Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed. 20th

Good morning .. or should say good middle of the night

woke up , and could not get back to sleep.. so will post here and then read a while ...
    Mike and I will be getting some stops made on our way to hospital. groc store. library gas station . and then spend most of the day with David.. I posted last evening on yesterday..for how he is doing. which is great.. except for lots of pain..most of it coming from his bad back.. and not being able to lay vurled up on his side in bed. ... maybe the main drains will get removed today and he will have range of motion.. most all monitoring lines were unhooked last evening ..

Im getting concerned about the big snow that is being predicted.....hope it kind of slides by with only an inch or two..

hi to you all...SassyG.. when I merged topics your cats did not come with us yesterday.. you can post that picture again!.

Hi Justy and Paula... and all dear friends
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 01-20-2016, 04:31 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Whoa - it is 27 degrees right now and we were supposed to have a low of 33! I hope that the high of 44 is wrog also and it will be warmer. I have an 8:15am doctor's appointment in Augusta. I am going to freeze my buns off! Oh well, there is a lot to freeze off!

I FINALLY have all my health insurance and prescription drug plans in place. My Medicare supplement is in effect now, but the drug plan doesn't start until 1 February 2016, That is a bit of a bummer. I will have to change pharmacies and that is hard because Publix is a GREAT pharmacy. I will now have to go t Walgreens. It is better than Kroger or Walmart though!!!!

I met with my new lawyer yesterday and I had no idea that it would be even tougher than I thought. She seems to be good, but going through an unwanted divorce is the pits. It is also too expensive.

I am going to dinner with friends after Mass tonight and I am really looing forward to that!

I keep getting, "Invalid Server Response.. Please try again. It knocked me off the topic, but it was restored and I didn't lose it. I will come back later.

Have a super day everyone and keep warm and safe. I pray that the snow from Winter storm Jonah isn't too bad.

Prays also for Janet and David and all the Rounder family and their loved ones!
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Morning all

At my desk and busy. Payroll and Owner Statements today.

Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...I finally feel good...plans for today....stay in out of the cold...and text or skype with my mother while she goes through her first chemo.

Comment

Maye,OK...It happens..

I will find that pic..Of the kitty..

Bethnia,I know how you feel....My mother is going though too..
          Brr..It could out side..Not even man or beast..

Here is this cute..kitty pic...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning.

Janet, my thoughts are with you and Dave today.

JoG, thanks for the recipe. Sounds yummy.

Hi Val, beth, sassy!

Hope everyone has a good day. Out of town dental visit for me.

Comment

Good FROSTY Morning! Don't like it, but if it'll kill bugs, I say go for it! I'm so sick of the stink bugs that keep popping up around here, and NOT dying.

Cute pic Sassy!

Yesterday wasn't near as productive as I would have liked. I'm addicted to a new game we got for the computer at Christmas & it keeps calling my name. Anyways, I did start sorting tax stuff, but didn't get too far. Decided I'd rather cook and made a big pan of scalloped potatoes with ham and delivered some to Aunt J's and my cousin Karen's since I figured they wouldn't have much energy to cook after being at the hospital all day. Much more fun than sorting slips of paper. After supper I decided to head to Aldi's and get my supplies then rather than this morning. New NCIS was on last night. The show just isn't going to be the same without Tony.

Have to deal with health insurance this morning then back to sorting slips. Today is actual cooking day for my cousin Karen. She took off while the kids were home from college, but now that everyone is back to school, we'll get back into that routine...sort of...she's backing down to one day instead of two. Today I'm going to make the Orange Chicken recipe that I've made a couple times from a recipe I got off FB. It's really good. Time consuming to make though, but no worse than other recipes that take time. I think instead of making them a salad, I'm going to do a veggie tray with dip.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
                I posted last evening about my doctor's appointment. Bottom line....I don't need the surgery. 😄 My PCP isn't aware of the "old" blood filters...mine is permanent, and an attempt to remove it would be major, and probably complicated surgery. The ones they use today are made differently, and can be removed after a time.

The weather here is reaching 70's, will get to 77 in a few days, but then drop to 60 again... Crazy, isn't it?

Maye, that banana at bedtime worked. I slept through the night last night.
                Cookie, I only saw the middle part of NCIS last night. (It's MY favorite show, not his!) Will you give me a quick update?
                Punkin, my middle daughter is going through the same thing. He hadn't given his dau anything for Xmas, and there's been no support since then either. DD is getting excellent free advice/assistance from USAA where she banks, though. Her boss extended her hours so she has rent money, anyway. 😎

Well, to all, have a very good day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Warmer this morning...16* and about 2 inches of new snow. Not to bad considering what they are predicting for the east coast. My pot of stew melted away on the table last night. Those kids gobbled it! Today a pot of chili and tomorrow scalloped potatoes and pork chops. Looks like Jon will be returning to afternoon shift in a month due to a mix up. All of us will hate that although my nightly cooking days will be over and I am back to two days a week. Door guy was very late yesterday but he showed and the last inside door is hung and all others finally trimmed out. I have my curtains ordered for the kitchen although that is not a certainty....I seem to order and return before finding the perfect one. Do not know what the day will bring for me. Andrew needs new jeans and shoes but I will not shop for him without his trying them on. Guess when he toes start sticking out and his pants won't pull up he will find the time to shop. Sierra came in yesterday wearing the scarf he got her for Christmas. Took him forever to make up his mind that day so to see her wearing it tickled him. My coffee got cold fast so need another cup. Glad everyone is having good medical reports and feeling better. In case I have ever missed saying this to anyone....winter sucks!

Comment

Good morning here. Garbage trucks have come but I haven't brought the cans in yet. One little early girl who, starting tomorrow , will be back to her usual time But so will her new baby brother...I love the thought of holding a baby, but the worries that come with new babies...but he is almost almost 3 months old. And we hope he will take a bottle...I have told them to let the dad give him the bottle so he will be used to it.
                    Better get moving.
                    I hope all goes well with your errands and hospital visit, Maye. Bethina, give your mom our best thoughts.
                    Hope the weather is not at its worst for my RT friends!

Comment

I wrote that more than an hour ago and I guess I didn't hit post reply hard enough.
                      Good thing it was still here.
                      Jo, I agree with Elaine: the recipe looks good!

Comment

Thanks Paula & Elaine.
                        We really like it a lot.
                        The recipe is posted in the kitchen for anyone else who is interested.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

So glad David is doing so well!

Yesterday was nice as we, Patty, Walt, Bim, and I went to a new to us Italian restaurant not too far away. Really really good and is a keeper. Had the best Quiche and salad that goes with it. Bim had an excellent pizza and he brought some of it back to have as snacks. Patty had the same as me and Walt had Chicken Alfredo.

Think I will go to Walmart today on the Kalama Heights bus.

Donna, I have become addicted to a computer game too called Paradise Bay. I get so mad at myself for being addicted but just can't keep away.

Have a good day all! And those of you in the storm area stay warm.

Comment

Originally posted by cookielady View Post
                            Good FROSTY Morning! Don't like it, but if it'll kill bugs, I say go for it! I'm so sick of the stink bugs that keep popping up around here, and NOT dying.

Cute pic Sassy!

Yesterday wasn't near as productive as I would have liked. I'm addicted to a new game we got for the computer at Christmas & it keeps calling my name. Anyways, I did start sorting tax stuff, but didn't get too far. Decided I'd rather cook and made a big pan of scalloped potatoes with ham and delivered some to Aunt J's and my cousin Karen's since I figured they wouldn't have much energy to cook after being at the hospital all day. Much more fun than sorting slips of paper. After supper I decided to head to Aldi's and get my supplies then rather than this morning. New NCIS was on last night. The show just isn't going to be the same without Tony.

Have to deal with health insurance this morning then back to sorting slips. Today is actual cooking day for my cousin Karen. She took off while the kids were home from college, but now that everyone is back to school, we'll get back into that routine...sort of...she's backing down to one day instead of two. Today I'm going to make the Orange Chicken recipe that I've made a couple times from a recipe I got off FB. It's really good. Time consuming to make though, but no worse than other recipes that take time. I think instead of making them a salad, I'm going to do a veggie tray with dip.

Have a good one all!
                            CookieLady,I hate those bugs too..You have to watch out for them..My cats like to play with them..lol..thank-you..

Comment

Originally posted by ladyebug View Post
                              Good Morning.

Janet, my thoughts are with you and Dave today.

JoG, thanks for the recipe. Sounds yummy.

Hi Val, beth, sassy!

Hope everyone has a good day. Out of town dental visit for me.
                              Ladybug,Hello..And Good morning...

Comment

Working...
                              X