X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ October 25

Good Morning!

Still raining. Still no snake.

Heading to the kitchen to make a Pecan Cobbler.

Have a good day, Everyone

Hi Elaine and good Morning to all

sounds yummy.. baking early morning ... house will smell good...

going to be football or sawmill for David.. and reading the latest Louise Penny for me.. not going to look for
    any house hold stuff to do at all.... sorting, tossing , etc etc can wait for a weekday.

see you all later .
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

WAY ahead of you, Elaine. I already have dough in the bread machine to make danish. Bought 2 cans of filling on the clearance rack earlier in the week so some will be apricot and some cherry.

Chris has invited one of his co-workers over for dinner this evening. This is the guy who fills in when anyone is out - and he will be filling in for Chris since Chris starts his new full-time position tomorrow! YAY! We will grill burgers and hang out on the back deck provided it isn't raining.

Other than that, no news.

Y'all have a good 'un!

Last edited by Pat B; 10-25-2015, 06:19 AM.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning everyone and all that follow. Just a quick hello and onto the never ending breathing treatments. Then back to bed I go to try to catch the zzzzzzzzzzz I miss out.

Have a good day all.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Didn't cook for my lunch today, so it might be "find what you can" or maybe an out to "somewhere" to eat.

Have had my shower and now drinking my coffee. The only thing on the agenda today is Church.

Have an enjoyable day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...Small group Bible Study this morning..a little bit of house keeping stuff...lots of reading...I got a new book from the Libary on my tablet last night..

Maye what type of books does Louise Penny write?

Comment

Good Morning! It's a wet & dreary one here....blah! Yesterday was the same. I'm going to start grumbling if we don't have some sunshine tomorrow.

Yesterday was good. Cooked a full blown ham dinner yesterday. Becca loves ham. My Mom, brother Tom, SIL, and friend Sandy also joined us. My brother & SIL then had to leave for Bible study. My SIL was sad cause she wanted to play cards with us. We had a fun evening.

This morning was church and now I have to decided what I want to do with the rest of the morning & early afternoon. There is Trunk or Treat at our church 5-7 & I don't have enough candy to go with the McD coupons I bought to give out, so I need to go to Dollar General to get some more. Becca's friend Carrisa (Daughter #2) is popping up for a while here later this morning or early afternoon. She goes to college down in Pgh at Rbt Morris College. She is Becca's best friend & who Becca stayed with in Bradford her Senior year of HS. I'm in the mood to bake something. Thinking about using the choc cookie part of the German Choc cookie recipe and make some dbl choc chip cookies...we'll see. Becca & I are going to my brother's place after T&T and play cards with my SIL and Mom. I'm so glad Becca wants to actually be with us.

Kathy actually had dinner with us last night, which was surprising. She hasn't had a sit down dinner with us all in a very long time.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                It looks to be fairly windy outdoors this morning, but the sun is shining and we should be in the mid-80's again today.
                Not much happening today. I still have to address a few more Halloween cards.
                My plan today is to get lost in the newspaper, this morning, and be a lazybones this afternoon.

Our nicest neighbor has put his house on the market this past week. Hate to lose them. Can only hope the next ones will be friendly. The other next door neighbor and her housemates (her DB & SIL) keep very much to themselves.

Otherwise, nothing much to gab about here.
                Have a beautiful Sunday. 🌼
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Was off and running yesterday morning. Got everything ordered to finish up here and it will be delivered tomorrow. Since we waited and are still waiting for the damn doors to be hung we got free delivery and a discount on the items. Adds up and we took it but wished to doors had been hung instead! The kids loved the Spaghetti Factory and ate like piglets. Andrew had never been before and with the construction Jon missed his turn and we ended up back in Illinois and making a u turn to go back across the bridge into Missouri. How many times do you cross the same bridge to go to Missouri? That was the kids joke at dinner. Came back across the river and went to Garden Ridge and bought a Christmas tree. They had a huge display of trees and people were buying like crazy. After we have finished (really...hope so, maybe) up the last of the started projects we will start in the kitchen and I still want the front porch painted this fall. The kitchen will be another time consuming project but first we need to get an electrician in. I have decided on the cabinet color and know which direction I am going with the curtains. We are not very skilled do it yourselfers and are more learn as you go doers. Some mistakes are time consuming but the goal is to be finished with the inside by Christmas. But you sure never know what you will find when you tear into something around here! Then I plan to settle in for the long winter and dream of summer vacation. Not a drop of rain for us is a long time...sunny and cold is back. I do not want the Texas rains but a couple of nice showers to settle the dust would be nice.

Comment

Good morning, all. At last I woke feeling clear headed for a change. Rain is forecast for Wed. Has been in the forecast for some time now. (Crossing fingers)

Looks like I'll do some washing today, wash clothes, wash dog, and clean fish tank.

Cookie, Love the idea of a sit down ham dinner. I love ham myself.

Elaine, did you post the recipe for Pecan Cobbler? I love pecans and anything that has them in it.

About all for now. Have a good one.

Comment

good morning! Just posting and will read a bit later. I still need the bathroom with the good lighting and so does Becky...
                      I will post the muffins she made yesterday. So good! They called for chai tea made with milk and some other spices. Super for a Fall morning!
                      I keep forgetting t say this, but my lilac bush is blooming! It has never bloomed inFall in all the 20 years we have lived here. One at the end of our street was blooming before mine and I thought that was strange...in drought?
                      I ended up going to a bunch of food stores yesterday, all in one direction so no extra driving. I took a bag and a cute Disney duffel to Goodwill. The duffel had some clothes in it and a duvet cover from Pottery Barn that was a bit hard to donate but I haven't used it in some time and thought "just go!" Then to Dollar General Market for chicken, then two other stores and finally to a convalescent hospital/rest home to see if they would take some unopened packs of Depends...they were happy to take them and I was able to do it. I don't know why it was so hard for me take them. I guess I didn't want to answer questions and say my husband had needed them at the last...
                      Not going there. This is going to be a great day!
                      Be back later to read and chat.
                      Enjoy the day!

Comment

Two days of deep clouds but not a drop of rain. Maybe it is supposed to rain by Tue. so we shall see. It is supposed to be part of the hurricane to it us by Tues. so we shall see what happens. WW says it will rain so it must be true. Of course they also said it would rain for the past two days. Wonder if they know what they are talking about.

Comment

ARM, my son in southern Missouri, Sikeston, has had rain but it sure is missing us, isn't it?

Comment

Aloha all!

It is early morning here and appears to be a beautiful day ahead.

Should be a fun day for me. A friend is taking me out to lunch as I give here rides to places she needs to go. Her way of thanking me. A new to me restaurant around the corner from here called the Hawaiian kitchen or something like that.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Sun finally came oout but in an hour or so it will be night again. Oh happy day.

Comment

Working...
                              X