Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 6th

Good Morning ..

will pop back off for a min just to set the title..

back again, that will keep us from having two morning posts...

Son Mark just walked in the door ,,for his morning visit and coffee.
    I have been up since 4... will need a nap today...

Church for sure.. a special music treat .. by a guest bell ringer.. .. and I love the Christmas season church services.

then I will do Christmas cards this afternoon... I spent yesterday afternoon at Karens.. she got on her computer and found the gift I was hunting for the Grandkids.. and got it ordered... a 20 min job . but we kept getting interrupted .ended up being there 3 hours... ( will catch you later Donna.).

hey ,I will be back. hope your day is great !...
    Hi Justy, Paula and Sassygirl
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 12-06-2015, 05:56 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Hello Everyone,And Maye too

Me too.I loved this season too..It is the spirit of Christmas..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Morning all

I actually went to bed last night around 8:30 and didn't wake up until 6 this morning. I think my body just needs to catch up once in a while.

Woke up thinking of making Christmas goodies today. Have a recipe for chewy coconut lime sugar cookies that I want to start with. So many recipes, and no real $$ to buy all the ingredients! And one of my co-workers was recently diagnosed with diabetes and is trying to control it with diet, so I certainly don't want to sabotage her efforts!

So I'll have more coffee and think about it for a while. Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi Janet, Hi sassy!

Hope all is well with everyone.

We got off to a good start with our ham. Breakfast: ham and eggs. Lunch: Ham and baked potato. Dinner: Ham sandwich. Church: Ham and cheese ball.
        Am I already tired of ham?

No plans for the day beyond church and more ham.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It's very pretty out there. There was a very heavy frost last night & it's covered all the ground and trees. The trees are just shimmering.

Yesterday was good. Not as productive as I would have liked, but I did get the first round of sugar cookies bagged up into orders. Spent the morning puttering along doing a bit of laundry and cleaning the kitchen. Took Blaise to the Christmas parade in Freeport because my niece was marching in it with the band. Came home and baked off the filled cookies. The raisin filling came out perfect this year. Raisins plumped up nicely & not too much goo. Made a nice dinner and got some chicken quarters on simmering to make a pot of soup today. Should be enough leftovers for Cork to take to work for the next few days.

Went to church this morning. Now to mix up 4 kinds of cookie dough and hopefully bake off some of it. Will make that pot of soup. Going to play cards this evening at my SIL.

Elaine...Becca & I LOVE ham. One of our favorites is scalloped potatoes with a layer of ham in the center....YUM!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, all.
            Yesterday was a "lost " day, and I accomplished nothing. I was shivering cold. It was 71° out, and E put the heat up to 80 for me. I hope today will go better.

I looked at the forecast this morning. It'll be in the high 70's most of the week and in the 40's at night, go a bit over 80 on Thursday, and Friday will drop to the low 60's. I hate when it drops that far.

The doc says my echo readout was "normal" (I'll be having questions), and to do nothing special. Long story shorter, the repeat echo test was cancelled. Well, one less thing.

No particular plans for today. I'll be bringing in the paper shortly.

Sassy, I really love today's kitty cartoon! Thanks.

So....just wishing you all a very good day! 😃
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...just got up..not going to church this morning...my friends that I go with didn't go...They just moved into their place yesterday and will spend today resting...I am waiting for the grocery store close by to open...will go on my bike as I need quiet a few things..am thinking that I might not get a whole lot today...and will go to Aldi on the bus tomarrow...I think that I want a yummy snack today..and will spend my day reading...Tommarrow I will go on the bus to Aldis...

Yesterday was another really fun day....but I am wore out..We went to Ikea yesterday...my mom my sis my couisin...one niece and a friend of hers along with myself...it was great fun..I saw some stuff that I want to get to use in my bed room..mostly picture frames...I bought a new desk chair..for really really cheap.

Comment

ALOHA all!

A new day to anticipate! Did get most of my Christmas things done yesterday and now will have to mail some at the PO tomorrow or the next day. Today, after a quick trip to Safeway, will play with my new little sewing machine. Also might decorate the inside of my apartment for Christmas. Not that I have much anymore. Hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it's so nice and sunny and warm out.

Have a good day all!

Comment

It is a chilly Sunday morning, but all is good inside.
                  Sassy girl , my mom's cat would Love 12 cardboard boxes! He just shreds them up one side and down the other!
                  Elaine, freeze some ham for those scalloped potatoes Donna mentioned! You made me lol with your ham itinerary!
                  I made sour cream drop cookies yesterday and a peanut butter bar cookie. The sour cream are a recipe that Gary's mom and "gram" made.
                  I bought fresh raisins for the raisin filled cookies. 5.00 for 12 pounds.
                  Not much here today after church. It is raining so I will need a few more projects for the kids, but this time of year, there is no shortage of art you can do!
                  Hope you all have a good day! Enjoy some of the music of this season!

Comment

Andrew finish his shopping yesterday then we came home to wrap it. His style and taste in wrapping tends to differ a lot from mine. And everything is smothered in bows of every size and color. More and more more is his leaning. He is leaving early today so they can cut down their tree and he is excited. He follows me up in the mornings and I am a coffee clumper and he is a talker. The two do not mix. Sierra knew I needed coffee before chatter but this little boy has a lot of excitement brewing. I was surprised at the lack of shoppers in the mall. No long lines and the cops directing traffic into the mall were not necessary still it was nice that I wasn;t driving. Both guys had remarkable patience and Jon took us out for breakfast and dinner...yesterday was my birthday. Not that they are important anymore other than to state I am still here to have one. Did not hear from Sierra but then Drew did not see her this weekend either. She made no effort. I try not to hate mommy dearest but darn it, it is hard to think pleasant thoughts. Chili is on the menu for today and after Andrew leaves more wrapping. Should finish it up today. Trying so hard to find Christmas spirit ....but right now my ears are ringing. I do not know what he is talking about but he is going on and on and on.. and on and on...

Comment

Happy Birthday yesterday, Maxie!

How old is Andrew? Sounds like my youngest great grandson. He's a chatterer too.

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post
                        Good morning, all.
                        Yesterday was a "lost " day, and I accomplished nothing. I was shivering cold. It was 71° out, and E put the heat up to 80 for me. I hope today will go better.

I looked at the forecast this morning. It'll be in the high 70's most of the week and in the 40's at night, go a bit over 80 on Thursday, and Friday will drop to the low 60's. I hate when it drops that far.

The doc says my echo readout was "normal" (I'll be having questions), and to do nothing special. Long story shorter, the repeat echo test was cancelled. Well, one less thing.

No particular plans for today. I'll be bringing in the paper shortly.

Sassy, I really love today's kitty cartoon! Thanks.

So....just wishing you all a very good day! 😃
                        JoGee,This one it is the best..you are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Paula A View Post
                          It is a chilly Sunday morning, but all is good inside.
                          Sassy girl , my mom's cat would Love 12 cardboard boxes! He just shreds them up one side and down the other!
                          Elaine, freeze some ham for those scalloped potatoes Donna mentioned! You made me lol with your ham itinerary!
                          I made sour cream drop cookies yesterday and a peanut butter bar cookie. The sour cream are a recipe that Gary's mom and "gram" made.
                          I bought fresh raisins for the raisin filled cookies. 5.00 for 12 pounds.
                          Not much here today after church. It is raining so I will need a few more projects for the kids, but this time of year, there is no shortage of art you can do!
                          Hope you all have a good day! Enjoy some of the music of this season!
                          Paula A..and mine too..It sound just like mine cat..lol..

Comment

Working...
                          X