Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Wednesday ~ Jan. 27th

Morning all

Warmer today and supposed to rain and then the temp will steadily drop all day.

Coming to work this morning - turned onto the road our condo is located and there stood a giant buck deer. Beautiful! It always makes my day to see them - we are about 1/2 mile outside St. Andrews State Park and it is full of deer.

Still having issues with Erin not sleeping - even though she is back on her meds. It's like she's a baby and has her days and nights mixed up. She's broken and I can't fix her and this weighs heavily on my mind.

I'm off to make the office coffee, unload the dishwasher, do the daily reports and get this party started. Y'all have a good 'un.

Paula - I got an email from AllRecipes about Texas sheet cakes and now I'm craving one. Probably the White one. Oh so good!
    Last edited by Pat B; 01-27-2016, 06:35 AM.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning, Everyone.

Pat, Erin always seems to rise and fall and rise again. She's still young. She's strong, and she has you in her corner. We are all rooting for her.

No news. Staying in. Cold and disagreeable. Cooking and eating.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

another wet day..

I saw this pic at Christmas time.And i was going to show it off..

The suite was down.It is little late..My cat did that..Climb the tree.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning....I am so excited that I just can't hide it!!! My parents are coming for the week end!!! I have a couple things to pick up at the grocery store for my dad....and mom has asked me to go to the historic part of Saint Charles to get her a special kind of tea for her...so I am going to do that today...I may even get an ice cream cone at my favorite ice cream shop down town...just depends on how it all works out...or I will get off the bus near a Mcdonalds and get lunch...

This evening is church...

One of the things we may get to do this week end is visit a possible kitty....it depends on how mom feels and that kinda thing..I have to call the place today to get directions....

Tomarrow afternoon I will make cookies...and maybe brownies...

Comment

I keep losing this post. Stupid computer!

A very god day to all! It is 50 degrees now and the high for the day is 51. I am going to lunch (at O'Charleys) and it will probably be raining.

I am praying that real life will get less stressful! Too much going on right mow.

Pat, I feel for you and Erin. But sje IS young and strong and she will get through this. It is so tough on a mom when her kids are struggling!!!!!

Maye: I hope that David continues to do well.

I hope that allof you, and your families are doing well!!!

Have a great day everyone and do something you loveto do!!
          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Just about froze my butt off waiting for the bus...no warmth with that sunshine yet.

Yesterday was good for the most part. Didn't get a whole lot done, but enough. Kathy's friends must be tired of her mooching because she stayed two nights here. She didn't get up until almost 3pm and then we had an argument about her staying here. I told her if she's here, she HAS to get a job and HAS to pay rent. She doesn't believe she should have to pay rent when all she does is sleep here.....hmmmm...how about the food she eats & the showers she takes? No matter what, at 22 she SHOULD be working.

Today is cooking day for my cousin Karen. Going to try another recipe I saw on FB. Working on making bumble berry pies right now. This afternoon I'm meeting up with the Tupperware lady I met a couple weeks ago at a sale. She was running a cash & carry sale, though I didn't have enough cash with me. She reserved a set of huge lidded bowls for me & I'm finally getting them today. The largest holds 42 cups. I already have one set and I used them all the time last summer when I was making large batches of pie filling.

Pat...I feel for you. I just cringe when I read your posts about Erin and hope she comes out on the other side better than Kathy.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
              Our weather is holding in the 60's & sunny; tomorrow through Sunday will be in the 70's again; then Monday it drops to the 50's and rain. Well, the rain will be nice anyway. 🌧
              Yesterday I DID GET MY PILLS! Talk about just in time! What a relief. I didn't realized how stressed I was til I relaxed, and had cramping most of the day. I discovered at home the pills had a childproof lid...my hands can't operate those. I looked to see if I had a lid from another bottle to substitute it, but the hospital bottles are an in-between size of the local pharmacies! So with his trusty little knife, E removed a tab from the bottle, and the cap simply screwed on. 😊
              Today will be better. I don't even mind doing the laundry today. Tonight we will be going to the Gaslight theater for a musical comedy. They really have some new shows lined up this year. (They had been doing new twists on the regular unchanging plays.). The new shows are refreshing.

Pat, I hope Erin's sleep patterns improve soon. Would she be interested in yoga to teach her body to relax? Just a thought.
              Beth, how nice your parents will be visiting. Enjoy your time together.
              Sassygirl, I had trouble making out that picture at first. It's funny.
              Cookie, if Kathy is going to stay there, yes she should pay rent as she is an additional user of the utilities you have to pay for, plus she should be responsible for a few other chores other than keeping her room straightened out.
              Elaine, Val, and everyone...Hi ! Hope you all have a great day today. 🌹
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Wednesday and I am here at a much better time.
                Pat, I know how it feels to have someone with panic attacks/ anxiety. Becky told me, " just knowing you are here, mom" helped. And counseling. And Time.
                I really wish there was something we could do, and hope it helps knowing so many of us here are with you in spirit, even if we can't be right beside you.
                I love the white Texas sheet cake. Next time I make it I am using both almond and vanilla. Maybe it already calls for it, but I am using more...but first, the lemon crumble bar recipe you sent!
                Garbage cans have been picked up so I need to haul it in...can, not cans.
                Have a great day! It will be near 60* and sunny and that is just wonderful. Also, our lakes are filling up! Some places you couldn't even launch a boat last year where the ramps were....the water was too low. But my yard sure looks squishy and yucky!
                But that's a good thing!
                Have a good, happy day! We've got your back!

Comment

Appliance delivery called today and they are coming tomorrow! Yikes!! We have our schedule set for Friday delivery and now that is messing with everything. Andrew's mother has a nephew coming to take the old since they work fine and we had those going out and the new coming in all planned down to unloading the fridge and carrying that to the basement fridge. Oh well, best laid plans...but now I will be without water a day sooner and Jon's weekend off was switched so he isn't off this one like planned. Told you nothing goes as planned around here and I hate the stress and no one else has stress because that is another one of my jobs...I am the designated stresser to make their lives happier! Was that snarky? I know my life is a piece of cake compared to others but darn it, I hate things out of wack. Oh Pat I am so sorry for you and Erin. Being a teenager is the hardest part of growing up and to have other complications is just not fair. Makes my rant about appliance deliveries seem rather small. Jo glad you got your pills and Beth that your parents are coming. Cookie guess no matter how old they get home is where they come back to...weather you want them or not, but being a contributing member of the family makes their homecoming a lot easier to take. Need to get moving because I am the only one here to get the work done today. Greetings to anyone I missed saying morning to.

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post
                    Good morning.
                    Our weather is holding in the 60's & sunny; tomorrow through Sunday will be in the 70's again; then Monday it drops to the 50's and rain. Well, the rain will be nice anyway. 🌧
                    Yesterday I DID GET MY PILLS! Talk about just in time! What a relief. I didn't realized how stressed I was til I relaxed, and had cramping most of the day. I discovered at home the pills had a childproof lid...my hands can't operate those. I looked to see if I had a lid from another bottle to substitute it, but the hospital bottles are an in-between size of the local pharmacies! So with his trusty little knife, E removed a tab from the bottle, and the cap simply screwed on. 😊
                    Today will be better. I don't even mind doing the laundry today. Tonight we will be going to the Gaslight theater for a musical comedy. They really have some new shows lined up this year. (They had been doing new twists on the regular unchanging plays.). The new shows are refreshing.

Pat, I hope Erin's sleep patterns improve soon. Would she be interested in yoga to teach her body to relax? Just a thought.
                    Beth, how nice your parents will be visiting. Enjoy your time together.
                    Sassygirl, I had trouble making out that picture at first. It's funny.
                    Cookie, if Kathy is going to stay there, yes she should pay rent as she is an additional user of the utilities you have to pay for, plus she should be responsible for a few other chores other than keeping her room straightened out.
                    Elaine, Val, and everyone...Hi ! Hope you all have a great day today. 🌹
                    JoGee,I should made it bigger...The cat is hang on the side of the Christmas tree...With his legs hanging on the side...

Comment

Good morning, all. A bit of frost here this AM but should be in the 60s by afternoon. Winter isn't bothering me mentally as it usually does because we are grateful to get a decent rain. On the other hand the changing weather patterns are doing a job on my back and Sciatica in my left leg and hip is really bugging me. Ouch!

OK. enough grumbling. Going to lunch with the seniors today for roast pork. They are getting so PC about what the serve that I may stop going if I get anymore inedible food. Turkey pot pie as disgusting and they have been sending muffins that go into the garbage. Seems they have been told to lessen the amount of sugar used but no sugar in a chocolate muffin is a sin. Blueberry was better only because it was loaded with blueberries. (Shaking my head.)
                      Seems that that turned into a grumble. Best to go and stop grouching.

I'm grateful that I got up this morning with less pain than yesterday, there's more rain coming this weekend, and I have plenty of food. I have a lot more gratitude but that's my 3 for today.

Pat, I can so relate to the problems with Erin. I had three teen daughters at once but we all survived.

I have never heard of White Texas sheet cake. I always made a chocolate one for Mom when she was in the home so she could share with the other guests and the staff

That's all for now. Have a great day and keep warm and dry.

Comment

Aloha all!

Maxie, sorry about the appliance mix up. Hope you can work everything out ok.

Pat, Erin is young and strong and like someone said she is on your side. Hope there will be something to help her sleep at night and get her days switched back to normal.

Janet, hope they can get that UTI taken care of on David. Not a fun thing to have.

Had a wonderful time last night. Left here about 3:15 and was picked up at the Wailea Merriot Beach hotel. Made two more stops to pick up other people then on to Lahaina to board the little ship. Saw some whales from the bus, but really saw them on the dinner cruise. If a boat comes within 100 yards of a whale it must stop and wait till they move on. Our boat stopped and we watched a mother and a baby for about 1/2 hour just lazing about. I think it was a new baby as it was so small (for a whale). Cute. My son got a video of it on his Iphone and lots of stills. The dinner was really good. Got home about 9:30. A very fun evening but a bit expensive but worth it--especially seeing the whales close up like that.

Have a good rest of the day all!

Comment

Good Evening .

just a quick report of David.... the main Doctor for the transition unit stopped by last night to chat with David... they are giving him meds for the infection.. The Dr. did give him a date of release..Friday Afternoon...Davids rehab exercises are going just great , the therapist all agree he is physical active now... D. was not real happy about the extra day... but I just want to be sure any infections is under control... the sons have got time off to help bring him home Friday.. He is eating better ..and is only grumpy about being in hospital.. so One full day yet... and I will go set with him for that one... I came home early today so I could just Rest.. did not do a single bit of housework.. just read and slept..

again, thank you all for you prayers and support.. I really love the Round Table family..
                          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                          X