, I got to chat with my neighbor....the owner of the camper sales that we share a huge driveway with. He said he's going to bring me a pound of pecans he has in his freezer. We talked about nut logs, so I came in and made up a plate of cookie which included the pecan pie cookies and took it & a nut log up to the shop.

My Mom was clearing out the cupboard underneath her steps to store her new tree, so she brought me over a stack of puzzles and a big bag of goodies. Items I had bought when we lived in Bradford as extra gifts incase I needed something quick. Forgot all about them & didn't remember I had left them at my Mom's almost 4 yrs ago. LOL! Anyways, I started one of the puzzles last night. I've been in the mood to x-stitch and found out even with these new glasses, I still can't comfortably see the holes of 18 ct, so I restarted the picture last night on 14 ct. Was so thrilled and went to re-thread my needle only to find out I had just done a section with the WRONG color.....grrrrrr! That's when I quit and started the puzzle.

Not sure what today will bring. Nothing scheduled...nice. Thinking about making a couple pots of soup.....chili and chicken barley....and share some with Aunt J. She was talking about making Texas sheet cake this weekend, so MAYBE I can get a piece from her.

Oh the wind is whipping and the snow coming down. The roads look fine for Aunt J though.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, you early birds.
                  Our amazing ever-changing weather will be a beautiful, sunny 76° today. A gorgeous weekend to be had. 🌞
                  Yesterday we took our car for its regular checkup. The dealer always seems to add a little service or two for free, including getting the outside of the car washed. That took 1 hour, but it also took another hour to put on/balance the new tires that were needed. That was a good chunk of money. But the tires come with a 2-yr warranty. 🚗
                  Today I just go to the INR Clinic at the hospital for a pin-prick finger test. It sure beats having a full vial of blood drawn, often leaving bruises.
                  I seldom schedule more than one event per day. You never know when the appointment will run overtime or for how long.

Pat, I'm so glad to hear that Erin is getting herself together and catching up. Her choice is a logical, good one. She is growing up nicely.
                  Elaine, I wonder if you could have saved the pork by adding a potato or two, cut in chunks, to the pot to absorb that salt? It was a Texan to gave that advice to me one time. 😏
                  Hi Val, enjoy your weekend plans.
                  Sassy, funny cats!

To everyone, have a great day! 😄
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Maye, it's going to be good for both you and David to have him home again. Welcome home, Dave.
                    Beth, have a nice weekend with your parents.
                    Cookie, it's nice that Kathy's friend(s) will talk to you.
                    Add to my list today to get eggs for baking, and doing the last load of laundry that E didn't put in the laundry room for me.
                    Plus wrap a couple of birthday boxes to send for Febuary. ❣
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

The appliances are in!! The dishwasher was the hardest and took the longest and caused the most friction between us..just because my hands are the smallest and can get 'in there' doesn't mean they know what to do when they are 'there'. But they are in and working and this afternoon I will start to refill the fridge. It is massive and I am going to love it...but it sure is big! Today I get to clean the kitchen and do laundry. Sierra stayed over last night...yes she is staying quite often lately....and is in the shower now. She only has one class on Friday and we live 10 minutes from the campus whereas her mother is 30 minutes away, plus grandma makes breakfast. Tonight is leftovers and I am thinking I may jazz them up with a loaf of Italian bread so need to get out to shop. Great news about David coming home and Erin doing so well. Darn error message so time to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                        Good Morning .

except the snow on the ground and expected more ... it is a great day.... DAvid is discharged!..

Dr. will order all the meds he will need. write up his long report . I will get a ton of paper work.. and a list of who all to make follow up appts. with . then ,, with Mark and Bruces, help we will get him HOME.... he was finished with all therapy yesterday , and did great.. still has the urinary tract infection but on antibotic pills for it.. I stayed all day and babied him.. fluffing pillows. rubbing his back . etc.. his room buddy goes home too today..

SassyG.. Cute, and I swear it is real about the cats!....
                        Elaine ,what a shame.. sounded like such a pretty and good meal
                        Pat.. good choice of Erins to stay there... and I like the idea of less extra activities .. sounds good. but a definite distraction from the real purpose of school...the kids get run to death every evening . and don't really concentrate on subjects..
                        Val, a full weekend for you !.. have fun!

better keep moving . I have not done any "housework".. all week. so must clear off tops of desk, dressers, and throw away newspapers, and stuff.. thanks for all you prayers for David... he still has some recuperating to do.. making him behave might be a problem but at least we will be at HOME..
                        Maye,It is all true...About cats....

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post
                          Our amazing ever-changing weather will be a beautiful, sunny 76° today. A gorgeous weekend to be had. 🌞
                          Yesterday we took our car for its regular checkup. The dealer always seems to add a little service or two for free, including getting the outside of the car washed. That took 1 hour, but it also took another hour to put on/balance the new tires that were needed. That was a good chunk of money. But the tires come with a 2-yr warranty. 🚗
                          Today I just go to the INR Clinic at the hospital for a pin-prick finger test. It sure beats having a full vial of blood drawn, often leaving bruises.
                          I seldom schedule more than one event per day. You never know when the appointment will run overtime or for how long.

Pat, I'm so glad to hear that Erin is getting herself together and catching up. Her choice is a logical, good one. She is growing up nicely.
                          Elaine, I wonder if you could have saved the pork by adding a potato or two, cut in chunks, to the pot to absorb that salt? It was a Texan to gave that advice to me one time. 😏
                          Sassy, funny cats!

JoGee,is that so cute..I think my cats do that too..When i am not looking..

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post

Sassy, funny cats!

JoGee.is that cute pic...

Comment

Elaine, your comment made me laugh out loud! No lol about it! Worth writing it out...
                              So, in deference to Texas, I will now call my "other" cake Peanut Butter sheet cake...ok?
                              I still remember the first time I ate Texas sheet cake. A woman visiting her MIL in the convalescent hospital where I worked on summer break) brought one in. We All begged for the recipe and I made it every time there was a cake occasion . Back then, her recipe said to use margarine and that is what I used up until I saw the Pioneer Woman uses butter in hers.
                              Happy to read David is coming home. Nothing like your own bed!
                              And home cooking!
                              Raining here and thunder and lightening in the forecast, too.
                              I am doing The Great Tax Round-Up here. At least the important papers are all gathered...wish me luck. Adding the totals on food and supplies is daunting.
                              Pat, good to read Erin's news. She has been in my prayers.
                              Enjoy the day and spread the smiles!
                              Still grinning over your Texas sheet cake law, Elaine! ( I bet they don't use walnuts in Texas, either...)

Comment

Working...
                              X