Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ June 21

Good Morning, and Happy Father's Day!

Have seen so many posts about fathers on FB that I am thinking of my dad more than ever. He's been gone since 1980 - half my life. Loved him so.

Janet, one thing about John and me, we do work well together; in fact, I love to accomplish goals with him. It's still fun after all these years.

Val, so great finding you here yesterday. We never forget one, no matter how long it's been. So wish some of our other members would stop by and say "Hi."

Well, hope you all have a lovely day. I must get in the kitchen and get my final touches done before church.

Love and hugs to Everyone.

Good Morning friends

how right you are Elaine.... when someone pops in and says hello... it is so great to see them... warm welcome always!!!.

one person I miss and wish she would stop by... but probably can't find us... is Kazibeth.... she stayed with me when we had the round-up together way back in sept of 2004...
    question, who do you remember that is missing .. not just gone. like Gube , Boilerman, msfitz, el Tigre, Esther, and other.. but Kayce, Jackie,Jostoy..Kellie, sigh. etc etc..

and Always Glad to have a NEW face join us.!.. so if anyone is peeking in and reading ... join us ..

Fathers Day... I'm taking hubby out to lunch.. early,, to beat the rush.... and have no idea if his children have anything planned.. no one has talked to me if they do have plans.. still very wet ... not raining . just soggy... going to be humid.

should be a day of reading .. not planning any Jobs ...Church is on summer schedule.. meaning starting at 9;30. ..

Have not been to Donna's since she started her unpacking .. (my car is in for repair yet again).. but just get a warm fuzzy glow knowing she is only minutes away.!!!.. sure hope she gets set up and back to baking ...I'm planning cookie , coffee drop in breaks. .

have a great day.

Hi Paula
    Hey Justy , how you feeling today. same for you Bethina.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Late to rise and shine today. I am doing fine Maye. Just my usual complaints which will always be with me, Thanks for asking.

It's hard to believe my street is dry this morning. All this rain sure has made my shrubs grow. Now to find time for someone to trim them.

Have a good day all.

Comment

Good morning....family reunion day today on my daddy's side of the family...its at a park outside...there is a 90% chance of rain in the town that it is in....I don't remember it ever being cancelled do to rain...it just means there won't be as many people there..I am hoping the weather guys are wrong. I made lemon bars to take....my mom is making my favorite...home made cherry pie using sour cherries instead of cherry pie filling..

Will come home from the reunion and make a peach cobbler for supper tomarrow evening...My cousin is coming to my parents for dinner...He and his wife are moving to Organ this week....and his dad is living at my parents for the time being.

Comment

☕️ Good morning.
          My second try at posting. I hope my iPad isn't dying on me. It keeps going hazy and off. So I'm typing this on an email format, which I will copy and paste. Hope it works.

Today will be sunny, but just 108° today.

Yesterday I took E out for a Father's Day dinner at BJs Brewhouse.
          They do have a nice menu. E tried the bison burger, and I the turkey burger. For dessert, I had a coupon for a birthday mini (not that small!) Pizookie. I had the waitress separate it. E got the bowl of ice cream that normally tops the hot, fresh-baked in a tart pan, chocolate chip cookie. The waitress put the dishes on the table and just walked off. The candle was in the ice cream. The two young adult couples said, "A birthday? And no birthday song?" So E told them it was mine and I was 73, and he's got the ice cream because I can't have dairy. They said, "Really? Well, if they won't sing, we will." And proceeded to sing very loudly, "Happy Birthday.......to the good-looking lady across the aisle that we don't really know...." And when the song was finished they gave me all kinds of good wishes, and hoped when they got to my age that they hoped to look as good and healthy as I did. Made my day. 😄

Well it took the thunder out of Father's Day, I think, so as we passed a new restaurant named OINK (all things bacon...maybe ham, too, and whatever else is related to the revered pig ?) ..... So I told E that I'd take him there for breakfast today. Let him pig-out on his favorite food.
          So that's today's plans. He also wants to check out the mall across town.

Maybe a stop at a Goodwill. Got a trunk full's worth of stuff to go.

So, that's it for today.

Have a perfect day, today. 😎
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Happy Father's Day! Like Elaine, I am remembering my dad and missing him a lot. Gary loved Father's Day. He said the minute our first was born, in October, he couldn't wait for his firstvFather's day! I am just so thankful for all my good memories.
            I woke up to cute pictures on Facebook. Spencer in Japan celebrating the day. His boys made hamburgers ( shaped kind of funny), and Nikki bought a beautiful photo cake. Maybe Pat can help me post the picture here. Cakes are really fancy over there...and very pricey.
            Ok, no more tears! I should not have voiced my thought of wishing I had someone to celebrate with....
            Gotta go get ready for church. And jump on the scale...
            Have a great day!
            Jo, you deserved every bit of that birthday song! Good for those singers!

Comment

Good Morning! It's been almost exactly 35 yrs since my Dad died. The day before (June 15th I think) Father's Day was my best friend's graduation party. I went for a little, but left early because we were taking my Dad to Pizza Hut for dinner since my HS graduation was actually the day of FD. Two days after graduation my Dad died. I was so glad I left the party & went with the family to celebrate.

Yesterday was super productive. I was motivated to empty boxes & move them looking for the two baggies with the bed bolts & screws. No luck. Did get a lot accomplished though. Our room is beginning to look like a room as well as Blaise's. Created a box "wall" for Becca's room. Corky & I got one of the shelving units built in the pantry...3 more to go. He got my freezer shuffled over & plugged in, so I may be going over to Aunt J's to get some of my freezer stuff stored in her freezer today or tomorrow.

Got a call from my friend Maureen. She's coming for a visit & to help me decorate in mid-July. I'm excited! I'm also motivated even more to get this place looking spit spot! She couldn't believe I had company over the night before to play games since the place would look like a bomb hit it. Funny how some people you can get away with a mess & others you don't want them to come unless you've got time to clean first.

Made some spaghetti for supper. It was nice sitting down at our dining room table again. After cleaning up we all headed over to my Mom's. Corky finished cleaning up his area that he slept in, which included taking the mattress back up to her room. Becca & I drove separate from Cork & Blaise. We stayed & played cards with Mom & her friend Dorothy. We only played one game because 7am wake up this morning would come way too soon. We had a nice time.

Our day today has kind of screwed up our plans. We wanted to take Corky out for lunch, BUT my brother Ray is coming over around noon. Another lost thing...the power cord for the computer monitor. He's bringing over some he has from previous computers. So that messed up my plans to go out for an early lunch. So you say "go after he leaves", well the guy from Consolidated Communications is suppose to come btw 2pm & 4pm to fix the TV issue. I didn't want to go in town for lunch & then rush through so we could be here IN CASE he comes at 2pm. Maybe we'll take him out for dinner then.

Becca & Corky just left to go to town. Becca needs a new pair of tennis shoes with support. Her feet have been killing her after work every day. Corky took his "Needs" list and will go to Home Depot to hopefully find everything he needs. Hopefully we'll get the other two beds put together. He'll put me out of my guilty misery from losing the baggies of bolts. While they are doing that, I hope to empty a few more boxes.

Have a good one all!!!!

Comment

Rained and rained and rained...again. Must have been bad storms during the night from what I am reading on FB and more rain today. How can Mother Nature be so screwed up with drought in so many areas out west and we are flooding here? No outside work can be done with all this rain and wet so the process of selling this place is held up. Everyone lost an entire week and not looking so good for this week. Took the kids shopping yesterday and they picked out a new weed eater for dad's gift. It was not the one recommended to us but Andrew was adamant that this was the one. We bowed to his expertise and he carried it through Lowe's checkout looking around to make sure dad was no where in sight. He is the cutest Do not know what this week will bring but have decided to roll with whatever. If the hot weather really does come in I may take a couple days to spend at my sister's pool. But first another day of rain and storms to get through. It has rained every single day since we got home from vacation. Bummer!!!

Comment

Try to find breakfast out, today! We went to OINK.....they were closed. A sign on the doors said "We will be back". (When?). We went to 3 Good Egg restaurants, an iHop or two, Village Inn, Joes Pancake House, and Jerry Bob's. All were overflowing, and we didn't want to sit out in the heat and wait. We passed the OINK again, but still closed. Ended up getting donuts (the Dunkin Donuts was packed, but still selling from the counter), so it didn't take long to get them, and that's our breakfast at home at 11:45. The roads were busy too...why weren't those people in church?!!! So We are home the rest of the day. We'll go to the mall this week sometime.

I've got a load of laundry going right now.

Cookie, I like the way you rearrange your plans to "go with the flow".

You gals made me join into thinking of my Dad. It's hard to remember when he passed away, as Mom didn't tell me til weeks after. She said she didn't want me at the funeral. Turns out there never was a funeral, and Dad's natural family was pretty ticked at her, to put it mildly. I was the only one who could ever disagree with him, because I had logical explanations for my thinking, didn't make him feel criticized. He had his quiet ways of protecting me from Mom's illogical wrath at times. Mom limited me to certain areas of cooking in the kitchen. Dad showed me ways of putting things together (mostly using leftovers and eggs), as he did during the depression.....I'm a whiz at that in my everyday cooking now. He'd be so proud.
                  He was proud of me when he took the family fishing once. At Lake Erie. I caught as many fish as he did, 13. My brother caught 1, but didn't enjoy it that much. Mom just got sick and curled up in the boat. During his last years, he pretended to be almost deaf (he did have bad hearing, but not that far gone). When everyone else left the room, we'd talk. He was no angel, as my teen years had me dodging his hands, challenging his Biblical training. But no doubt I learned more from him than from Mom, insofar as preparing me to be on my own (I left home a few days after graduation & my birthday, on Fathers Day @ midnight). No way would they let me go to college when a rich guy was up for marriage; I couldn't understand that jerk, and this is the only way I could get away from him.). I really hated to leave home, but I felt I needed to face life on my own terms. Mom disowned me off and on for the rest of her life, but Dad would tell her that I needed to do what I had to do...I wasn't breaking any laws. I remember Mom once breaking her silence and told me Dad was dying in the hospital. I flew home, and got there in time. The doc asked what magic I had. He said the night before Dad was brought in. The doc didn't treat him because doctors can immediately tell when a patient was too close to death to treat. But the minute they told Dad I was enroute in a plane and would be there in a matter of a few hours, his color returned. When my plane had landed, he was talking and got moved into a room. When I arrived at the hospital, he'd eaten something, his faculties were all functioning. Go figure. I stayed a week or two. He lived several more years after that.
                  Bittersweet memories.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

If it's not one thing, then it's another.
                    We heard some noises outside a little while ago. We checked out front, and my wishing well was blown over, it's roof now in 2 separate pieces. And there's also plant debris on our walkway.
                    We checked out back, our metal swing had also blown over and about 5' closer to the house; a round metal based table had blown over, it's glass top now in smithereens; a plastic lawn chair blew halfway across the yard to up against the berm. All in different directions!!
                    We've got 10-15 mph winds is all. We must have had one really good gust pass through. A twister? Today's high temp has changed to 105° (from 108°)
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Aloha all!

Jo, you must of had a dust devil go through your yard. They can blow things around.. I had a quilt hanging out to dry once and one of those dust devils came through. No quilt. We looked all around and finally spotted it on the roof. Found a very nice entry mat in our yard once too.

Have spent the morning on the computer getting my Kindle account straightened out and think it is, but am keeping my finger's crossed anyway.

They will have a big lunch shindig here today so Bim and I will go early to find a seat. Sometimes a bit hard.

Have a good day all!

Comment

That's what E had surmised. Though I've never actually see one here. Only in Casa Grande.
                        Of the 4 things that got blown around, three of them are far too heavy for me to lift, and of those 3, 2 got broken.....and each of those things were blown in different directions which shows the path of a dust devil. I'm still in awe of it.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This day has been long and it is still today! I thought it was about 2am and I was all set to actually start a new thread for tomorrow.

I went to 11:15am Mass and then went to lunch with friends - one of whom was the priest who celebrated Mass. He was with us for two years in 2007 - 2009. We were good friends, but lost touch over the years. He will be coming back to our parish for 3 months while our pastor is on sabbatical.He is a really good priest and his homilies are great. Our pastor will be hiking the 500 mile El Camino. He will start in France and end up in Santiago, Spain. It will take him 6 weeks. He is also going to the Holy Land and Assisi before taking on the El Camino.

Today has been long because I kept thinking of those men who are fathers, but never would , or could, be fathers. They really left scars on their kids. I must include my own sons in that sadness. They were not fathers to their children. It is tough right now because both my kids are in jail.

I have to go. My computer says it has to restart in 3 minutes and some seconds. BBL
                          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                          X