X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGIF ~ Nov. 6th

Morning all

I'm up and at 'em already.

We went to eat at Captain Anderson's last night - it was packed, but I have an old friend that waited on us - we got the VIP treatment, and only waited 10 minutes for the table to be cleared/cleaned and were seated. I overheard the front check-in person tell someone there was over an HOUR wait to be seated. It sure is nice to have people! The food was great and I thought they were going to have to haul me out in a wheelbarrow because I was so stuffed!

Y'all please keep Erin in your thoughts/prayers. She's having a rough go of it with depression/lack of sleep again. She went back to the psychiatrist yesterday and they prescribed a new medication. It's a MAJOR medication, so I'm hoping it works for her. She's missing quite a bit of school because she just cannot sleep.

Chris and I celebrated being together 18 months yesterday. He is still the best thing that has happened to me in...well... forever.

I'm off to grab some coffee and get this party started. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning , and I think our gorgeous weather has disappeared ....darn

we will be out and about early yet again... I Called D.Dr. office for them to have his script ready for today. ( pain med)..they called back later. ..and the Dr. wants to "see" him..so have to be there by 9.30...now what I wonder.

Yesterday I drove D. out to local health care to have the lab work that Tuesday Dr. ordered.c.. forgot the prescription , had to come home ,get it, and back again.. 5 miles back and forth. aggg. then D. wanted to go to Walmart .pick out a pair of just reading glasses that will work until he can get the cataract off and new glasses then.. finally got home. popped over to see dau Karen. catch up on family news. then a very welcome trip.. to Donna's .. she had made me a Carrot Cake... all my own.. yummmmmy.
    gotta love that niece of mine!....

Pat.one of my Piano students had similar problems with depression and her parents wisely got her to regular visits with psychiatrist ...one thing he did was make her unload some of the extra curricular activities. more home time.. but it is wise to get
    help now through these teen years.

better get moving . my hair needs some loving care this morning .. well, at least comb it.

Hi Justy!..
    Hi Paula.
    Donna, see you later..

and Hi to all my dear dear invisible friends on the RT..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning...I am headed for a shower in a few minutes...then get dressed and go up stairs I need to give the floors a once over...I am leaving for the night and my parents will be coming home with me tommarow..they are staying until Monday...

I am crazy stressed and ready to completely throw in the towel here in Missouri and move back to IL!! The people that are incharge of the program that I am a part of on Wednesdays have me completely stressed out. They are making things way harder for me that what they need to be...I am starting to feel like I can't do anything right for them....I never wear the clothes they want me to wear...well I don't have the clothes they want to me to wear! I don't know those clothes would be...if its like what my case manager wears I have news for them..I won't be dressing like that!! Just a lot of other stuff too!!

I am going to try to not think about it until I can deal with it on Monday...I want to enjoy this weekend with my parents and family....I am really excited I get to see alot of my friends from my old church tommarow! I am going to my friends baby shower with my mom...my entire reason for going home.

Comment

Hi Maye and all. Today is the day the Lincare Nurse is coming with the Trilogy noninvasive ventilator. It would be nice if it does all they say it will for my health problems.

Other than that not much happening but book work and usual things. Have a good day all.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Finally a day of rest for me. Have been busy power washing and scrubbing a house. It hadn't been washed for 5 years so I think the dirt was "baked" on. Even bought a cleaner to put in the soap tank of my power washer, but still had to use a scrub brush on every inch of it. Then it was more chewing of leaves at my house. Of course it doesn't look like I did anything as we had winds last night with the rain. Too wet to do anything about it today. Should be dry enough by Saturday I hope.

Yesterday was water aerobics. Because of the nerves in my feet and legs, I hadn't been to water aerobics for 3 weeks. This week is the first that I could go without shoes on my feet. Had to buy arch supports to put in my shoes. Don't think they would have survived the pool water and I couldn't stand to go barefoot.

Tomorrow is cooking day. Thinking about spaghetti for Sunday dinner. Like I said...thinking.

Everyone have an enjoyable day.

P.S. Thanks Pat for the Adobe form for the RT list.
          Last edited by jostoy; 11-06-2015, 08:50 AM.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good chilly (46) morning! It will get up into the 60's so all is good?
            Tonight is the local,Art Walk. Businesses are hosting wine and refreshments and staying open later to focus on local artists. I will be going to my favorite shop: Hoyse of Design. I was invited to a Sneak Preview on Tuesday, catered and all, but it is always right in the middle of daycare. So I just enjoy my special invitation and wait to have this evening to take in all the decorations in the shop.
            Enjoy your day, everybody!

Comment

Good morning, all. Breakfast is done and bathroom is heating so I can have a shower. Only part of the apartment that gets truly cold is the bathroom. I have to put an electric heater in there to get it warm enough to bathe. there's a ceiling heater in there but it doesn't do it warm enough before it turns itself off.

Laundry day today. No way out of it as I'm running out of clothes to wear. Whatever else gets done will be fine with me.

Pat, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad you found each other. thanks for the list from me too.

Where is Elaine today? She's almost always an early bird.

Justy, hoping the breathing device works well for you.

Beth, what is it that they want you to wear? Sometimes you just have to think of it as playing a role and not your real self. That's how I got my daughter to agree to the uniform she had to wear as a bus girl.

Maye and Jostoy, Hope your day goes well, too.

Comment

G'morning.......can't be long-winded - only 4 minutes till it's not a morning anymore Can't make a decision about what to do with what's left of this TGIF......so many choices. If the spirit doesn't move shortly, looks like I'll just sit on my booty all day.

Take care now.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.

Chilly-cold here, too, Paula. We will probably turn the furnace on after this weekend, when night temps drop below 40°.

Pat, my thoughts are with Erin. Good news, the scientists are taking a new look at depression, and other psychiatric conditions. I read it in our University's newsletter just this morning. So I hope they make real headway soon.
                  Meanwhile, a psychologist or psychiatrist may be what she needs. Be careful of experimental drugs. Everyone is different, so they should monitor her closely. Would she be interested in a yoga class, for relaxation, perhaps?
                  Congratulations to you and Chris. I'm glad you found each other; you seem to be an ideal pair!

Maye, your doctor's office could have just called that prescription in to your pharmacy, and saved you time and driving.

Beth, consider that your new job needs you to look "professional". It would give you a certain amount of prestige, and give the seniors more confidence I you. To be successful in a good job, you do need to "look the part". Consider your work outfit a "uniform". You need one set of clothes to wear, and a second set to have in case spills happen. You can find outfits you can wash-and-wear, and not require dry cleaning. Make sure you have comfortable shoes that go with the outfit, dark sneakers often can be the thing. You can do it, and it's really not so bad. Talk to your Mom about it.

Hi Justy, Jostoy, Barb, and all who follow.

Laundry day for me, too. I'd better get started. I'm determined to get something in the oven, just to keep the house warmer today.

Have a great day! 😄 (And smile, no matter what.)
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I thought I caught all the self-inflicted spell checker errors. I see I didn't get them all. 😁
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

aloha all!!

Just enhanced exercise today but since I am having that neck pain again I might not go. Not sure if it'll be good for it or not.

Have a good day all!

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I did mot realize how late it has gotten. I have been delaying gong to get my glasses fixed and have gotten to the point where I will just wait and see if the friend who is driving me to Mass will take me after Mass and then we can do supper. I just d not want to drive and it is a problem!

I have a meeting tomorrow morning and I have a friend who will bring me to the meeting, but I have t get someone to bring me home. Marie's daughter is getting married in right before Thanksgiving and she is BUSY!!! I don't see a problem with getting a ride home.

I wanted to call the post office and find out what the postal rates are for cards / letters going out of the country. They closed at noon! Oh well, I can Google it or wait until Monday!!

Erin is soooo lucky to have a great mom. I know how tough it is when our kids are hurting. I really appreciate your taking the time and doing the work to get the new IRL list out!

How long have you been in Missouri, Bethina? Maybe it is just a matter of taking time to get used to being in a new place. Making new friends, adjusting to new rules and new employers and co-workers is hard. Good luck to you.

Maye, you shouldn't be upset with yourself! 5 miles (OK 10 miles ) is just a short haul. It is good that David's doctor wants to see him. Pain meds can be tricky. Some doctors here will NOT prescribe over the phone. I cannot get antibiotics over the phone for my UTSs!

Justy - can you post some pictures of your breathing machine AND tell us how it is working for you?

Donna - I hope you are having a great time with Maureen. I cant imagine what you guys will do with all that applesauce! LOL

Elaine - is John feeling better?

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Punkin; 11-06-2015, 01:18 PM.
                          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Glad you took Erin for proper medication Pat. When we finally got a correct diagnosis for Jon and his adhd he was in high school and they said he was very beat up and depressed. He went from flunking high school the first two years to making the honor roll his last two. Thank you medication! Right now he and I are very happy watching our new front door be hung!! The basement door has been reordered but we were told this company does a holiday shut down so it may not be hung until January even with a rush on it. Rained all last evening but sunny and cooler this morning. Drew coming after school for the weekend and we have lots of running planned. He hates running but tis dad's weekend off. Sierra is not working this weekend and is already off to spend the day with mommy dearest. They are picking up a new printer for her and will sync it with her computer....of course I am paying for the printer which made both Sierra and Me mad but mothers boyfriend is the computer guy. Oh well, much to happy looking at my door to let mommy dearest and her antics bring me down today. Doesn't take much to make me happy and this door is making me positively giddy!

Comment

Sassygirl, your kitty picture is so cute! Wish I could show our senior rescue lab who, upon hearing the microwave, comes hippity hopping not like a young pup.
                              Mornings are oatmeal and my daughter gives the leftover to Coco.

Comment

Working...
                              X