Boo Hoo, Sigh Sigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo Hoo, Sigh Sigh

Today was the last day of September... big deep sigh..... here it comes ..... Rainy day. temperature dropped.. everyone wearing hoodie jackets.

with the month of October , you just never know whether there will be sunshine ( and if there is it can still have cold 30-40 temps).. or not .

yeah, Im a whiner... but I would not mind the cold if it just did not stick around so long..... I wonder if in my former life I was a native of some place closer to the equator.. ...

tomorrow I will put the winter slacks up into the Closet . dig out the winter coats...

there is Joy on the horizon ... our first great-grandbaby, ( boy) is due in the middle or October. so there is something good about getting to October this year..... God willing he will be a healthy little guy and Momma Kristen will have an easy delivery!!!.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

I'm dying for some cold weather! It's still super hot here. No sign of October yet.

Comment

Hey, Maye. On overcast days, try wearing your brighter colors. That should brighten your mood, as well as other peoples' day. One of my "besties" complained that the overcast days depressed her, but at my suggestion she put brighter light bulbs in her areas and said it helped.

Would send you some of our sunshine if I could. Out here we are very much looking forward to cooler weather. Today E is taking me to the mall to check out sales on sweaters......I desperately need to replace my old ones!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

After October comes winter and long cold nights, snow, slush, streets not plowed, ice, streets not salted, car scrapping, throwing salt on sidewalks and drives...sweatpants and sweatshirts, flannel jackets and sheets. Months of cold hands, noses and feet. No sun for days and weeks.. shocking myself and throwing sparks. Some days I fell like I could start a fire with my finger! Oh man, I hate winter! Seems like it lasts 11 months of the year. I'm a whiner too...if I wanted to live in constant cold I'd move to Siberia. I am a big fan of global warming and hope it comes before I'm gone and frozen. I don't care if we melt the icebergs...that just means beach front property is moving closer to me!

Comment

Maxie, that street description was the deciding factor when I was considering moving to Utah a couple of years ago. It was a sunny day, but yucky old plowed and piles snow an the curbs and sidewalk. Icy streets and I just knew I would be a hostage of winter there. At least for now, I am staying here, drought and all.

Comment

Yes!... I found my true partner at last!! Maxie , I Iove you...we are made of the cloth...

we went to Bethany's soccer game... the field is in the little towns community park... way up on top of the biggest hill around... lovely place , ,,,, greenery ,, trees etc. and WIND... dang near froze... set huddled in my folding chair... wishing I had brought a thermal blanket with me... the heavy sweat shirt/coat, with hood was NOT near enough .... David started to chill and shake. so we folded our chairs and slunk back to the car in the last half... they were losing 4-2.. got a call later they tied the score 4-4 and played overtime and still lost.. had we stayed for all that I would be in bed with the beginning of pneumonia!........I Hate Winter weather....yeap your description was perfect!

Elaine , you have your sentence wrong.... "I'm dying for some cold weather"..... its goes like the "I'm dying in this cold weather... help me help me helpme."......

we whiners must stick together .

Comment

It was 102° today. E took me shopping at Macy's. I got sweaters, tees, and a dressy top or 3. I got their card for a better discount. 😃
              Not on sale, before taxes, $269+
              Payment, with tax, $120!
              OK, c'mon winter! I'm now ready!!!
              Seems I'm one of the older ladies who gets cold very easily.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Wow! You got a great deal!

Comment

Wow I agree, a great Deal.

Jo G. 102. what was the humidity with that?..... when we were visiting son Mike YEARS ago. in Tucson. it s over 100. but the humidity was only 18%.. you did not sweat . or feel as hot as our 95 with 65% humidity... of course my skin dry out . heels cracked open..

Comment

I didn't look, but probably 35 or so. Today it's higher, 44% right now, as rain is forecasted for Sunday or Monday, and temps are starting to go down again.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X