X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ May 15

Hello and Howdy!

5a here. Cat again.
    The keyless lock went in like warm butter yesterday. I think it took 5 minutes. Of course, this is #3, but old folks forget what we did a year ago. These things seem to last one year and then it's time for a replacement.

So this morning I'm making a "fresh" cherry cobbler. Bought myself a pitter and had a blast. Hope this recipe works out.

Guess I might as well get my batter going.

Church and ballgame for us today. Crab Louie on the menu for us this afternoon.

Hugs to Everyone.

Good Morning

everyone sleeping in this morning I guess. Mark has been here and gone... and I must get myself ready for the day..

A special party this afternoon..... my Grandson Ian and wife Kristen are expecting a baby in Oct.. today is the "Announcement " day party... Kristen's mother has the Sonagram,, the verdict , boy,or girl. in a sealed envelope.... to be opened today at the party.. our first great grandbaby.. I must have went brain dead after getting invitation.. because it dawned on me , I really should have a gift to take....so will make a quick trip to Walmart for something.. this forenoon.. will put a P.S. on the Board this evening tell you all what It is..

Elaine.. glad the lock went in quickly..

The lady collected her finished Skirts yesterday... left me $60 for doing them.. wow...( I was thinking 30 would have been lots.).. she did ask already if I could hem her winter collection of skirts, dresses...not now, but in the fall... yes, only I will go a bit slower...

better get this house tidied up.. ... and drink that second cup of coffee. see you all later.

Hi Paula
    Hi Justy..
    and Hi to all of you sleepyheads.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
      HAPPY FLAG DAY ! 🇺🇸
      5:30 here, and I've been awake for an hour. Having a bit of trouble with the WiFi here today. 😐
      Not much to report. Probably the laziest day of our weekend. Actually, I wish there were more to do. There aren't many people in the hotel since we've been here. We will be going out to breakfast at Denny's today, 1 of the 2 restaurants in town (I don't count Pizza Hut, Arby's, or Taco Bell as "real" restaurants). Oh, we did find a Jerry Bob's (country cooking) , is is only open for breakfast & lunch. Might go there.
      Am getting a lot of Kindle reading done.
      The temps are climbing slowly. Today, 104, tomorrow 105°. Could be worse.

Have a good day!😄
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning....The wedding yesterday was very pretty very simple....The menu at the reception was a favorite of mine...Pulled pork sandwiches chips and dip and veggies and dip. The cake I did not care for at all....It was very pretty but had slid some we think catorer must have put it together in the heat and not supported it enough. Between the wedding the recption mom and I went and got something to drink while dad had to stay behind at the church and look at the sump pump in the basement....it went out at some point...I am not sure if the guy that was going to see if he could fix got it done last night....One of the other trustees asked daddy to look at it since he was busy withe wedding well dad didn't have a tool he needed to fix it. They finally got a hold of the 3rd guy.

It looks like more than likely my move will take place in August. I am hoping for late august. Mom will talk to the people that are going to be helping me with a job on Monday. I will more than likely have to spend some days in Saint Louis before I officially move over. I have decided that I want to stay here if I can while I deal with those things...I don't want to go to a new place and have to just sit in the house....I think that it will much easier for me to make the adjustment if I wait to move until closer to the time that I begin my new job....

Today my plans are to go to church....maybe lunch....and then come home in the cool....and maybe go outside this evening.

Comment

ladyebug, I have two of those keyless locks also. One is used a lot and have changed it 3 times. They are great when your not changing them! LOL

Another warm and windy day. Oh well, I hope today will be a quiet uneventful day.

Comment

We are home...got back yesterday afternoon. What a wonderful vacation! I am not a fan of resort food and was ready for a good ole McDonald's cheeseburger but everyone else ate their fill all week and more. Sierra and her dad swam with the dolphins and that was the only side trip taken this time...just eat, drink and soak up the beach/pool. Now it is back to reality. Will talk to the realtor tomorrow and see what progress we have made but today I see laundry and a trip to the grocery store for good old American junk food. I am glad to be home today but it was so wonderful I know I will want to go back tomorrow.

Comment

Maxie, what beach did you visit?
              Good morning to all! It is cooler this morning and we did not keep the air on all night. It felt so good to have windows open and fresh air. Yesterday was hot and windy. I was trying to clean out the van and vacuum it and my hair was all over my face. Not a fun cleaning experience, but I love t when all the mats are clean again. I was driving a friend to a church conference and her big Tahoe is always clean and nice...
              Today is church and then nothing much planned afterward. Which means we watch a couple episodes of Parenthood, read and plan out activities for the week for daycare.
              Thanks for the reminder about Flag day, Jo! I will put ours out as soon as I am finished here.
              I hope you all have a great day! I love my low agenda days! I got so much done yesterday. I was at Walmart at finished by 10:30 with all shopping and it was already hot. 86 at 10:30 you know you are in for some heat. We went swimming before noon stayed in most of the afternoon. I need to find a team to watch, I guess.
              Will be waiting to find out what you are having, Maye...
              Stay hydrated, Everyone and enjoy your day!

Comment

Paula, there's a bit of our flag's history in Subjects of Interest, if you're interested.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula, we were in Mexico! We flew into Cancun then bused further down to the resort in Riviera Maya. Beautiful beaches with a wedding every evening. Gorgeous!

Comment

Hi, all. I'm still around but this has been a bad week for me. Allergies flared up and blues got me down. Trying to get my Apt. cleaned up as we have inspection coming up this week. These places are really well maintained.

Maxie, I loved Cancun and the rest of the Yucatan. I celebrated my 55th birthday there. Just my dearest friend and myself. We went on to Merida and visited Chichen Itza on the way. Then we went and spent the rest of our time going to ruins. My inner archeologist comes out when I see ruins.

Enough for now. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

Aloha all!

Not going to stay as my eyes are very blurry or I am seeing double vision. Eye is scratch so think I scratched it in my sleep. This happens to me ever so often. Sure put a dent in my lans for the day. By evening it should be better.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X