No announcement yet.

Monday Jan 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncle Dave is in recovery and Aunt J said he's pink & warm. He's not awake yet

Comment

Thanks, Donna
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Aloha all!

Great news about David. I just copied and pasted Donna's post on another forum I go to where every one there is as concerned as everyone on this forum. So happy it is over and went well.

Nice day here so everyone have a great day all!

Thanks, Donna, for keeping us posted.

Comment

Yes, thank you and speedy recovery!

Comment

its now after 10 pm.

Mike and I got home about 8 .30.. I set down and went promptly to sleep!... for a quick cat nap.
            now to get to bed ..

a long day for all of us...the procedure went smoothly and quickly ... David was in a lot of pain most of the day.. the ventilator tube down his throat was bothering him so much .. His bad back got to aching .and then the Chest started to thump... once the ventilator could be removed. he was much better.. the ICU was set up different than any other I have ever been at..... he was assigned one nurse for a 12 hr shift.. and she had complete control of many tubes and meds... managing his diabetes med. his blood pressure and pain .. we were allowed to go to his room in 2s or 3s. and quietly stay , encourage him to waken,, for maybe 5 min visits.. just before we came home .the nurse , with help,, transfered him to a recliner chair.. made him stand, turn and sit.. and then fed him some jello. and started pill pain med. which works the best for him... amazing ... The Dr.,surgeon was pleased at the condition of Davids bones and chest muscle conditions.. and glad he elected to get this done Now..

so thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts.... he is not out of the woods yet.. but will pray he continues to heal .. we will be going back in to hospital in the morning ...
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
            X