January 23, Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 23, Friday

Hey Peeps. Yesterday was just beautiful. I didn't find a thing trash pickin' or at the thrift shop. No problem because it will happen later because I'm manifesting nice rugs and a good bedside table or chest.

I have 2 Rosemary bushes that need to be transplanted to the front of the house, (North side in the shade) because I don't think they can survive this brutal heat another season and I can water them out there much easier. Problem is I need to wait for the windows to be installed so they won't get tramped on. It's on my To Do List.

I'm determined to create some 'Artwork' for these walls. I've been saving coffee filters and thought I'd make something with them, but I'm hoping I'll find some perfect prints at the thrift shop to frame.

That's it for this neck o' the woods.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning all

It is POURING rain here and has been since the middle of the night. How do I know? The noise of it hitting the skylights woke me up around 2:30ish.

Long boring day in the office yesterday - I was the only one there from noon until 5pm. The phone rang exactly twice all afternoon. It'll be much the same today - the boss has hurt his back and will be staying home again today. None of the winter guests will come to visit because it is 100% chance of storms all day today.

Good thing I've got the internet and a book to read

Not much else going on here. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Hi karlinann! Hi Pat! Hi Everyone.

They've predicted show for us around 10 - not enough to stick, just enough to fall. Hope we get some. It is snowing in s central Tx now, which is very weird.

Nothing happening here. Ran errands yesterday and will stick around here today. Think I may take some curtains down and give them a washing. Stew and chicken on the menu.

Hope each of you have a very good Friday. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Comment

Ladyebug, do you still have the cows that "came to visit and destroy" ? Or did I miss the post about them being gone?
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Morning...just passing through this morning

Comment

Good morning, friends.
            Attention the moment it's 38° outside, its 6:30 so the sun hasn't yet risen. It should be a clear, sunny day. It looks like the Weather Weenies gave us an extra day in the low 60's but tomorrow will be warmer again, barely bumping 70°.
            I'm sitting in the corner with my trusty iPad, in the dark. I must decide now whether to make my mocha, or just tea. Weight is still up, so I should have tea; but I allow myself one daily treat of under 100 calories, so mocha wouldn't be out of line on a frigid morning. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Today nothing much is planned. Just catch up with all my good intentions that I didn't do this past week.
            The other day I made chicken cups, to use up some chicken I had cooked. I shredded the chicken in what little sauce it still had, added some cumin and taco spice, and put Grands muffins in a muffin pan and filled it with the chicken. Topped it with a mixture of pepper jack, swiss, and cheddar cheeses and baked it for 30 minutes. It turned out yummy. So, it'll make quick lunches this weekend with a cole slaw side. Easy peasy.

Enjoy the rain, Pat. It means you aren't in a drought. We are facing one. Scientists are going to try seeding clouds to fill the Colorado River, to ease the drought we are facing.

Have a good day, everyone.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning all!

Chilly here, about 31. Should warm up latter.

This being Friday have a busy day of activities. Chair exercises and bean bag baseball in the morning and this afternoon we have a social hour where we gave pictures of us when we were kids to Michelle, our activity director, and we will try and guess who is who. Should be fun. I gave her one of me when I was around 8 or 9 I guess.

Must remember this site may be closed tomorrow for a while.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning! Finally Friday. My week usually goes quickly, but not Friday's. Today should be better because all the kids will be here. The more the merrier is totally true for childcare.
                Not much on my To Do List. Just the kind of agenda I want!
                Have a good day!

Comment

Well, it looks like we will be off here tonight and tomorrow so will just say howdy.

31º this morning on my porch with frost on the cars in the parking area.

Pat, I used to hate those winter nights when we had no customers.

Have a good couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                  X