Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ October 11

Good Morning, Sunshines!

Today is Annual Homecoming Day at West New Hope United Methodist Church. Church meeting and dinner on the ground (pavillion actually).
    Y'all Come!

All the old timers and locals who used to show up have gone to heavenly pastures. We aren't expecting a huge crowd, but we can hope.

So, Waldorf Salad and Pasta Salad in process. Still deciding on dessert.

Hope you all have a very beautiful Sunday.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 10-11-2015, 06:30 AM.

Morning all

Yesterday at work was awful. Everyone that could complain DID. Was so glad when 5pm rolled around!

Fell asleep watching football last night and actually had to google to see if my team won (they did!).

Today I'm making another pot roast - mashed taters & gravy, carrots, peas, and will bake a butternut squash too. Maybe even homemade rolls if I'm feeling especially ambitious.

But right now - more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning ...

had one of those nights of broken sleep.. bathroom visits... so kind of dragging just yet.... but I will get moving ... kitchen is tidied up ,,ready for me to mess up again... we are going to small family get together with our ,very- soon- to -be -Momma ... and inner circle around her. ..Dr has named Wed. 14, as her deadline for starting ..or she gets induced.. ... so will be fun, food. and smiles all around... Im making a small casserole of mac and cheese. ( Im on a roll with that this week)...

Pat.. you are in a cooking mood!... plus your SMILE is getting tired of listening to your guests?.

Elaine,, ummm it all sounds good... I Liked your little church..

had a good evening at Karens,, took two pies.. she had a good supper.. her husband's Mother was there. she is roundly and soundly tired of being an invalid ...she kept repeating ." I feel like i'm in everybodies way".. sad but the stroke has left her unable to live alone in her own big house. and her mind is playing games with her memory... she is virtually living inside herself..her world has shrunk to a chair and a walker.. and she hates it .. She panics at change tho'. she is lucky in this way...,,,,all four of her married children have their homes on the Home Farm.. so she is surrounded by family..and they all take turns caring for her...

and a good morning to you all...
      Hrh.. did you get much NEW Rain?
      Hi Justy
      Hi Paula....

Donna, btw, I hate peeling apples!... took me 2 hours to make crust and 3 apple pies.

see you later..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

If I have another night like last I think I will be calling the Dr. Was gasping for breath even rolling over in bed. I'm on oxygen 24/7. This is getting old. LOL Lincare has a couple things they are going to run by the Dr. This takes time of course and I want it better now if possible. Sorry for being so whiney.

Hi Maye.............

Comment

Good morning, all. Just a quick hello. Have a lot to do but must finish my tea first. Am beginning to question the idea of making my dress. Darned fabric is really hard to work with.
          See you all later.

Comment

Ahhh....SUNDAY ! My very favorite day of the week......big crossword puzzles - a good book - and WR on cooking duty.

Maye, not much more rain yesterday - about 1 " and the forecast looks good all this coming week. We boiled MORE water yesterday and still have the bath-tub full ( for flushing purposes ).So far, we're self-sufficient , thank the good Lord.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

Good morning, all you lovely people! ☺️
              Well, I got my normal 6 hours of sleep, and promptly woke at 6 this morning. Didn't get to sleep til midnight....DD asked me a question I couldn't answer, so I asked E-the-resident-mathematician. He looked it up, wrote out an answer (it took a while). Then when he put it as close to lay man's terminology, I told him to add one or two particular sentences for clarification purposes. So today he's going to send her the answer.
              Also...same DD has a new apartment lined up, and will move Nov 14th. (She put herself through physical therapy school, A+ student, then got a job at the hospital.). Her first-hubby and BIL will be helping her move her stuff from storage. She & her youngest DD have been staying in her son's apartment since her husband left and she got evicted from her home (...this guy comes to visit his dau once a month, and give them a bit of cash....he is SO out of my DD's life, but she will get as much cash as she can when he asks if she needs anything, and all he gets is a day's visit...he's such a loser!). Anyway, DD & GD will have their own apartment now, she got a good deal on the cost.

I love apple pie so much, Maye! I will need to make something with spiced apples today! I don't peel the apples, though....the peels are full of fiber, if not vitamins. Or so I was told by my betters in my younger days.
              I hope the young lady doesn't need to be induced. (Two of my DD's had to, and it took longer and was more painful than normal.) She will need family around to hold her hand, encouragement, and soothing words, if she has the same difficulties.

Elaine, thanks for the invite. I'll be there in spirit!
              Pat, sorry yesterday was such a bummer at work.

I hope everything is going well for everyone today.
              If the sun isn't shining there, I hope you feel it in your heart. ☀️

I'm going to start the day with coffee, and the newspaper. I think E promised to scramble eggs today.

Wishing you all a great day! 😄
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Sunday Morning! Yesterday was beautiful but on the chilly side.

Yesterday was good. I left the church smiling. We had cooking for the mens mission shelter scheduled for 10am-noon and I figured I wouldn't get out until about 12:30 after I cleaned up. There were 5 of us & we clicked instantly. We were done assembling everything by 11am and out of there by 11:15. The one lady is my age & she swore she wasn't going to step foot back into the kitchen because the last time she volunteered to help she was dismissed & told she could go home because they had enough help. You NEVER turn away help, especially a new person. The only reason she came was because I called & ask her. Told her I didn't want to be the only new person there. We decided we made a good team & plan to get together & bake and cook sometime here. Maybe I've made a new friend? I hope so. Anyways, I say the more hands you have to help, the lighter the load & quicker the job.

Came home with some leftover potato ends and ham scraps and made a wonderful soup. Would you believe Blaise actually ask for a second helping of it. Did some outside work. The day just flitted by. Kathy was gone most of it & didn't come home last night, so we had a very peaceful day and Blaise was well behaved.

Not sure what today will bring. Home from church now and started working on washing ALL of Kathy's clothes. I opened one bag that was out in the garage (the garage stinks like cigerettes) and just about tossed my cookies....GROSS. Washing everything in hopes that things don't smell so bad. Cards this evening with my Mom, SIL, and Aunt Pearl. My SIL is picking up one of those Pizza Hut box meals for $10 and I think I'm going to make a veggie plate and a plate of cookies.

It is good to hear from so many of you. I'm sure Mickie is fine, but it would be nice to hear that from her own fingers. Talking about Lisa's Mac & Cheese and Jackie's Meatloaf has made me miss both of them.

Apple pie...that does sound good. Aunt J, maybe you need to come over some day and we'll make up a bunch of pie crusts and put them in them in your freezer once we've rolled them out. Hmmmm, maybe I'll bake a pie for tonight.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I made the meatloaf last night for today after church. The house smelled so good. It is the lemon juice that really got my interest going.
                  Now if Pat or Maye or someone else would post LisaUK's mac and cheese...? I didn't understand that we no longer would have the archives; I thought we just wouldn't be able to add to them.
                  For today it is church in the morning and then planning my three days of daycare and starting to pack clothes for the wedding trip.
                  Donna, your meal and advice for the dinner (never turn away help) sound good. I want to meet with my friends that cook for our shelter and plan (loosely) for the meals we want to make. And I am going to ask via Facebook if any of my local friends who have schedules that prevent them from cooking would like to donate food and non-food items (those disposable aluminum pans) that we use. When I asked one time last year for help on an emergency fill in dinner (someone backed out at the last minute on a meal) I got way more volunteers than we needed. So I thought maybe some of them would like to help...
                  Pat, I can't imagine that there could be so many reasons to complain. But, if there was a reason, I really can't imagine they wouldn't find a nice way of stating their problem...we had one issue with our airconditioner in Hawaii, tried a few days to live with it (my room was great and not the issue). When we finally called and asked if someone could look at it, we even said, Well, maybe we aren't understanding the way to work the switches...the guy came up, saw right away and fixed it, checked the other bedrooms and then came back right away with AA batteries because he heard the boys asking my son when they could go to a store to get batteries for the new toy they had! Customer service! And starting out not complaining or saying anything about the price we were paying...well, my dad always said, You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. (And in my head I Always said Who wants to catch flies? He would say that to me after I had been negative with my brothers...)
                  Well, hope today goes well for everyone.
                  Stay well, dry (Hrh) and enjoy the day!

Comment

Why does one thing lead to another bigger thing? We have one of those messes in the hall ceiling. AHHHH! But we will find a way to fix it..always do. Painted the kitchen ceiling and this morning we are seeing such a difference between the two rooms...wow, what a difference a coat of paint makes. We wasted so much time in the hall that the living room did not get touched and it is doubtful it will today. I hate living in a mess...always have and I know I will be grouchy all week because of it. Made a big pot of chili yesterday and the aroma of that and the smell of paint settled in the hall plus working over your head and I have such a headache still this morning. Sat out by the wood fire last night and the night air may have contributed. But who can beat a roasted marshmallow? They were a great dessert after a bowl of chili. Drew had smores but I just want a burned marshmallow. Got colder as we sat so I came in to shower and went to bed with a wet head. Mama Mia! You should see my head. Everyone is up and I am the holdup...Sierra has spent the weekend with mommy dearest so will be coming in like an old bear sometime today or evening. Not sure if Drew is staying another night since tomorrow is a holiday, Columbus Day, yes? I don't know. Oh gosh those two are honking at each other using different horn sounds. Happy morning people can be so annoying!

Comment

Aloha all!

Hot and muggy today. Where are our tradewinds?

No special plans for today. Have already been on my walk around the outside of the building. Saw lots of geckos who skitter across the sidewalk. Cute little things. Also one dead African snail which are an invasive species here. If I see a live one will smash it. Horrible things.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Better late tan never!

It was cool and really cloudy today, but no rain - so far! I went to Mass and FINALLY got to go to Walmart and get my hair done and buy groceries. What made me mad was the fact that the ATM at the Credit Union AND the one at the Money Center in Walmart were not working! GRRRRRRRRR

It was also very dark at 7:10am when my ride came to get me. I am a bit worried about the upcoming time change because it will be even darker.

I will try and get to Lunch 'N Learn tomorrow. IT depends on the weather and the "whether" (whether or not I can drive.) Heck, I might even try and read the chapter we will be discussing. LOL

Meatloaf sounds sooo good! I grew up with meatloaf and man 'n cheese being real comfort food! That and roast beef and mashed potatoes!

Pat - I hope I was not one who added to your rotten day at the office!!
                        Maye - You didn't save me any apple pie???!!!
                        Justy - DO NOT wait until you have another bad night. You must have that breathing problem checked ASAP!! That could be life-threatening! (Sorry to nag, but I care!!!!)

I need to go and make something to eat. I have had only a cup of coffee and a cinnamon raisin bagel today and I realized that I am hungry!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                        X