Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATURDAY ~ 12/5

HOWDY!

Why is no one starting these threads? It is nearly 7a here.

What has happened to Val? Is Mickie ever coming back?

Something very exciting did happen yesterday.l I was overcharged at the market on 2 items, and when I discovered it, I took photos of both labels and took my receipt back to the store.
    In years past, I would never have bothered. In fact, I never even used to check the receipts. But I've stopped all that nonsense and now watch carefully. If only I would do it before I get home.
    So left the store 15 dollars richer!

Well, it's super cold here. Frost on the pumpkins and everything else.

Hope you all have a great day. I need to get started on church bulletins and do something with this ham butt I thought we needed. Can 2 people eat half a ham? Stay tuned.

Nalani, send me some of your warm weather. (Had to laugh at your doll story)

Elaine - the definition of eternity is two people and a ham

Morning all! It's my weekend off! I'm going to cook breakfast for Chris before he has to go to work and then I'm taking Erin for a haircut. She now wants to change her hair from blue to black. *sigh* Why would ANYONE want to ruin their beautiful hair like that?

Am thinking of making some Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies today also. Got some ribs I need to make for supper also.

I *should* clean house, but well, ahem, I just can't find the motivation.

So I'm off for more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...I have a house full of company upstairs..I have my mom my sister and my cousin here... I am now waiting my turn for a shower..

Mom scared me last night...I think she just over did it....we shopped the entire day....it was fun....My big purchase was a Vera Bradly purse...normally way way to expensive for me to even think about having..or purchasing...I got my little one yesterday for 9.00 I was very excited! Its just big enough for my wallet cell phone and a few essentials..I don't need anything much bigger than that when I on the bus or running around.

Today is more shopping...this afternoon I must get some groceries...then I have no plan to leave my house until Monday.

Comment

Good Morning. Grump is going on about the weather people changing the forcast, I keep telling him that I can't change the weather that he needs to talk to Mother Nature. He does have the part fixed for the Explorer and Maryann has said that if it is to cold he can use her garage to put it in.She even said that she has some old blankets to put down so he won't be laying on the cold floor.

Nalani, glad I'm not the only one who gave a doll a hair cut. I got a doll for Christmas one year and since it had red hair like a younger cousin who was a complete brat, I cut the hair off as short as I could. Didn't want my baby to be a brat like she was LOL.

Comment

Met my new Doc yesterday. He took his time talking to me. Didn't like half the stuff reg. Dr. had me on and etc. Shocked them when my right arm set off an alarm while checking BP. Left arm was extremely low but right was extremely high. So he put me on a BP pill. Have to go Monday for CT scan. He also put me on Spiriva. My son and I both thought he seems to get a good Dr. and knowledgeable. Time will tell.

We are in a dense fog advisory. Grandson was to do the Sam's run. I sent my SRX home with him as he was going to get an early start this morning but may have decided to wait if the fog is bad. Here in town it isn't.

Better get back to my laundry.............

Comment

Good Morning .. I was here earlier Elaine ..feeling like a rag doll... steps, cold weather and running around has put my legs, KNEES , in a blue funk .
            ..... muscle cramp in calf of left , that is still semi -there. and the right ankle.. locked up.. and the knees don't want to bend. aggggggggggg.. so I get out of bed.. and pray I make it down the hall to the bathroom... (did ).. and have been limping thru the house ever since... Mark was here early for Sat morning coffee...

now,, I do want to go to Donnas, pick up yeast. visit a bit. then go to daug. Karens.. and shop on line with her. to get the grandkids "all the same" gift.. I am assuming David will go to sawmill if it warms up.. altho he is not feeling great either... I am beginning to not like this particular decade of our lives. to many aches and pains..

Pat,, when g.dau Shawna was in high school she took beauty school her last two years. and her hair was all colors.. shapes. cuts. her Graduation
            picture in my living room has a mixture of blond and red. ...finally she is back to her own color and letting it get longer.. (and she is now 22).. remember , hair comes and goes. and let her wear it anyway she wants to.. I saw a young girl at Wendy last week with lovely long reddish hair.. but on the top of her head. she had it stripped of color and had it White. like a layer of snow.. I just smile at her..

Bethina, a bargain on your purse!... I just got a Alfred Dunner leather purse .$70.. marked down for special sale ,, and then 15% more off if you let it go on their credit card.. (which I did. ). ended up $28.. love it . will last me forever.

Elaine , read somewhere Mickie can get on but is busy just yet.. hope she shows up Monday..

see you all later..

Hi Justy
            ~~~~~Hi pretty Paula.

Sassygirl.. what did you find for me this morning? ....
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Drew is up working on his lego advent calendar and we are both waiting for his dad to get up so we can get moving...Drew finishes his shopping today and I think we are stopping by the winery so I can finish mine, Did not go to the tree lighting and for one logical reason....'Grandma, all they are going to do is plug in a tree. You do that every day.' So we went grocery shopping and ate DQ instead. Heavy frost last night. Have a good Saturday all.

Comment

Good SUNNY FRIGID Morning! Love the sunshine! Yesterday was sunny too.

Yesterday was very productive. I ran to the bakery supply place first and then came home to bake, bake, bake. Got 4 kinds of cookies baked....2 of them decorated as needed too and into freezer. I quit and did nothing after dinner. Made spaghetti & salad for dinner....yum!

This morning started out with me setting up 3 card tables outside my garage and putting out all the trays of sugar cookies I have iced so far. Bagged up most of them into orders....BRRRRR!!!! Now to clean up my kitchen and start baking again. Will take a break early afternoon & take Blaise to a parade down in Freeport with my SIL. Then bake for more baking & mixing up more dough for tomorrow's baking fun.

Kathy nagged & begged to have a friend of hers from FL who's up in PA to come visit for a couple days. She's currently cleaning my house....LOL!!!! Like that deal. Supposedly she got the job at a local gas station and supposedly is to start in a couple weeks. I'll believe that when I see it.

OK...think I'm getting thawed out enough to get started in the kitchen. Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning.
                  Speaking of dolls, yes, I gave mine a haircut. The hair was something that couldn't be combed. The haircut made it worse. I discovered that under the hair was mesh, so I just tore off the rest of the wig. Then I snitched some yellow paint (mom was repainting her kitchen yellow), and I painted yellow "hair" on her, complete with spit-curls. And I used mom's red nail polish to paint the dolls lips and nails. Noticing that the doll's mouth had no opening, I was then afraid she'd starve to death, so I cut her cloth stomach open and stuffed it with crackers, then I sewed her back up, pretty confident she'd not have hunger pangs.

I'm not sure what's in store for today. Except finish wrapping up stocking stuffers for the family. We will make one visit to the kids in Phoenix before Xmas.

The weather is back to the mid/high 70's again. For what it's worth. Nights are in the 40's, which keeps mornings and dark-times chilly.

As I posted last evening, I have new glasses coming. Seems my regular eye doc had me seeing at 20:40. This doc will bring it up to 20:25. (E said it wasn't my doc's fault, but rather the people who ground the glasses. I don't know, though, because when she gave me the first pair, I couldn't see clearly, and the bifocal cut into my vision; so she had them redone....better, but still missing clarity. But I refuse to argue with E about it.)

I won't have to go for the echocardiogram this coming week. They cancelled it. But I will be asking my doc about it when I see him in January. He said the original reading looks normal. What's normal? Fluid on my lungs?. Calcified thorax? Enlarged heart with slow-dripping fluid? Not that I'm wanting meds. But if this stuff is going on, then let me know what I need to know so it doesn't get worse.

Hopefully, a quiet day ahead.

Elaine, good for you! That $15 can go a long way to being useful.
                  Pat, my GD likes her hair purple. Sometimes she blends it with pink and/or green. Very "edgy" haircuts, too. It's very "in" with today's teens, I guess.
                  Beth, happy shopping! Enjoy your company.
                  Hi Darla, Justy, and all who follow ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I think I'll get some breakfast. E isn't usually up before 9, and I don't want to wait because my morning meds need food.

Have a great day! 😊
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Still cool but nice with a bit of frost.

Today I hope to go down to community room and help make tamales. I have made them myself many times so it shouldn't be too hard.

About all for this morning. I need some breakfast. Later.

Comment

Aloha all!

Still dark out so don't know what the weather will be like. Most likely nice.

Will keep myself busy doing Christmas things and play on my new little Singer Sewing machine I got yesterday through Amazon. It looks like a beauty and I'm anxious to try it plus it looks very easy to use.

Have a good day all!

Comment

I am sorry everyone...The time flew by for me...

Wrapping Christmas gifts..And having alot help.

Maye...This cat it is "YOU"..lol...To me is really cute..

Nalani,You are one lucky person..What a great Christmas gift...
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Cold morning here, too. I had an early appointment and now home for a few before I do the run to Walmart and drop the dog at the groomers...
                          I used to say to myself, Hair is a renewable resource. That got me through my kids teen years. But, why do the natural blondes want black hair when I spend money to lighten mine? I, too, just smile at whomever is serving me or around. Hair doesn't hurt me.
                          Baking day has arrived! Becky is making bar cookie for the shelter and then I am making sugar cookies...and mincemeat cookies.
                          You all sound like you have a lot going on. Stay warm and healthy!

Comment

Paula, that's like curly haired people ant straight hair, and straight haired people want curly hair.
                            I've colored my hair every "natural" color in the book, and every time I did some people would say,
                            "Now that's your natural color...I like it!" Red was the most fun, I think. But now I'm happy with my gray. I like to use a silver-white rinse on it. This summer a lavender color was the thing ("it's the NEW blonde!"). Actually, it was very pretty on the women wearing it. But beauticians are getting annoyed..... so many of the older women are staying gray/white, the beauty shops are losing some business. I wonder if they've increased the charges on the hair coloring services to make up for it.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                            X